Liked: 91

Default Sooo this will probably happen...right?

Liked: 91

Also, solid choice on the downgrade from F1000 Champ getting $25k to drive an FE car.

Liked: 3787

Cole,
    You stand a better chance if you have Carly make a 2 minute video and submit it.
    $125,000 is enough for you to win another championship in 2013.

http://eformulacarnews.com/news_info.php?n=11625

Liked: 23

You guys smell something?

Senior Member Franklin Futrelle's Avatar
    Liked: 6

I smell a sweet deal. Where is the 40-45 k dollar for the car and the 50-90 it will cost to run it coming from? Sponsors? Obama grant?

Franklin

Cole, do Rob and Al know what all has been going on with this cat Jon? I know they are both stand up guys in the racing world, i dont want them to get caught up in the poo poo slingin'.

Liked: 830

Seems pretty obvious to me. The $25k is a discount against the cost of renting and campaigning a car from the AS stable. The recipient will be responsible for coming up with the rest of the ???$K dollars required....
    Steve, FV80

Liked: 23

The F1000 series winner gets a piece of paper that says $25,000 on it. That piece of paper redeemable when you agree to pay ASR a total sum of $125,0000. to drive someone else's FE car in the National series prepared by ASR, JL, or whoever they "hire".

The question is, who's FE car did they "appropriate".

Am I getting this right?

Contributing Member Richard Dziak's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Here's the latest PRESS RELEASE from the promoter.

September 28, 2012 News

American Spirit Racing has announced that it will be awarding the champion of the 2012 Formula 1000 Championship Series a $25,000 scholarship towards a season in the National class of the 2013 Cooper Tires USF2000 Championship Powered by Mazda.

Florida-based American Spirit Racing will reward the inaugural F1000 Championship Series champion with a $25,000 prize, which can be used towards the cost of a full season with the squad in the National class - which features the Formula Enterprises car - of the upcoming 2013 USF2000 Championship.

“The F1000 Championship Series had its share of problems this year,” commented American Spirit Racing’s Team Manager. “But, we wanted to make sure the champion gets the greatest opportunity for advancement, and the USF2000 Championship is without a doubt the strongest junior open-wheel Series in North America. So, American Spirit Racing stepped up to the plate and has provided this additional award to the champion.”

Brandon Dixon, who recently captured his second SCCA Formula 1000 National Championship title, currently leads the F1000 Championship Series point standings after events at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park in Canada and VIRginia International Raceway. Fellow F1000 standout Glenn Cooper is second, and Jason Slahor is third.

The 2012 Formula 1000 Championship Series resumes on September 29-30, with Rounds Five and Six at Daytona International Speedway in Florida.

Information regarding American Spirit Racing’s USF2000 program can be viewed at http://www.f1kseries.citymax.com/f/2...R_USF20001.pdf
    Richard Dziak
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Former Phoenix F1K-07 F1000 #77 owner/driver
    email: sonewmexico@gmail.com

Liked: 99

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin Futrelle View Post
    I smell a sweet deal. Where is the 40-45 k dollar for the car and the 50-90 it will cost to run it coming from? Sponsors? Obama grant?

Franklin
    +1

25K?

-Nick

Contributing Member Richard Dziak's Avatar
    Liked: 3

The promoter will most likely lease an F2000 car from existing owner, then go out and promote the event, try to secure a driver who will pay big bucks to enter the series, driving a car that the event sponsor does not own.

The promoter tried doing this with the F1000 series that he organized. He offered to lease my Phoenix F1K.07 F1000 for $20,000 then use the car charging $65,000 to a driver to run the F1000 Championship Series for 2012. Then he stated he would return my F1000 in it's original condition after the series.

Of course I never fell for the lease deal with this promoter so it never happened. The promoter is doing the same deal in the World Challenge event to unsuspecting racers who really don't know what they are getting into. His price for the entry into World Challenge was $65,000. He iniatially asked for $25,000 down, then reduced the deposit to $5000 then told one prospective driver that if he would send $2000 by Sat 9-29-2012 via Western Union that he would be able to secure the ride in the World Challenge. (Just thought I'd add this to my post since I have spoken with the prospective racer who was offered this deal).

Very interesting that the press release in the above post no longer mentions specific names of who the ASR Team Mgr is.
    Last edited by Richard Dziak; 09.29.12 at 3:11 PM. Reason: added text
    Richard Dziak
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Former Phoenix F1K-07 F1000 #77 owner/driver
    email: sonewmexico@gmail.com

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Ya know...

They say "ALL Press is good Press", but I'm pretty sure this does not include this scenario...

Liked: 43

Does anybody know if he made it into Daytona this morning?

What F1000 cars were planning on attending even outside the series?

O i got ya. I read the press realese wrong.

I have a girft certificate for 10,000 to anyone who will sign up to race my specracer for 60,000 at all the SE SCCA nationals.

Liked: 151

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Davis View Post
    Seems pretty obvious to me. The $25k is a discount against the cost of renting and campaigning a car from the AS stable. The recipient will be responsible for coming up with the rest of the ???$K dollars required....
    Steve, FV80

I would say the more likely thing is that if someone should fall for the $25k discount thing, then they would send Jon Lewis a deposit, he would keep their money and they would never hear from him again. I believe that is how Jon Lewis and American Spirit racing normally do business.

Thread Information