Liked: 5

Default Barber Double Rational 8/31 - 9/2

Looking like we will have some F600's running this event - more on www.formula500.org

Jim

Liked: 0

Default update sat race

Clint won overall.

Second day is in the books. Qualifying was uneventful with Jason and I both improving our times over the damp conditions from Friday's qualifying. Clint was on some very old tires, but still turned the fastest of the three of us. Late in the afternoon a big line of thunderstorms moved through and shut down the track for 20 minutes. After that group 5 went out and then us. Although no rain fell during our session the track was soaked with large amounts of running water in numerous areas of the track. We all decided to go out on rain tires and that was the right choice. Clint checked on on the start and Jason slipped by me on the start. After chasing Jason around for about half of the race, I stepped it up to try and see if I could set him up for the pass. Unfortunately I spun it in the back straight chicane two laps in a row and Jason just had too much distance on me to catch him. For such slick conditions it was a very clean race overall, with only one S2000 getting into into a barrier and taking off the entire rear bodywork. He was able to continue and finish sans rear bodywork. Crossing our fingers that tomorrow will stay dry
    Last edited by fatdaddy53; 09.02.12 at 4:10 AM. Reason: cleanup

Thread Information