Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked: 444

^^^

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4346

Quote Originally Posted by starkejt View Post
    I'm thinking a Mini Formula Indy series would make a great feeder for Canadian F3.
    Maybe from here:
    http://www.ibeatyou.com/search/q/sombrero/t/e
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

Every C3PO thread is entertaining if nothing else.
    Steve Bamford

Contributing Member
    Liked: 47

Quote Originally Posted by robertkroll View Post
    Suppose for a moment that the chassis "X" was adopted in 4 categories of racing and all it required was an engine swap and the use of different tires. Rather than having so many cars for sale here, prep shops would be remanufacturing engines and dropping them in different vehicles over the winter.
    That's unlikely. Different categories are different power levels. Chassis are built specifically to accommodate a different power level, grip level, class goals, etc. The suspension geometry would be sufficiently different that I can't see this really working well.

Plus it just would be cheaper to have entirely different cars ready to go.

I applaud your vision, but think small at this stage. Once you actually get started, then start thinking big!

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Lane View Post
    I hope you didn't run out of gas.....

Well, I for one have benefitted from Mark's posts. I am the proud owner of a Mexican Mariachi Sombrero shady hat. Complete with an adjustable chin strap so you can wear it hanging there on the back of your neck, still providing shade there. I managed to get my schedule changed, so I will be competing at Sebring next month. Any one interested in one of these should stop by and check it out....

Back to the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    The fact remains that a kid growing up in Europe or South America has a more defined and planned path to greatness than we can offer the kids here in America.

Then, why oh why is the F2kCS and F1600CS full of drivers from South America, Europe, and Austrailia?
    I have 3 technicians that work for me that come from other countries (2 from Equador and one from Brazil). Our economy is very inviting for them right now (and has been for the past several years). In fact there was just a good article in a local newspaper about the brazilian invasion of florida (Tourist invasion). You can probably google it and get the details. I would guess that all in ( transportation, lodging, logistics, etc ), it may make financial sense. For my business, it is cheaper for me to fly to europe, purchase materials and have them shipped back to the united states. The global economy favors people with offshore vision.

When I was in engineering school (too many years ago), american students were outnumbered 3:1 by foreign students. Is this a function of the quality of our schools or a reduced cost, or plainly a higher education standard abroad...I do not know.

I have to say, this thread has been both informative and I have gotten several good laughs (thanks to the sombrero's). If you guys are half the fun in the pits, I am looking forward to knocking bottles this summer.

Regards,
    -BoB

Contributing Member a. pettipas's Avatar
    Liked: 84

Quote Originally Posted by a. pettipas View Post
    Sombrero sales/rental, relative to same for F3, has a far greater chance to succeed in NA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Formula 3 Championship View Post
    ask your NS neighbors Ingo and Lucas about Sombrero sales figures, then come talk to me.
    So up the stakes and pack the shipping boxes with sombreros and the yayo, then come talk to me... a proven commercial enterprise that will pave the way to a European F3 season, several keys at a time.
    aaron

Contributing Member

Default RE Competitive racing

Hi Robert

My two cents worth , if I had the budget I would definitely be running in either the F2KCS ( F2000 ) or the FF (F1600 ) series run by Mike Rand in the east . With good car counts , there is very competitive racing through out the field no matter what level of expertise you race at. Another good thing about having a F2000 or a F1600 you are not limited to just racing within the serie you can run SCCA regional or national events , therefore you can ausually get lots of track time ( practice ) .
    The cars are reasonably priced ( what looks like a very good Zetec just sold and was listed at 31,000 , these cars hold there value quite well also )
    The series is very well run and I think you will find the comradery is second to none with the organizers and the competitors.
    Also they run an Atlantic series so there is the oppurtunity to move up if so desired.
    You can check out lots of races on you tube for both of these series just to see how competitive it really is.

Cheers

Tim

Liked: 95

Default Mr. Kroll's post

Enjoyed reading your well written post. What I take away from your fragmentation engine swap idea is that the business model concept is broken. What you have described to me I interpret as the Nascar business model. Arca is old model Nationwide-is old model Cup car etc. Loosely compared. Far be it for me but IMHO the Nascar model has and will be more successful than the SCCA's with what are we up to 29 run groups or something. True it is our club but most of us have given up trying to move a stone when the predominant sense is it will be in vain.
    Pick the type of car that gives you that thrill and try and ignore the negatives. Keep posting I enjoyed your coherent and well written post
    JIM (2006 GLC CFC Champion)

Banned

When I was in engineering school (too many years ago), american students were outnumbered 3:1 by foreign students. Is this a function of the quality of our schools or a reduced cost, or plainly a higher education standard abroad...I do not know.
    I think you will find its a bit of everything
    1 the cost of living in usa is perceived to better VFM & quality for many living in other countries i.e. cheaper rent / get better quality apartment or house cheaper fuel cheaper food
    2 The foreign student also learns English
    3 Its well known the usa kids have to stay at school longer.
    I left school to go to work at 16 as did many others as further education was not a "Must do" we also had apprenticeships back then. Now kids go on to further education to stay away from getting a job & go to Uni get a degree and get a job that has nothing to do with what they studied!!

Back to motorsport
    IF you live in USA then Ff1600 FF2000 makes sense to go and race in as its well supported locally and state wise however IF you just want a nice car to drive race in run whatcha brung events then a modern F3 car is a joy and far superior car to tube frame VD mygale etc
    I have 2 F3 cars 3 FFords i enjoy them all but if mummy had to take my toys away i think i would cry more if the F3 car was taken away BUT the FFord is easier / cheaper to maintain
    I can only say its blondes or brunettes you make your own choice (personally i avoid blondes too much trouble) its as usual down to money and where you live no point having a car you cant get to run at the local tracks

Quote Originally Posted by TIM CLOWATER View Post
    Hi Robert

My two cents worth , if I had the budget I would definitely be running in either the F2KCS ( F2000 ) or the FF (F1600 ) series run by Mike Rand in the east . With good car counts , there is very competitive racing through out the field no matter what level of expertise you race at. Another good thing about having a F2000 or a F1600 you are not limited to just racing within the serie you can run SCCA regional or national events , therefore you can ausually get lots of track time ( practice ) .
    The cars are reasonably priced ( what looks like a very good Zetec just sold and was listed at 31,000 , these cars hold there value quite well also )
    The series is very well run and I think you will find the comradery is second to none with the organizers and the competitors.
    Also they run an Atlantic series so there is the oppurtunity to move up if so desired.
    You can check out lots of races on you tube for both of these series just to see how competitive it really is.

Cheers

Tim
    Thanks Tim, I spoke with GAR the other evening and be mentioned the same thing. If I understand it correctly, the FE is also eligible to run with the f2k (please correct me if I am wrong). I am actually going to take him to lunch and pick his brain a bit...maybe next week.

A wealth of great info, thanks again.

-BoB

Quote Originally Posted by Westroc View Post
    Enjoyed reading your well written post. What I take away from your fragmentation engine swap idea is that the business model concept is broken. What you have described to me I interpret as the Nascar business model. Arca is old model Nationwide-is old model Cup car etc. Loosely compared. Far be it for me but IMHO the Nascar model has and will be more successful than the SCCA's with what are we up to 29 run groups or something. True it is our club but most of us have given up trying to move a stone when the predominant sense is it will be in vain.
    Pick the type of car that gives you that thrill and try and ignore the negatives. Keep posting I enjoyed your coherent and well written post
    Thank you for the compliment and information. This is all so much fun, its like kissing a new girl for the first time. Can't wait to get on the track again.

Also can't wait for my new sombrero (I went mail order) ;-)

-BoB

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TIM CLOWATER View Post
    Also they run an Atlantic series
    Not any longer.

Liked: 53

Thanks Tim, I spoke with GAR the other evening and be mentioned the same thing. If I understand it correctly, the FE is also eligible to run with the f2k (please correct me if I am wrong). I am actually going to take him to lunch and pick his brain a bit...maybe next week.

A wealth of great info, thanks again.

-BoB
    In USF2000 not F2000 Championship Series, but yes close
    Group-A Racing
    Blue Marble Cocktails Radical Cup & Exclusive North East Radical Sports Car Dealer
    (631) 974-4379
    www.GroupARacingTeam.com

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GAR View Post
    In USF2000 not F2000 Championship Series, but yes close
    But it wouldn't be competitive anyway.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information