Banned
    Liked: 2

Default Tandem 2-Seater Dallara Formula cars...

There are two 2001 Dallara-Opel F301 2-Seater Formula 3 cars in the world. Both machines were re-constructed by a nice chap I know of named Bertram Schafer whom runs the German Formula 3 Championship. His customs are powered by a Spiess-Tuned Opel Formula 3 race engine; 2-liter, 4-cylinder that pumps out 215 hp with the 24 mm air restrictor or 240 hp with a 32 mm restrictor.

By modifying the car?s mid-section by only 700 mm, Bertram was able to insert a 2nd cockpit area in a crouched seating position with the passenger?s knees into their chest, and toes clipped into a design similar to the old-style bicycle pedals. There is a 6-point harness and grab handles on the back of the 1st front roll bar to hang on to for dear life!

One car was acquired by Australian Ross Palmer and used at corporate events during rounds of the Australian Formula 3 Championship. New Zealand based Daynom Limited (www.takes2.co.nz) now owns that car for the use of sponsorship driven marketing campaigns as more and more companies look towards non-traditional styled corporate events.

I myself was given the chance for a ride around Exhibition Place at last year?s Toronto Indy race in 1 of 2 Dallara IndyCar 2-Seaters with Logan Gomez driving. I?ve told him prior to not hold back and push the car as much as he liked. But I probably shouldn?t have said that as he was on it!...and slid that car so close to the walls, and braked so late that my organs were still in 6th gear as we pulled back into pitlane!
    Last edited by Canadian Formula 3 Championship; 01.07.13 at 8:50 AM.

Thread Information