Liked: 1112

Default INDE Labor Day Weekend

Running Configuration 4 (taking out the kink before the pit straight) on Saturday and Configuration 1 (bypassing the early loop into the gully - Jim calls it the "I can't get my Vette to turn" configuration) on Sunday. Could be scary-fast but we'll cope. Thirteen EFFs expected.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Liked: 0

So how did it go? I hate I had to miss the action as I ran out of time getting my car together and work got very busy these past two weeks.

Who won? How many came? Who had fast lap? Pictures would be great

I will be at Firebird Mondo for sure in Oct. even if I have to load the car and take it Jens or Chris Harrison to get it race prepped.

Oh, did we have fun.

In the end there were only eight EFFs there and the attrition was something horrible but a wonderful time was had by all, including those of us who stayed to watch the last race Sunday as Jared and John had a terrific battle for second place behind Ed, who cruised around looking lonely but taking off a little bit of time each lap in his new DB1.

The Friday/Saturday configuration was indeed scary-fast up into the carousel but none of the open-wheel group did anything stupid with that wall so close on the pit straight and the tire wall beckoning at the end. Most of us will be glad if next visit they put the bus-stop chicane back in (Larry Pond gave a little talk Friday about why he had suggested it in the first place). I got third place Saturday when Jared and Tom Cuevas took each other out ahead of me.

Sunday's configuration then took out the dip into the gully and replaced it with what was essentially a straight coming out of the sweeper we're already taking at about 80MPH. The Herbst brothers were flying (I was about 13 seconds/lap faster than the previous day's configuration) until on successive laps we imitated our more famous Las Vegas namesakes and became off-road racers in a big way. I'll attach my favorite photo of the consequences. One steering arm was also bent pretty badly which made weaving through the trees on my way back out of the gully (workers couldn't even see where I'd gone) to the asphalt something of an adventure.

Should be ready again by at least one of the October dates, look forward to seeing new hardware out there.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold

Liked: 0

Sounds like everyone had a blast. Thanks for the update.

Classifieds Super License marshall9's Avatar
    Liked: 501

Quote Originally Posted by TimH View Post
    Oh, did we have fun.

In the end there were only eight EFFs there and the attrition was something horrible but a wonderful time was had by all, including those of us who stayed to watch the last race Sunday as Jared and John had a terrific battle for second place behind Ed, who cruised around looking lonely but taking off a little bit of time each lap in his new DB1.

The Friday/Saturday configuration was indeed scary-fast up into the carousel but none of the open-wheel group did anything stupid with that wall so close on the pit straight and the tire wall beckoning at the end. Most of us will be glad if next visit they put the bus-stop chicane back in (Larry Pond gave a little talk Friday about why he had suggested it in the first place). I got third place Saturday when Jared and Tom Cuevas took each other out ahead of me.

Sunday's configuration then took out the dip into the gully and replaced it with what was essentially a straight coming out of the sweeper we're already taking at about 80MPH. The Herbst brothers were flying (I was about 13 seconds/lap faster than the previous day's configuration) until on successive laps we imitated our more famous Las Vegas namesakes and became off-road racers in a big way. I'll attach my favorite photo of the consequences. One steering arm was also bent pretty badly which made weaving through the trees on my way back out of the gully (workers couldn't even see where I'd gone) to the asphalt something of an adventure.

Should be ready again by at least one of the October dates, look forward to seeing new hardware out there.
    That looks terrible, Herbst ! Sorry,couldn't resist.

Classifieds Super License marshall9's Avatar
    Liked: 501

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Simmons View Post
    So how did it go? I hate I had to miss the action as I ran out of time getting my car together and work got very busy these past two weeks.

Who won? How many came? Who had fast lap? Pictures would be great

I will be at Firebird Mondo for sure in Oct. even if I have to load the car and take it Jens or Chris Harrison to get it race prepped.
    I'm a lot closer than those two, if you need some help. I'm by Cardinals Stadium, could help you at your place.

Quote Originally Posted by marshall9 View Post
    That looks terrible, Herbst ! Sorry,couldn't resist.
    I've propsed we adopt the team name Really Awful Herbst, giving us the acronym RAH!
    Caldwell D9B - Sold

Thread Information