Banned
    Liked: 2

Default 1996 Dallara-Opel F396

Good condition, well-maintained, new paint, new starter motor, new timing belt, new brakes (200 km's), new clutch (100 km's), engine and gearbox rebuilt at the same time both with 1,000 km's (620 miles) on it. New fire extinguisher, new gas tank, revised Koni dampers.

1 Rear Wing Main Plain
    1 Front Wing Assembly
    1 Front Wishbone
    Box of Gear Ratios
    Various Spare Parts

For Sale at $30,500 OBO
    Last edited by Canadian Formula 3 Championship; 01.24.13 at 1:41 AM.

Banned

Default More Pictures...

Another fine example of a cheap F3 car. You could have it in your garage in less than 3 weeks.

Banned

Default Price Bump...

...still For Sale, one of the forgotten ones in this list as it has grown, but still a very nice clean car. Everything new and/or revised with very low km's or miles on every major component, a good buy.

Banned

Default Sold!...Sold!...Sold!...

...but not in North America again God Dammit! This was a very nice, clean machine with very low mileage, only 620 miles on the engine and good for another 3,000 miles before rebuild!

Everything else on the car was very low mileage or brand new. This is the time to buy something for next season people. Smart people buy the clean Cherrypickers before Christmas, the Dummies get all the leftovers after the New Year.

Don't wait until mid-winter, don't let a good racecar and a good opportunity pass you by as you're sitting on your hands wondering when to pull the trigger, or you'll see the car you want go off to someone else, and then you'll be kicking yourself.

Liked: 0

Can you please advise how much did it go for ?

Banned

dallara 95/6 cars do not sell for much more than GBP10k race ready with fresh ish motor good condition car
    they are too old for UK F3 club racing and the chassis is narrow so if you are tall and chubby you cannot fit 95/6 cars with ease

i had 95 car raced once sold it as i was tight in the car
    i sold mine chassis rebuilt with mugen motor had 1 race win in 2005 for ?15k back then
    car sold 2 years ago for 12k
    then i raced 97 dallara which i then sold at the end of 05 this had more room in it
    then i raced 99-01 car and that had heaps more room

now i have 3 dallaras
    97/8 i raced last year
    99-01 i will probably race later this year
    05-07 car
    and all 3 are for sale and i will race whatever car is left

i see you are in Greece so you will have 1 of the cars left there since the end of greek F3 in 2002
    I have many spares for dallara cars 95-07 models wings bod wishbones uprights gearbox cases ratios

Preston, i hear what you say , and i agree it is very tight in there, switching gears swiftly sometimes is a problem; but in every site worldwide, including the Dallara site , these cars are being asked for 16 - 23,000 euro. our friend above had a "starting price" of 30k usd .. how do you explain this ?

I do indeed have one of these cars over here in Greece, with which i raced last time in 2004 . the car was kept in the garage ever since; her bodywork is very good considering the age, we also have stack datalogging fitted; but obviously, after 8 years of inactivity the whole car must be stripped down; most importantly the engine needs rebuilt, as there were anyway no miles left in it after that last race. if i remember correctly, this is a 1998-9 model mugen engine. Neil Brown asked me for 5000 GBP to rebuilt which, if you add the transportation costs back and forth to Greece is really not worth doing this way.
    we have a new set of pistons/rings , and the mechanics here are very skilled, so i guess if i decide to go ahead with this project, we re gonna rebuild the engine locally.
    btw since you ve had this type of car, is there any chance you have put down a procedure for dis-assembly and putting back together , that you could possibly share with me ?
    any valuable advise ?

Banned

Default F395 - F398 Prices...

Dmitri...this car was priced at $30,500 because that is what the owner in France wanted for it. In my own opinion, I think the car is grossly over-priced by $8,000 - $10,000. These cars should be sold in the low 20's maybe $21,000 (F395) - $25,000 (F398) maximum.

But this is a classic case of an owner whom thinks his car is worth gold...much more than it is actually worth. The other F397 here on Apex is the same case, as well as this other French F392; http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54542

And this is why no one has purchased these cars yet, (although this yellow one was sold but I don't know for how much?) With F300's now cracking under the $30,000 level for the first time, why not spend a few thousand more and get the larger next generation car.

Formula 3 cars are always cheaper in England. There are so many there, so many tuning shops to rebuild the engines or maintain cars for customers. If you can buy F395/396 for 10,000 GBP as Preston stated, then that is a very good price for that car in any other market.

Banned

I dont touch the engines i have engine builders do all my motor work
    it is better to send it to the engine builder he knows the parts to fit tolerances to work to and then runs it on dyno
    i never run a motor that has not been dyno run
    the car strip down rebuild is simple task just take lots of fotos of the car before you strip down and as you dismantle components
    Do you have the dallara parts and technical manual
    IF you are serious to race the car in UK better to ship the whole car over and i can sort it out for you
    we have 2 places to run these cars
    1 is MSVR Club F3 but you will be wasting your time as car is too old and 3 seconds per mile a lap slower than the newer generation cars

Monoposto is the better place to run the car just fit a 25 mm restrictor to airbox re map engine and lift the ride height up to 40 mm
    I can run the car for you along side my car or i can sell you my 97 car and run you in it

Thread Information