Liked: 4

Default SafeRacer too big to care about their customers?

Not happy with the service I'm getting from SafeRacer!

I bought a $150 pair of AplineStars gloves from them used them for 3 races and they began to fall apart litterally at the seams. I called to get a new pair or find a different pair that would last me longer than a couple races. No such deal Mr. customer "you can ship them back on your dime we will inspect them and if we feel its warranted either have the manufacturer repair them or replace. How long will that take I have a race coming up. Sorry Mr. Customer I guess your hosed. Well thanks for the support SafeRacer, I guess I'll just stitch them back together myslef and find a new vendor for my safety grear.

Buh Bye SafeRacer!

Liked: 1432

Nothing new. People are always having trouble with them.

What about going to Alpinestars directly? Both about the product, and the crappy service from their vendor.

Liked: 111

I tried to order something from the once. "It is in stock" "Great" "It will ship today" "Hey it has been two weeks-where is it? It was listed in stock!" "We don't stock that item". Oh.

Never again. Terrible.

Liked: 10

Call or e-mail John Ruther at Northstar Motorsports (www.northstarmotorsports.com). John's phone is (847) 304-5515 and his e-mail is John@NorthstarMotorsports.com, he will take care of you.

Feff

Contributing Member flat tappet's Avatar
    Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by bradr View Post
    Not happy with the service I'm getting from SafeRacer!

I bought a $150 pair of AplineStars gloves from them used them for 3 races and they began to fall apart litterally at the seams. I called to get a new pair or find a different pair that would last me longer than a couple races. No such deal Mr. customer "you can ship them back on your dime we will inspect them and if we feel its warranted either have the manufacturer repair them or replace. How long will that take I have a race coming up. Sorry Mr. Customer I guess your hosed. Well thanks for the support SafeRacer, I guess I'll just stitch them back together myslef and find a new vendor for my safety grear.

Buh Bye SafeRacer!
    I have purchased a bunch of stuff from them.......helmet, suit,gloves,shoes, nomex.....when I called to ask for a catalog(to order more stuff.....dub), I was curtly told.....we ' ll mail them out when we are ready, not before!! A tracking catalog after more than a grands worth of business.I 'll go out of my way to steer folks elsewhere.

Liked: 530

Wow, I guess I got lucky.. I ordered my suit, gloves, shoes, baclava and hans from them. Got a call right away that the suit was on back order and asked if I wanted to cancel or wait. I decided to wait. The Hans shipped right away anyway. After a couple weeks of waiting, I called and the saferacer rep called Sparco for me while I waited on the line. Still on backorder for four more weeks, so he helped me decide on another suit that was in stock. Everything immediately shipped at that point. I'd say I was happy with my experience with saferacer.

Mikey

Liked: 7

Default Thank Topeka

I figure the "SCCA NATIONAL RACING SERIES" licensing fees drained away all SAFERACER's Customer Service budget...

Liked: 0

Default safety gear

http://www.discoveryparts.com/ Try this guy, fellow racer and excellent customer service.

Liked: 25

Default Pegasus!

The folks at Pegasus Auto Racing Suppiles are first rate, and their inventory is second to none!

Contributing Member
    Liked: 53

Also, try Vas Enterprises,
    Victor Gagliano is a one person shop.
    In business over 40 years. Will customize any helmet
    or suit. Web site is dated as are prices, but
    vasracingsuits.com or call him at
    516 775 1060
    He's a great guy. (my opinion)
    Mention Tom Galuardi!!!

Liked: 20

I bought my suit, Hans, shoes and other stuff from VAS Enterprises. Victor is a first class guy and very helpful. He does custom made suits (himself) that are very well done.
    I can see no reason to go anywhere else....just sayin...
    http://www.vasracingsuits.com/

Contributing Member a. pettipas's Avatar
    Liked: 84

I will throw Apex Performance http://www.apexperformance.net in the ring...very knowledgeable staff, great customer service...call Linda or Clarke 866 505 2739 or
    linda@apexperformance.net

Highly recommended
    aaron

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 238

Default Averill Racing Stuff

I will throw in here and recommend Averill Racing Stuff. A fellow racer, car prep shop, supplier, and supporter of the GLC Racing series.

Keith also attends many of the Great Lakes Division races with his supply trailer and good advice.

Always had great, quick service!

Liked: 447

It always helps to support the vendors who support ApexSpeed. You should expect great service from our vendors since they don't want their name dragged through the mud on the same forum they frequent.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 94

You might also want to try contacting Alpinestar directly. When I was racing bikes, I had a zipper fail on one of my boots. I contacted Alpinestar, explained the problem and that I had a race coming up soon so was limited on time. They paid postage back to them, replaced the zippers in both boots, turned them around in two days, and shipped them back to me.

Liked: 4

Default SafeRacer Retraction

I was contacted by the president after I posted this thread and they have taken care of me. It's too bad it takes this kind of effort to get the service you'd expect but they have made me a customer once again and I guess thats what counts.

Liked: 384

Just to add diversity to this thread.
    I would like to say that i have bought,returned and switched around probably close to ten grand worth of stuff over the years with Saferacer and they have always taken good care of me.
    Just evening out the scales.
    Maris Kazia ,CEO
    EuroKraft Inc Racing
    Circuito do Sol
    2014 Radical SR 3 RSX, 2x Tatuus FA 01
    BMW HP2 .BMW K1200 R.Porsche 996 Carerra 4s

Liked: 14

at least the safe racer decal is not mandatory on your trailer, and I've only had good dealings with them.
    Last edited by JRMarchand; 09.08.12 at 10:28 PM.

Thread Information