Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked: 7

Default READ: American Spirit Racing & Jon Lewis

Was looking at the F1000champ site and Jon can't pay his prize money but now all of a sudden he has a world challenge and grad-am team getting ready for next year. Simply amazing.

Jerry

Default I looked, but found nada

Can you provide a link to that info?

Thanks

Default Gone!

It was right beside the forum tab at the top right of the homepage. Now it's not there anymore. Didn't take long to remove that info.

Jerry

Default Virtual Promotions

Here today

Gone tomorrow

Liked: 151

I saw it on there yesterday also. It said that American Spirit racing I assumed that was the next thing that he is going to take people's money with. Since this whole thing fell apart he has been saying "If there is not a series, then no one is going to get any money." It certainly doesn't look like there will be a series next year.

I just hope that this has brought some light to Jon Lewis and his business dealings. At the beginning of the F1KCS thing I did some googling on his name and didn't come up with a whole lot. Now at least when anyone in the future is doing research on Jon Lewis, American Spirit Racing, or anything to do with this guy, they should be able to find the information here about him. Hopefully that keeps anyone else from losing money to this dirtbag. It's time for him to find a new line of work.

Liked: 309

Whoa...and here I was thinking maybe someone was reviving A-Sports Racer racing.
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Liked: 157

If you Google "American Spirit racing" grand am 2013 (with the quotes around ASR), you will pull up a search page with partial descriptions from the F100champ.com website that are no longer valid pages:

Ready to bring the World Challenge and Grand-Am titles home in 2013. American Spirit Racing's 25 year history of race winning operations brings a new power ...

2013 Pirelli World Challenge Series. • 2013 Grand-Am Total Showcase Series. • Mazda 2 prepared by American Spirit Racing. • Experienced professional ...

American Spirit Racing to run B-Spec in 2013 ... hiatus to enter two cars in both the 2013 Grand-Am Total Performance Showcase and Pirelli World Challenge.

Liked: 52

Default For those interested...

You can still view the cached versions of the pages, even though they have been removed from the current website.
    Tim Pierce - #81
    2018 JDR F-1000
    www.area81racing.com

Liked: 0

You know, I've been watching this whole F1KCS thing from the periphery, wondering if I should hop into F1000. I'll be honest, all the uncertainty about that series...well. Let's just say that I'm not interested in doing regional races with 1 or 2 other F1000's.

It sucks that the thing imploded, because honestly, F1000 still looks like the cheapest way to go stupid-fast. Well, outside of shifter karts, or something.

Liked: 3787

You should buy a good FB. Then email Coop. Find out what races he is entering. Enter those races. You'll have plenty of competition. There are a good number of cars in the SE.

Liked: 702

Quote Originally Posted by Cblough View Post
    Let's just say that I'm not interested in doing regional races with 1 or 2 other F1000's..
    Then don't. Run Nationals. There are 15 F1000s registered for the Runoffs. I'm cautiously optimistic we'll have similar fields at several key races next year. Heed the Frog's advice.
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

www.gyrodynamics.net

This is a bit off topic, but you may only see a couple other FBs in regionals at VIR. My teammate and I usually go to support the region and gain less expensive regional track time. We also raced regionals at VIR against Mike Quinn (Stohr) and another competitor who has since sold her car. Chris Crowe and Brandon Dixon showed up at the Oak Tree Double National this year, so we had four. We raced against Pete Frost (Phoenix) regularly at Roebling and CMP. We also raced against Charles Dempsey (Stohr) at Roebling and Road Atlanta. Hunter Cestoni raced what I recall was a rental Phoenix at Road Atlanta as well. There are several FBs in Florida and a few that usually show up at NJMP. If there is no pro series next year then participation at the regionals and nationals is sure to increase.

There are still plenty FAs and a few FEs that give us a good race in the Southeast (with the exception of Brandon and Glenn), in the absence of in class competition. Get to a few nationals and you'll have plenty of guys to run with at the runoffs. And, yes, I also recruit for the class.
    Tim Pierce - #81
    2018 JDR F-1000
    www.area81racing.com

Senior Member Franklin Futrelle's Avatar
    Liked: 6

In addition, we have developed a program for investor/members who wish to participate as owners and receive a large return on their investment.”

A quote from an ASR release.

A large return for investing in the gt3 cup?

Liked: 11

Default Yep, FB still has momentum (Despite the F1KCS debacle)

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    There are a good number of cars in the SE.
    6 - F1000's have qualified for the upcoming SEDIV SARRC @ Roebling Rd. SIC race, so it should be a barn-burner for FB's.

We should have a great turnout for the ARRC also.
    Last edited by Revs2-12k; 09.18.12 at 6:34 AM. Reason: SIC Qualified FB's
    Working hard to enhance my Carbon Fiber footprint....
    2011 Stohr F1000
    www.Area81Racing.com

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Well then

It sounds like a great time to pay a visit to the B Spec and Grand Am forums...

Liked: 43

American Spirit Racing to run B-Spec in 2013 ... hiatus to enter two cars in both the 2013 Grand-Am Total Performance Showcase and Pirelli World Challenge.[/quote]

He's probably telling Suzuki that he will run the F1000 series pace car that was given to him to use just to have to not return it. He's probably using it as a daily driver too. I wonder how many house payments he has made with the F1000champ series money...

Liked: 43

On second thought ha probably hasn't made any house payments with the money. That would involve a payment to somebody.

Default Far reaching effects

The Series "Staff" page has been gone for a while now.

Sure us racers want our due rewards, but I hope George D. & Pete A. and the Speedcast TV guys have not been hurt financially in this thing.
    2011 Stohr F1000
    www.Area81Racing.com

Quote Originally Posted by Revs2-12k View Post
    Sure us racers want our due rewards, but I hope George D. & Pete A. and the Speedcast TV guys have not been hurt financially in this thing.
    I don't think that there is anyone who touched this who was not hurt financially, except for Jon Lewis.

I think Jon Lewis actually made out with a reasonable amount of money from all of this. I do not know of a single person/entity that was actually paid by him so I don't know what his expenses would have been other than those cheesy shirts for the series staff and gas to drive to the two events. He took in all of those series registration fees, entry fees, and some sponsorship money.

I'm really surprised that there are still people willing to go to Daytona to support this guy.

Liked: 84

who the hell is going to Daytona to support this guy?? is that a joke?

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin Futrelle View Post
    In addition, we have developed a program for investor/members who wish to participate as owners and receive a large return on their investment.”

A quote from an ASR release.

A large return for investing in the gt3 cup?
    He didn't say anything about that return being financial in nature.

...maybe they just want new tires.

I hope I don't get ridiculed for being at VIR and RdAtl. We were going to be there anyway.
    Tim Pierce - #81
    2018 JDR F-1000
    www.area81racing.com

Default ditto

Ditto,

NCR's Goblins Go is one of the best times of the year at VIR.

Looking forward to a large FB turnout at the ARRC.
    2011 Stohr F1000
    www.Area81Racing.com

Beattie isn't going to participate so I guess it's just that one guy. Wonder what he wins?

Quote Originally Posted by Zcurves View Post

I hope I don't get ridiculed for being at VIR and RdAtl. We were going to be there anyway.
    You don't need to join his race you can still run the scca race. Run Hoosiers they are better anyway

Liked: 2

I read the original posting on his site. I noticed it as I was heading over to read all the cool stuff on his forum. The gist is he is offering a full year B spec run with probable drivers listed as Robbie Pecorari and Alex Mayer, to name a couple. There are some adds posted on other sites as well.

http://www.f1000champ.com/f/2013_ASR...pportunity.pdf
    http://www.world-challenge.com/serie...%20Classifieds
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us
    Ken

I wonder if SCCA Pro will allow him entry to their events? I believe he owes them a substantial amount of money.

I can't believe that anyone who saw the F1KCS debacle would be willing to do business with this guy again.

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    I can't believe that anyone who saw the F1KCS debacle would be willing to do business with this guy again.
    I think that saying about a sucker being born every minute needs to be revised.

Liked: 23

Quote Originally Posted by Zcurves View Post

According to Competition Tires, the winner in FB will get a set of tires even if you are not registered in the pro event. As long as you are running the Goodyear tires.

I don't think the left hand knows what the righty is doing here..

Liked: 80

jon lewis should be banned from any scca event until he pays everyone in full and i plan on telling jeff dahnert that next week, furthermore he should be charged with theft and locked up, regards, jeremy hill

Do the "powers that be" at the SCCA even know what is going on ?? Doesn't seem like they do...

Default SCCA Pro Racing Article 1 General Regulations - Pg 5

1.3.2: PUBLICATION OF RESULTS AND DISTRIBUTION OF AWARDS
    1.3.2.1: The provisional results will be published as soon as possible after the completion of practice, qualifying or competition at the event. Results will become final and be distributed within 14 days after the conclusion of the event, excluding any actions as described in Article 1.11 and Article 1.12.
    1.3.2.2: A car must be classified as a finisher to earn prize money (see Article 1.8.4). How prize and contingency money is paid is up to the individual series.
    1.3.2.3: Prize money will be awarded to the Entrant for each individual event in the series. Monetary awards will be sent from SCCA Pro Racing’s National Headquarters, providing the results are not under appeal.
    1.3.2.4: Each team/driver must have a federal W-9 tax form on file with SCCA Pro Racing before any prize money will be paid.
    1.3.2.5: All prize money is paid by check or through direct deposit to the bank account on file with SCCA Pro Racing.
    1.3.2.6: Any outstanding debts, or monetary penalties, to SCCA Pro Racing shall be deducted from earned prize money, or a team may be invoiced if the earned prize money is insufficient to cover the debts, penalties, etc.
    2011 Stohr F1000
    www.Area81Racing.com

Quote Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
    Do the "powers that be" at the SCCA even know what is going on ?? Doesn't seem like they do...
    They do.

Heterochromic Papillae starkejt's Avatar
    Liked: 3

One thing "powers that be" in general tend to notice is unpaid debt.

Jon Lewis has apparently noticed this thread also. He is posting a long, excuse filled thread over on his forum. He seems to be throwing Amerisuites and someone else under the bus.

Heterochromic Papillae starkejt's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Yes, it's hilarious.

Here's the tl;dr from those threads:

"I can't believe the audacity of the F1000 community. How dare they let me steal from them, let alone blame me for it."

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Should make great reading

w/ my morning Chai tea.
    This way I can balance out the soothing, calming effect of a pair of kittys in my lap, with pure unadulterated outrage at reading more BS.

Win-win if there ever was one.

WI bound tomorrow morn' - Yay!!

(Ya see that balance I just did?)

Liked: 1870

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Jon Lewis has apparently noticed this thread also. He is posting a long, excuse filled thread over on his forum. He seems to be throwing Amerisuites and someone else under the bus.
    Got a link?

Here it is in it's entirety.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Jon Lewis
    Here’s what really happened:

In April of 2011, I came up with the idea of a junior league professional series utilizing formula 1000 race cars. Sort of a junior version of Formula 1 with standing starts, etc. There were going to be several pieces of equipment required for such an operation. Things like a tech trailer, safety car, scales, etc. So I began contacting companies who could supply this equipment as sponsors of the Series. Upon building a group of supporting sponsors, I contacted two long-time supporters of my racing team which I have managed successfully over 24 years. Upon telling them of my idea, they agreed to support the Series financially by supplying the funds needed for track costs, sanctioning fees, prize money and a tow fund. Everything was coming together.

A little background on my supporters. These two gentleman (who have always asked to remain annonomous so they don’t get bombarded by others seeking support) have supported my race team for several years in American Le Mans and IndyCar. Their support has always been a hand shake deal and they have provided significant financial support with their return coming from my securing a primary sponsor for the team, as was the situation with financial support of the Series by securing a Title sponsor. History has proven that they always received a return on their investment.

Now, I began formulating a schedule of events. I began picking premier tracks and premier events to fill our schedule. I began posting press releases regarding the series. Numerous product and contingency sponsors were coming on board. We entered into a sanctioning agreement with SCCA Pro Racing. It was all coming together.

In May of 2012, we held our first event at the Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (Mosport). Thirteen teams entered our first event. Our first check from our supporters hadn’t arrived yet, but we kept on going, knowing that their financial support had always been provided over the years. The races went off as planned. The crowds loved our standing starts and the teams all enjoyed the event. So, it was off to New Jersey for our next event.

Right before we left for New Jersey we received a late payment of only $20,000 (the amount of the prize money for Mosport) from our supporters with the stipulation that controlling interest in the Series be transferred over to them. This wasn’t what we had agreed to. So I contacted them and their position was to shut down the operation and sell of any of its assets. This was again not what we had agreed to. So, during the New Jersey event, I continued to negotiate with them for the support they had originally agreed to.

The New Jersey event went off without a hitch. Twelve drivers took to the track and besides a few on-track incidents, all the drivers enjoyed the event. I continued to try and get our financial support back on track, but it was their final decision to not pay any more money and recoup some of their investment from the sale of any assets the Series owned, which wasn’t much. Family issues was cited as a reason. Upon their final decision, I made the decision not to accept their payment, as closing down the Series would have been unfair to the competitors, the tracks, the sanctioning body and others that were owed money. Instead, I chose to continue the Series and work to pay off more than $100,000 in debt incurred from its first two events.

The Series had to immediately be restructured to a level that was sustainable with the loss of financial support. We had to cancel our big events at VIR and Mid-Ohio. We tried to look at National events, but there weren’t many to choose from that fit into our schedule. So, we looked at regional SCCA events to finish out the 2012 schedule, while we worked to build the Series back up.

The competitors became increasingly restless about not receiving their prize money and tow fund from the first two events. Negative posts about the Series and me personally started appearing on public forums such as ApexSpeed. During this time we continued to forge on. Working to secure a Title sponsor, restructuring the prize purse, removing the tow fund, etc., all to keep the Series going and pay the Series’ debts.
    Competitors started dropping out like flies, boycotting the Series until they got paid their prize money and tow fund. Derogatory posts on public forums increased. The Series was getting a bad name and I was being attacked personally. I even got banned from ApexSpeed, who continues to allow inflammatory posts about the Series and me, without even the opportunity to defend myself. Another entity proposed its own east coast Series for 2013. It became increasingly difficult to build the momentum required to keep the Series going.

During this time, only two teams even contacted me to see what they could do to help the Series. None of the other teams even tried. So much for the F1000 fellowship that they all talk about. What they fail to remember is that they had two great events that were well run at the beginning of this season. All they care about is their precious prize money and tow fund. What would have happened if I accepted the one payment from our backers? Who would get the money? The competitors, who would only receive the prize money from Mosport and not the tow fund or prize money from New Jersey and have no Series to run in? What about all the other people owed their money? If the Series shutdown, all of them would be out what is rightly owed to them. This is not the way we do business. So we forged on to try and get everyone paid.

But, here I am, being portrayed as the bad guy. The guy who was let down by our financial backers. But, yet it’s my fault. The guy who wanted to protect the competitors, tracks, and others owed money from a Series being shutdown, But, again it’s my fault. The guy who has been working non-stop (without pay mind you) to try and keep the Series going in order to get everyone paid. Again, it must me my fault. One thing out of all of this that has become apparent is that no matter what I do, if it doesn’t work out the way everyone else wants it to, it’s going to be my fault no matter if I had control over the situation or not.

So that brings us to where we are right now. Only one entry for our event at Daytona. God bless you Jason Slahor. But, how can we run a series on one entry? We can’t. We’ll run our final three events, whether there’s one entry or several. We’ll finish out our 2012 schedule and be done with it.

The Series will continue in 2013, but without Formula 1000. Needless to say, I’m pretty disappointed with the Formula 1000 community in general. I get screwed, yet I'm the bad guy. What exactly the Series will contain has yet to be determined. But, the company will continue in some shape or form until everyone gets paid. It won’t be easy and it won't be today, but eventually it will be taken care of. That’s the kind of person I am, whether you believe those on ApexSpeed or not. I think my 25 years in this business proves that.
    Last edited by Wren; 09.14.12 at 11:56 AM. Reason: I copied and pasted something twice and left something out

Liked: 1870

"All they care about is their precious prize money and tow fund."

Unbelievable..............

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information