Thread: Mondo-Bondo

Liked: 1112

Default Mondo-Bondo

Combining the speed of FIR Main with very cool (and surprisingly fast if you get the rhythm right) technical parts of the Bondurant course should make for a great weekend Oct. 6th and 7th. Except for some fiberglass work I'm ready.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Liked: 0

Default Ready

With the fine technical assistance of Jenns, I will be at this one.

Ive never ran Firebird main, but spent 4 days in June ripping up the Bondurant part of the course. Should be fun.

Classifieds Super License marshall9's Avatar
    Liked: 501

Results?
    You all looked good yesterday morning in practice. It was nice to see everybody, and nice to meet you Tracy.
    M.

Default Results

I was slow. Tracy wasn't as fast as he wanted to be. Ed's motor shed pieces like a busted Pachinko machine. But on the whole we had a lot of fun. Good to see you there. Ken's planning to make the next event (something like 13 cars so far).
    Caldwell D9B - Sold

Default Perfect recap

Tim summed it up well except he wasn't slow! I would add that Jim seemed to be the fastest of the group, but was having overheating issues that I'm told are now solved. I won Saturday and Jenns Sunday. Ed's engine explosion on Sunday was a sight to see. There should be some gopro footage out there somewhere. All in all it was a blast. It was also nice to meet some of the guys that post on this site like Marshall and John.
    Last edited by Tracy Simmons; 10.11.12 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Adding to the post

Well, congrats Tracy ! Won your first race in the new car. I'll try and come and spend a little time at the next one, I think I am off work that Sunday. I have a credit with PASA for a day, and might drive my Cayman in the street car group.

Liked: 29

Quote Originally Posted by marshall9 View Post
    Well, congrats Tracy ! Won your first race in the new car. I'll try and come and spend a little time at the next one, I think I am off work that Sunday. I have a credit with PASA for a day, and might drive my Cayman in the street car group.
    Since I've still not my Reynard back together (lack of time & getting screwed by a supplier who didn't deliver when promised), let me know if you take the Cayman out - just might bring my SLK.
    John H.
    Reynard 88SF

Quote Originally Posted by azjc View Post
    Since I've still not my Reynard back together (lack of time & getting screwed by a supplier who didn't deliver when promised), let me know if you take the Cayman out - just might bring my SLK.
    We might be better served renting something from Enterprise and splitting the driving of it (Think BMW or Corvette) and spare the risk of putting our daily drivers and their engines in jeopardy........all the while gambling one American Dollar on the best lap time of the day.....lemme know if you are up for it.

Liked: 29

Quote Originally Posted by marshall9 View Post
    We might be better served renting something from Enterprise and splitting the driving of it (Think BMW or Corvette) and spare the risk of putting our daily drivers and their engines in jeopardy........all the while gambling one American Dollar on the best lap time of the day.....lemme know if you are up for it.
    Interesting idea... don't rental car companies have some sort of no race track use these days?
    John H.
    Reynard 88SF

Liked: 33

I should have stopped and said hi. I was helping my friend with his BMW E30, plus i might have been sporting a mild hangover earlier in the day.

I was wondering what do each of your cars look like? Color, sponsors etc so next time I can pick out the cool apexspeed guys over the "others."
    Chris Buccola track brat since 1986.
    Chicago Region- Corner Worker
    Spec Racer Ford Gen 2 #38

Well, I'd guess every one of us checks out ApexSpeed now and then. We also nearly all have our names on the sides of our cockpits. Come on over and chat. Then let Jens talk you into trying one of his rentals. Before you know it you'll be shopping for one of your own.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold

This would be me. Not sure about the cool part.

Stop in at the next race, we are a bunch of talkative guys.

Thread Information