Liked: 62

Default Summit Point Main - 10/13 & 10/14

Since no-one has started a thread for the last race, I figured I'd start one.

The last race of the year for the FRCCA is at Summit Point on the main track on October 13 /14. We are sharing the track with the WKC again. Should be lots of track time as usual.

Hopefully, everyone that had mechanical issues at NJMP have patched things back together in time to make the last race!

We'll wait for Andy to provide the official weather forecast, but I'm guessing lows in the 50s at night, and sunny and 75 during the day. Should be nice fall weather.

Liked: 0

I plan on being there. All the people that didn't go to NJMP last month cause of the chance of rain missed out on a whole lot of great racing and some really great weather! FC guys who may not have run with frcca recently come on out as we have had some great super competitive racing happening. See you there.
    Better to have raced for a day...
    than been a spectator for life!

Liked: 5

Default Summit

Finishing a number of repairs I should be there. Great racing in the FF1600 last time at the track. Hopefully we will get a similar turn out.

Liked: 8

Default Summit Point

I plan on being there for the final race weekend, Good chance my cousin will be as well and will race on the Tyro field using my old Caldwell.
    I almost made it to the last NJMP event but my blazer broke down while towing the race car just before halfway to the track and it took me a while to get it going again, by that time I decided to make a u-turn and headed home, big mistake.
    Roberto

Liked: 7

Default :)

I am planning on coming!

Jim

Five days away and a great fall forecast. Sunny both days with high of mid-60s on Saturday and mid-70s on Sunday. I finished putting everything back together this weekend after working on the setup since NJMP. We will see if I made it better or worse.

Last chance to run with the FRCCA this year so hopefully we will see a large turnout.

Liked: 10

i will be there in my Van Diemen.
    see ya there
    don

Don you have any vid you can post from NJMP?

Liked: 27

After 9 months of fighting off the effects of severe frostbite, in and out of 3 diff hospitals, 2 diff rehab centers and many doctor offices my father has finally succumbed to his injuries. The funeral is this week so I won't make this race either. I am looking forward to next season ! Hope you all have a good clean race. Pops
    God is my pilot, I'm just the loose nut behind the wheel !

Liked: 8

Default Condolense

Sorry to hear about your dad, Pops Chevy May he rest in peace.

Liked: 10

Default video

i have video but im not real bright with computers. i dont know how to get it off the go pro.

Pops- sorry to hear, sad day.

don

Quote Originally Posted by Pop Chevy View Post
    After 9 months of fighting off the effects of severe frostbite, in and out of 3 diff hospitals, 2 diff rehab centers and many doctor offices my father has finally succumbed to his injuries. The funeral is this week so I won't make this race either. I am looking forward to next season ! Hope you all have a good clean race. Pops

Very sorry to hear Pops. I wish you and your family all the best. We'll see you soon!

Quote Originally Posted by donnie b View Post
    i have video but im not real bright with computers. i dont know how to get it off the go pro.

Pops- sorry to hear, sad day.

don

I'll show you how at Summit pretty easy. I have to get vid from NJMP on youtube soon.

Gregg - Sorry to hear about your dad. Hopefully, we'll see you out next year. If the FC group grows at the same rate as this year, next year should be even better for the wings group.

Liked: 7

Sorry to Hear Pops.

I was hoping to race with you, it will be my first time in an FC, and you're responsible for my current addiction.....for letting me sit in your car a couple years ago.

How many FC's are we going to see?

Jim (The former FV guy)

It's a bit lonely out here in the camping area behind the paddock. Either I must be the most low budget racer in the club or the rest of you are smart enough to not tent with a forecasted temp of around 30 degF in the morning. I have the only wife who would rather crash in the tent at the track than pay for a hotel.

By the looks of the release sheet at the gate we should have a decent group but always welcome more. Still plenty of time come out and and race either on Saturday or Sunday. Registration can be done with Sue at the track. It's a pretty informal process.

Default Great Racing

For those of you who couldn't make the last race of the season, you missed great fall weather and lots of on-track action. Decent but not great fields, I think we had 14 or 15 CFs/FFs, and another 4 or 5 FCs. Certainly plenty of room for more next year.

It was an interesting weekend personally. Car ran horribly on Saturday morning. Andy managed to get it "better" by adjusting points and float, but still not good. Ended up in an incident in T1 in the Saturday qualifying race, that left me with one really bent rear rocker. Luckily had one with me, but I wasn't thinking far enough ahead, and didn't have any of the necessary bearings / bushings. Thanks again to Andy for helping me coax (beat) the ones out of the old rocker that had probably been in there for 30 years. Managed to find the engine problem on Sunday morning, when one of the exhaust headers broke completely off the flange. The crack must have been getting worse causing the stumbling, and miss under power. Thanks to AJ at Formula Haus for welding up the crack super quick to allow me to still make the next session. Car ran great for the 2 Sunday races. Driver made 2 mistakes (sorry Chris) on Sunday that I can't really blame the car for.

Managed to finish fourth on Saturday and third today.

I have decent (from the back of the pack) videos of Saturday's race, Sunday's qualifying race, and Sunday's main race. I'll post them in the next few days. My two mistakes (the big ones at least) will be obvious.

Thanks everyone for the help this year.

Thread Information