Contributing Member
    Liked: 26

Default Quaife Differential

Hello all,

I purchased an F1000 earlier this year. Once we picked it up we pulled it apart and have been rebuilding it all summer. It is now about to be re assembled and I have a question with respect to the Quaife differential in the car;

the car is a Stohr, runs a GD 2008 GSXR. the diff identifies that it is a Quaife but no part number is apparent, it has grease nipples on it but when looking at the Quaife web site it says that they require no maintenance! At least the differential on their site that looks very similar to whats in the car says "No Maintenance".

Does anyone know if they need or should be serviced? Should I grease the differential? And if so is there a special type of grease needed? or is it truly a NO Maintenance diff?

thank you in advance for any advice regarding this question.

Liked: 5

Blair,
    There are 5 grease nipples on the diff; 3 are in the center of the spool and are easy to grease. 2 are on either side and I have not been able to access them with the diff in situ; they are too close to the spar to get the grease gun fitting on. I was considering making a pipe adapter to allow greasing them in situ, but I ended up having to remove the diff this year and was able to access them that way.

I use Mobil 1 grease.

I give each one a few shots every other race weekend.

Here is a diagram:

http://www.autotech.com/quaife/downl...309201REV1.pdf

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Quote Originally Posted by Ivinsea View Post
    Blair,
    There are 5 grease nipples on the diff; 3 are in the center of the spool and are easy to grease. 2 are on either side and I have not been able to access them with the diff in situ; they are too close to the spar to get the grease gun fitting on. I was considering making a pipe adapter to allow greasing them in situ, but I ended up having to remove the diff this year and was able to access them that way.

I use Mobil 1 grease.

I give each one a few shots every other race weekend.

Here is a diagram:

http://www.autotech.com/quaife/downl...309201REV1.pdf
    I don't know if this will help, but you can buy 45 & 90 degree grease fittings to replace the straight ones.
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Liked: 7

Default FYI ~30% Quaife Clearance

Price adjustment since I initially checked AutoTech last June 2011

http://www.autotech.com/category/quaife-clearance.html

Mfg# QDH3Q now $1,059.00

Contributing Member
    Liked: 26

Gentlemen, thank you for your replies to my question. Very much appreciated!

Thread Information