Liked: 2

Default sudden explosive growth for fb!

Well, at least a start on growth. Here's the deal. The Shadow Beverage Group has offered to edit an F1000 promotional video. All they need is the raw footage... and this would come from everyone who might have it -- which probably means a lot of you.

This kind of promotional video would be fantastic for FB. For viral distribution, for distribution to potential sponsors, for distribution to your friends and relatives who just don't understand. Seriously this really would be a very good thing... something that might pay off in many unforseen and unexpected ways.

So how might we organize a drive to get this kind of footage to the generous people at Shadow?

Below is Shadow's very kind offer:

Shadow Beverage Group, Ltd.

We would be happy to put it together if you send us the content, We will try to get some additional footage from the runoffs. Feel free to contact us to make arrangements for the content.

So. What a deal! Let's take good advantage of it. Anyone who has any ideas on how to energize this little war-effort film drive, please give it voice!

Regards,

Chris

Liked: 4

Default just tell me where

I have really great footage of the whole race from the Phoenix car driven by Phil DeLaO at the ARRC race in Atlanta.....he started 3rd, dropped back to 5th and battled back to 2nd.......great footage for your ProMo video.
    So tell me how and where to send it.

Liked: 0

Default send it to

shadow beverage group at gmail . com

Remove the spaces.

Liked: 80

Video footage has the potential for being very large - hundreds of MB to Gigabytes in size, especially if it is raw footage.

That means that gmail won't really work that well to get the files to Shadow - we should use something like FTP that is made for large file transfers. If nobody else has something immediately available, I can volunteer my webserver for FTP space.

Alternately, if anybody has footage that they'd like included, who will be at Runoffs, I'm also in Denver where Shadow Beverage seems to be from. So, if you can put video on a USB stick or similar, I can copy it onto a laptop and bring back to Denver for a transfer at some point.

-Jake

Liked: 66

Default I have some video as well

but the files are way too large for email.

Do you have an internet-facing server I can send them to?

Thanks very much, and thank you Chris for making it happen.

Liked: 66

Default timing is everything

Jake, you beat me to the punch.

We'll see if your idea resonates and go from there.

Liked: 2

Default This is great, guys!

The ball appears to be rolling.

And again, a well-done video might do wonders for F1000 in many unforeseen ways.

Cool, Jake -- cool Shadow!

Now please everybody, just send in those digits!

Best regards,

Chris

Liked: 80

OK, I'll volunteer my web server as the FTP upload point.

Everybody out there that would like to contribute video, I'll aggregate it and make arrangements with Shadow to get the video to them here in Denver.

Uploading works, or like I said, I'll be able to grab a lot of it from folks at Runoffs.

John, Coop, Brandon, Wren, I'm looking at you...and tapping my foot...

e-mail me for the FTP information - don't want to post that here. It's a 100ish meg connection, so hopefully transfer speeds will be acceptable.

jake.latham@gmail.com

Should be fun!

-Jake

Thread Information