Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Banned
    Liked: 1116

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    I think he mis-stated the word Support, with the word Fleeced.
    Sounds like somebody's a D.R. Fan.....

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Lane View Post
    I have to stand up for Tom on this one. He shows up for a regional that he normally shows up for anyways, He refuses to get involved in Jon Lewis's dog and pony show, and gets a couple of sets of goodyears that nobody really wanted.

Tom nixed Coop's track record, with a very generic car with a manual shifter by his own design- not a paddle, etc.

Fraud can definitely be proven here- I think. Anyone involved should go that direction. Unleash the lawyers- do your homework.

Just remember when the dust settles, I follow the path and respect the determination of guys like Brandon, Mike B, Dan, Juan,. JRO..... did I miss anyone? Yeah- Tom, and a bunch of others.
    First off congrats to Tom for besting the existing FB lap record.
    What exactly is the new record?

In the interest of keeping "The Record" straight (!)...

The new record was set on the new pavement, not the old stuff I ran on 4 years ago, in the NovaDiemen, which had a manual paddle, not the RFR w/ Geartronics...

Record is now straight, back to the regularly scheduled **** storm.

Liked: 14

I tried shifting with the cable paddles once and reminded me of a 1985 shifter KaliKart(now CRG), I was like wow wow this is not why I bought an FB, certainly sticky numb feeling so i went with 14 pounds extra for electronics that fail all the time.

I wonder what an attorney who has a racing background (LaRue) thinks of this or what his public advice/consultation to the drivers, teams and families affected by this would be. Someone could get to this guy Lewis, SCCA was involved enough to market Lewis, is the SCCA big/responsible enough to defend its members from fraud, I'm not saying the SCCA is bad for sitting back and watching. I vote for Topeka to investigate and move towards civil action immediately. Lewis is again, trying to sell the public his fraudulent ways, the latest bait with the FE/National pitch.

Back in April I was advised about Lewis taking the "keys" to a formula 1000 car and not returning it, actually sold it.... I dont know who was affected by this or who actually bought the car from Lewis. Back then, when the series was taking off, there is no way I was gonna write this here and be shunned by my peers, possibly banned.

I really doubt Lewis will stop, this is what he does for a living. Some of his delusions and lies are well documented here. There is enough information, evidence and parties involved Lewis cannot lie in court. Then again, what does the SOB have to lose?? couple canopies and some sunglasses to hide behind, oh wait he has tire certificates and he was giving them away to regional racers. Suspend the guy's license ok, then make an effort to not let him through the gates at any automotive racing event in the US, Canada or the Islands. Send the France family a letter about this creepo, so they too know, hahah, 'never know, they might just splurge and buy the Club

Marchand Juan R

Liked: 23

The new record was set on the new pavement, not the old stuff I ran on 4 years ago, in the NovaDiemen, which had a manual paddle, not the RFR w/ Geartronics...

My apologies Coop, totally overlooked the pavement thing.

On the other subject- Other than National numbers, I don't have a dog in this fight. I have, however, worked for a guy like this early in my career. This guy wrote bogus checks to his employees for years, ripped off customers almost daily(one disgruntled guy almost killed me), etc, etc. All the while, he would look at you straight in the face as if he wasn't doing anything wrong. For that, I can't help but comment on what I am seeing.

Liked: 444

Default Track record

Did they repave the whole track or just the oval?
    Last edited by BURKY; 10.03.12 at 4:06 PM. Reason: spelling

Liked: 7

Quote Originally Posted by JRMarchand View Post

Back in April I was advised about Lewis taking the "keys" to a formula 1000 car and not returning it, actually sold it.... I dont know who was affected by this or who actually bought the car from Lewis...
    Marchand Juan R
    KenT.
    TeamRacer, who recently listed it FS:
    http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54327

Liked: 6

Brett, Dan, Wren- thanks for your support. I don’t feel as guilty now with my tire windfall from last weekend after hearing that you guys aren’t looking at me (and Jason) like some scab breaking a picket line.

Brett, the beer’s on me at Sebring buddy. Ok… anyone else too… even you, JP.

I think that it is important to remember that ALL F1000 drivers, owners, builders, crew, suppliers, and sponsors, whether entered in the series or not, have been negatively impacted by this mess. A lot of people took significant financial hits and the rest of us have or will suffer over the fallout from the bad press, the drama and resulting reduced class participation. Luckily the 2.5 rule was suspended this year because obviously we didn’t make the numbers . For all of us that didn’t get financially ripped off, Mike B.’s reconstituted Mystt Formula 1000 Series and a healthy West Coast F1000 Pro Series is a fantastic start to start rebuilding the positive interest and participation for the class. For all who are owed money, I really hope that somehow you are made whole again. I am not a lawyer and didn’t stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night but , as long time Florida business owner who has had to go after more than a few deadbeat customers in this state, I don’t hold out much hope that anything will be recovered. It’s not too tough to get a judgment here but to actually collect on it is another matter, especially if there are no assets to go after. One thing is for sure... there is only one direction the fingers should point to as the cause of this mess and it is not in the direction towards any F1000 competitor, supplier or sponsor.

As for the track record …my fastest race lap was a 155.178. That was done without getting a draft off anyone. My motor, taken from a wrecked bike, has been in the car for 2 years (12 weekends). The weather was typical Florida September at about 90 and humid. If someone is able to catch a couple of drafts down the back and front straights, it wouldn’t surprise me to get into the 153’s if the weather is right, so I don’t think this time will hold up for long. I believe that Coop’s race record was a 155.56 with a qualifier at 155.336 done on a nice cool (80ish) dry Spring day. Oh, and just the oval was repaved in 2010. The infield and chicane is the same slippery thing as in 2009. It was last repaved in 2005.

Now, back on topic …and the documenting of the rip-offs that occurred so others may be warned.

Thanks,

Tom

Liked: 84

Quote Originally Posted by tombeattie View Post
    Brett, the beer’s on me at Sebring buddy. Ok… anyone else too… even you, JP.
    I owe you a beer for raiding your trailer last time! congrats on your win and track record, you da man!

Liked: 6

Default Guess What?

I just looked up the Formula 1000 Championship Series Inc. listing from the State corporate records and saw that the corporation is now "inactive" and was administratively dissolved as of 9/28/12. I guess he didn't pay the State fees either.

Also, the f1000champ.com website has been taken down.

I am not surprised,but that didn't take long.....

Tom

Heterochromic Papillae starkejt's Avatar
    Liked: 3

If you look, you will find a slew of corporations and LLCs he has started that made it about a year before dissolution. He'll start another one with a similar name using a box address at a Mailboxes, Etc. type place.

Liked: 0

Also, the f1000champ.com website has been taken down.
    Jon's moved on to: http://www.f1000.co/american_spirit_racing.html

Also has created a Facebook Page at:
    https://www.facebook.com/jon.lewis.545

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by starkejt View Post
    If you look, you will find a slew of corporations and LLCs he has started that made it about a year before dissolution. He'll start another one with a similar name using a box address at a Mailboxes, Etc. type place.
    Yep, too often just a slightly different demographic and you get a whole bag of new marks.

Liked: 30

Default Driver Management-Ha

"No one gets to the top on talent alone. Even Michael Schmacher probably wouldn’t have had the opportunity to become the seven-time Formula 1 World Champion without his manager Willi Weber opening the right doors for him. Now, we don’t claim to be a Willi Weber, but our 25 years in the motorsports industry enables us to make inroads to the right people in order to further your career."

"As stated earlier, auto racing takes money, but you’ve also got to have talent. American Spirit Racing is not a driver coach, physical therapist or nutritionist. There are several extremely qualified people in that arena and if you don’t already have one, we can introduce you to some of the best in the business. American Spirit Racing is a Driver Management and representation company. We manage driver contracts, arrange introductions and tests, procure and manage sponsorship contracts, entertain important guests, manage our driver’s social media campaigns and public relations, arrange public and media related appearances, and manage our driver’s career both on and off the track."

"Choosing the correct road in your career is also important. In the lower ranks of auto racing, you don’t want to spend time and money in the wrong series. American Spirit Racing will guide you through the maze of series out there to pick the right road for the advancement of your career.

Not just any driver gets to be represented by American Spirit Racing. Money alone will not get you there. We will only represent drivers who have talent. Without talent, we’re wasting both time and money. You have to have the drive, dedication and personality to persevere and attract fans and sponsors. We’re not looking to represent drivers for just a couple seasons. We’re looking at career-long representation. We don’t make our money at the lower levels of the sport. We make it when our drivers get into the big leagues and sign multi-year, multi-million dollar contracts."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by allof6 View Post
    We don’t make our money at the lower levels of the sport. We make it when our drivers get into the big leagues and sign multi-year, multi-million dollar contracts."
    References please....

Liked: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl DeArman View Post
    References please....
    http://www.f1000.co/driver_management.html

Liked: 43

But all you need is $50 cash to start your account. You wave cash in front of him and he wont refuse it. He'll work something out for the level program you can afford.

Liked: 1432

Multi year, multi million? Are you forking kidding me? It's not 1990 anymore...NASCAR. goons don't even get that very often. Please.....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl DeArman View Post
    References please....
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleyjb View Post
    I meant "references" as in more than one person that has signed a multi-year, multi-million sponsorship package with the guidance of Jon Lewis....you know how he claims to make his money.

Default And you

notice that there is no reference to the World Challenge team he was proposing

Liked: 151

Quote Originally Posted by allof6 View Post
    notice that there is no reference to the World Challenge team he was proposing

I hope that means that some of the complaining to the SCCA about Jon has paid off. The presentation is still up on his website though.

Does anyone remember that we were supposed to be able to drop two races from the series for the year end points championship?

I guess that didn't happen either.

Not dropping the points means that Brandon won't get to use that $25k toward running USF2000 with Jon and American Spirit racing next year. This is a catastrophe.

I do like that there was this one last FU before everything disappeared. It just feels right.

Well Wren , at this stage there was no chance in hell he was giving you the watch. I figured thats why he cancelled VIR just to make sure you guys couldnt show back up. He got the champion he wanted. This is not intended to be a dig at Jason in any way. Jason was just going racing.
    Kevin Firlein Autosport,Inc.
    Runoffs 1 Gold 3 Silver 3 bronze, 8 Divisional , 6 Regional Champs , 3x Drivers of the year awards

So you think he took it personally that I pointed out how he was a thief and a liar and how I am trying to make sure that the information on what kind of person he is and how he does business is available to everyone to keep him from stealing other people's money?

Weird, I would not have expected that.

yeah I mean where is his sense of humor. hmmppff.
    Runoffs 1 Gold 3 Silver 3 bronze, 8 Divisional , 6 Regional Champs , 3x Drivers of the year awards

I just got off the phone with Jon Lewis. He said he's coming for you Wren. He want's to wrestle.

actually if you want to have some real fun, file an official protest with SCCA Pro over how the championship was decided. If the rules called for 2 drops and it was decided w/oo taking drops into effect they would have to rule in yours and Brandons favor. Plus it would really stir it up with SCCA which would also serve the purpose of letting them know what a clown this guy is.

Contributing Member Richard Dziak's Avatar

What's important is that we all know who the "real" F1000 SCCA National Champion was for 2012.

Brandon Dixon

If the other Champion really feels that he was the F1000 National Champion, he could
    keep his award. However, if the other Champion really realizes that Brandon Dixon was the "real" F1000 National Champion, then he should forfeit the award, and pass it on the "real" Champion Brandon Dixon. It would be the "honorable" thing to do for the class and sport.

But then again. the "real" Champion and crew may not want to even wear the watch(s) since they know where and whom it came from.

The only credible National Champion in F1000 has to be Brandon Dixon as he earned the title under the "real" SCCA national events, and rules.

The idea of having 2 crowned F1000 National Champions for 2012 only creates a loss of credibility to the class and the sport. In any sport there can only be one Champion, perhaps unless it's boxing under the old rules.
    Richard Dziak
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Former Phoenix F1K-07 F1000 #77 owner/driver
    email: sonewmexico@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Dziak View Post
    What's important is that we all know who the "real" F1000 SCCA National Champion was for 2012.

Brandon Dixon

If the other Champion really feels that he was the F1000 National Champion, he could
    keep his award. However, if the other Champion really realizes that Brandon Dixon was the "real" F1000 National Champion, then he should forfeit the award, and pass it on the "real" Champion Brandon Dixon. It would be the "honorable" thing to do for the class and sport.

But then again. the "real" Champion and crew may not want to even wear the watch(s) since they know where and whom it came from.

The only credible National Champion in F1000 has to be Brandon Dixon as he earned the title under the "real" SCCA national events, and rules.

The idea of having 2 crowned F1000 National Champions for 2012 only creates a loss of credibility to the class and the sport. In any sport there can only be one Champion, perhaps unless it's boxing under the old rules.
    are you sure? jon lewis told me that I was champion. All I had to do was send him a twenty spot. Sounded weird since I didn't enter any of the races.....

Contributing Member Brandon Dixon's Avatar
    Liked: 127

Thank you, but really not necessary. Jon Lewis is the problem, not the Slahors.

I've got a couple of more things that everyone needs to know about Jon, but I'm waiting to be given the "OK" to tell everyone. No big suprises, just more absolute proof that Jon wasn't telling the truth.

Heterochromic Papillae starkejt's Avatar

It's ok. Tell everyone.

I agree with Josh , its all good no one looking you can tell us.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinFirlein View Post
    actually if you want to have some real fun, file an official protest with SCCA Pro over how the championship was decided. If the rules called for 2 drops and it was decided w/oo taking drops into effect they would have to rule in yours and Brandons favor. Plus it would really stir it up with SCCA which would also serve the purpose of letting them know what a clown this guy is.
    SCCA knows what a clown Jon Lewis is. He owes them a lot of money too.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Dixon View Post
    Jon Lewis is the problem, not the Slahors.
    This.

The Slahors were just salvaging what they could of their prepaid entries. Remember that everyone who prepaid entries, paid when entry fees were $1200/weekend. Now it looks like no one will even get regional entry fees out of this guy.

Liked: 1870

It would be interesting to see what sort of reaction there would be if his dealings were documented and sent on to all of the sanctioning bodies.

Could be a bit of a legal hassle, though.

Liked: 23

Quote Originally Posted by R. Pare View Post
    It would be interesting to see what sort of reaction there would be if his dealings were documented and sent on to all of the sanctioning bodies.

Could be a bit of a legal hassle, though.
    Then hire an attorney. Everyone that got screwed in this deal could all pitch in just to see where they stand. Then, at least get a judgement against him and send a copy of that to every sanctioning body in the U.S, Canada, and Europe, if it compells you guys to do it.

While you're talking to guys over there, find out which Formula Renault team offered their car up for a test drive.....

Anyone that lives in Florida has an avenue for recourse if they have been taken and suffered a monetary loss from ASR or the promoter of the F1000 Championship Series.

No attorney needed and that is the Florida Small Claims Court. Recovery limit is $5000 and easy to file the claim with the court. Costs to file are very inexpensive. Petitioner or Plaintiff must prove that he was damaged due to a "Prepondence of the Evidence", which would most likely be easy to prove in this situation. If judgment is awarded, and the promoter cannot pay, it would not be unusal for the winning Plaintiff/Petitioner to place a lien against the assets of one's business or personal property for recovery. The lien will always remain attached to the assets, and when assets are sold in the future, the defendent (in this case the promoter) would be forced to pay the judgment rendered against him.

Just a thought, it's a inexpensive way to collect on a legal claim in a matter that is easy to do. You may represent yourself in the claims action.

If defendent (promoter) does not appear for the hearing, the judge will issue a "default judgment" against the defendent. Good possiblity the promoter may not show up in this situation since he likes to run and hide.

http://www.floridabar.org/TFB/TFBRes...df?OpenElement

http://www.flcourts.org/gen_public/f...llclaims.shtml
    Last edited by Richard Dziak; 10.06.12 at 11:47 AM.
    Richard Dziak
    Las Cruces, New Mexico

While you're talking to guys over there, find out which Formula Renault team offered their car up for a test drive.....
    If Iam not mistaken its a driving experience much like the Petty deal. Not sure if an actual team is involved.
    Could be wrong though.

Liked: 7

Default Jon Lewis' Corporate Shells are likely Judgement Proof

What attachable assets remain behind at this point?

Rick

Liked: 1870

Then hire an attorney. Everyone that got screwed in this deal could all pitch in just to see where they stand. Then, at least get a judgement against him and send a copy of that to every sanctioning body in the U.S, Canada, and Europe, if it compels you guys to do it.
    What I see as a sticking point is proving everything that is alleged - it needs to be solid enough so that you cannot be sued for libel if you send the list of allegations out to the sanctioning bodies. Big differences in legal liability potential between making accusation in a court verses making them in public, I'd think - and the libel laws in Europe are a lot harder to beat than over here.

Deleted
    Last edited by Richard Dziak; 10.06.12 at 7:52 PM.
    Richard Dziak
    Las Cruces, New Mexico

is this old from last year.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information