[FONT=Verdana]I’ve heard from some detractors expressing their concerns about Formula 3 parts availability, that replacement parts are too difficult, costly and time consuming. This posting is made to address these concerns by letting our fellow competitors know that their presumptions are incorrect.

Formula 3 manufacturers are a long list of companies whom have been involved with that formula for many, many years, even decades. Most notably Dallara whom dominate the chassis marketplace and consistently keep a large supply of all parts dating back to 1999 with the Dallara F399, and even have remaining suspension and bodywork pieces for chassis’ as far back as 1994 with their F394 generation.

Reason for being is the development of 2 levels of Formula 3 markets, (new and used) created by various Formula 3 “franchises” around the world. The predominant formulas in Europe; British Formula 3 and F3 Euro Series recycle their chassis’ and equipment every 3 years due to Dallara’s new, replacement chassis cycles.

These used cars with equipment are then sold to lower Formula 3 clubs such as Germany, Australia, Brazil, Finland, Austria, etc. But Dallara then, must always be in the position to construct, harbor, deliver and support these older-generation parts to these lower-ranked Formula 3 franchises. Hence, a steady stream of new, older-modeled parts at-the-ready to be sent out immediately.

Infact, I would think that it would be easier and faster to receive parts from Dallara than it would from Swift for an Atlantic chassis for example. Reason for being, Dallara is a much larger company and has the capacity to produce larger production runs of needed parts than a Swift can. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Dallara supports 10 Formula 3 Championships around the world, amongst other formulas, Swift supports…well, not as many. Here, I’m just using Atlantics as a comparison because it’s on the same performance level as Formula 3.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]But this does apply to many other junior formulas out there in general, and even more so with the smaller manufacturers. So there’s no question, Dallara has a much larger inventory of parts than most to support any Series.

I’ve experienced this first-hand as I have ordered parts myself from the Dallara factory in Parma, Italy a few weeks back and got my parts within’ 3 days after they received my invoice payment, and that was for my 2005 Dallara F305/07 chassis. So there is no problems in the supply chain, nor delivery time-tables from Dallara.

Parma, Italy aside, I’ve had conversations with Dallara about keeping a full supply of commonly- used F3 parts at their new facility at Indianapolis which they’ve obliged to do once our Canadian Formula 3 Championship compiles a large enough grid to warrant this inventory.

This closer proximity would reduce logistic costs, shorten delivery times, be custom duty free for potential teams based in the states, or present a parcel pick up point if our Series ever races at close track venues such as a Watkins Glen or Lime Rock.

This same concept can be said and incorporated of other Formula 3 parts suppliers; engines, electronics, gearbox, brakes, tires, wheels, fuel, connectors, etc, etc. Formula 3’s diverse group of major manufacturers have always created and developed parts for the F3 platform and still supply these same parts to this secondary used market today ensuring that a Formula 3 car will always be able to run and compete anywhere in the world.[/FONT]