Banned
    Liked: 2

Default Formula 1's relationship to Formula 3...

Formula 3...the closest, safest avenue to a Formula 1 car that an individual would be able to drive comfortably, affordably and with accessibility where a modern Formula 1 car is not.

The closest; because car designs are very similar and both formulas use the same manufacturers, parts suppliers, technical support, race circuits, and racing drivers.

The safest; because even though a GP2 car is closer to Formula 1, it does have alot of horsepower, more downforce and is difficult to set-up, start-up and drive safely "competitively" and lest not forget GP2 costs are quadruple or more to Formula 3 costs.

So there you have it...Formula 3: the ability to have your own, real Grand Prix car for $100,000 or less with annual running costs at these same levels or less.

Liked: 0

I saw these cars run at Monza 5 years ago and had the chance to see them up close. They are an amazing race car, I must say. I was surprised by the size of them. I thought they would be much smaller, but they were quite large dimensionally - almost F1 size. Lots of aeros and flip ups making them look very similar to a F-1 car.

Would be cool to see an American open wheel series running cars of this caliber.

Thread Information