Liked: 62

Default NJMP - 9/8 and 9/9

The schedule for this weekends race at NJMP has been posted on EMRA's web-site. Looks like 4 sessions each for FV/CFs/FFs group and the winged group on Saturday. Then on Sunday, we are all together for 3 sessions in the morning. For those travelling a distance, the final Sunday race currently wraps up around noon. EMRA always seems to give us the morning race slot on Sunday's which is nice.

Weather looks decent, with only a chance of afternoon showers on Saturday, Sunday looks clear and cool.

It's also the AMA race weekend at NJMP on Thunderbolt, so there should be plenty of other on-track, and off-track entertainment. Although, I don't think my 6 year old son is "quite" ready for the off-track entertainment yet

Liked: 62

For those of you who might have stayed at home due to the weather forecast, you missed a great weekend of racing. Weather on Saturday was warm, and windy, and Sunday was picture perfect blue skies, and mid-70s. The storms on Saturday happened after the racing was over for the day, so all the racing was dry.

Great racing in the F1600 spec class (the middle of the three FRCCA spec classes). The two pole sprints were won by a nose (I lost Saturdays, won Sundays). Close racing, with lots of passing and lead changes.

On a personal note, I finally decided to quit coasting at the back of the pack, and drive a bit more aggressively. Finally broke 1:20, not exactly a track record, but the first time in 4 weekends at NJMP that I've managed to do that. Was able to pick up a second (Jay won Saturday by a decent margin), and a first in my class in the 20 lap main races, lots of fun all the way around. Apparently, I can actually drive faster and still keep the car pointed forward, news to me

Hopefully, attendance will be up at the final race weekend of the year on Summit Point main on October 13/14.

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 15

Great racing, great weather, the FRCCA weatherman has not been wrong all year!
    Glenn congrats on lowering the lap times yet again
    Points races will once again come down to the final race weekend at summit point
    Which has become the norm with this supper competitive club.
    Sue our chief timer and scorer had to tell EMRA's race control to stop hypa-ventilating
    Every time we went 3 and 4 wide into turn one this weekend at NJ telling him these guys
    Do that all the time they know what their doing!
    I'm not sure she's right about us knowing what were doing but she's right about us
    Doing it all the time!!!!
    Thanks to everyone who showed up and all those that helped out
    See you at summit

Contributing Member Chris Elwell's Avatar
    Liked: 58

Quote Originally Posted by wake74 View Post

Hopefully, attendance will be up at the final race weekend of the year on Summit Point main on October 13/14.
    Isn't there a race on Shenandoah in November? I was looking forward to that.

Chris

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 15

Sorry chris the oct date is our last event of the season
    Hopefully that fits into your schedule

Thread Information