Liked: 5

Default The Formula 600 Challenge $$$

Fred Edwards asked that I post this from the F600 forum:

We are in the process of setting up a F-600 race series program for 2013 and should hopefully have the web site up by the ARRC. We are looking at 6-8 races around the country next year. We have some race sponsor money for some of the events and are working on more. We would like your input tracks for the series.
    For the new web site we would like to have your F-600 team listed so we need a small write up about your team with some pictures. This web site will be a tool that you can use to look for team sponsors and help promote the class.
    If you are setting on the fence with the F-600 there is no better time to get your car ready for 2013. We will, after discussing with Jim, Clint, Carl, and Jay, annouce the tracks for 2013 after the ARRC. If you would please send your write ups to f.edwards@metalloidcorp.com.
    This is going to be a exciting series.

Here is the thread - http://formula500.org/viewtopic.php?t=4309

Jim

Liked: 896

Default F600 Challenge Races

I think the F600 Challenge is going to make F600 a really viable class. We need to get about 10 cars at least at each race and then show the members of the formular car community what great cars the F600s are. We need to do our best to showcase the class and the F600 Challenge will do just that.

We need to have races that are available to the greatest concentration of F600 cars in the southeast. Right now we only have 2 F600s here in Great lakes but more are on the way. We need to pick the right venues shat will really allow the formula community to see these screaming machines. I would like to see races at the great name tracks, some of my favs are:

Road Atlanta
    VIR
    Mid-Ohio
    Grattan (toughest medium speed track in the USA)

I would like to see a couple or real twisty tracks similar to Grattan.

I think the logistics of scheduling the races will be the hardest part. If we can get a couple of Restricted Regionals within National Races that would be great. I know there are a lot of guys out there who are paying serious attention to F6, waiting to see what happens.

We will be at all the Challenge races with the new NovaKar. Driver/s ???

Thanks ... Jay Novak

Barber is a great medium speed twisty course.

Jim

Here is the Press Release -

Attachment 34584

Jim

Contributing Member Chris Elwell's Avatar
    Liked: 58

Default Tracks Announced

Looks like the tracks have been announced for 2013.

The Formula 600 Challenge Series has announced the track line-up for the inaugural 2013 season.

With financial sponsorship from Metalloid Corporation, Racing Analytics, and Formula 600 Racing, the pro Formula 600 Challenge Series will visit several of the premier race facilities in the USA this coming season. On tap for the series racers will be stops at Circuit of Americas in Austin, Texas (tentative), which hosts the Formula One Grand Prix this weekend (November 17-18), VIRginia International Raceway in Alton, Va., Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio, Watkins Glen International in Watkins Glen, N.Y., Barber Motorsports Park in Leeds, Ala., and Road Atlanta in Braselton, Ga.

The track dates are slated to be announced soon on http://www.TheFormula600Challenge.com

The Formula 600 Challenge series was developed to help promote an affordable open-wheel formula car to showcase talent without large financial race budgets. The Formula 600 cars use a 600cc motorcycle engine and a six-speed sequential drive chain revving up to 13,000 rpm with speeds capable in excess of 135 mph. The sound of the drivetrains at 13,000 rpm with their six-speed sequential transmissions is likened to a F1 car.

A race purse will be provided for each race and comprise of cash and prize awards for the top finishers, along with tow fund payments.
    http://formula500.org/news_info.php?n=8750

Contributing Member
    Liked: 13

Default COTA

You guys have to go to Cota in March. It is absolutely the best track I have ever seen. To have a SCCA club race there is beyond belief. I've been at Silverstone and this puts it to shame.

Liked: 72

We would certianly love to be there! Just get the man in charge to let us on the door and we will be there.

Liked: 72

I think if this were made into a Rational it would get the min number of entries for sure.

Rumor has it that it is highly unlikely that it will become a Rational because it may become a Major. IF this happens we have no chance to get in per Butch Kummer, Majors chief.

Jim

Thread Information