Liked: 0

Default Drop in at RA...

Hey gang. Been hanging around this forum for awhile and very interested in the formula. I've read up on alot and drooled over the internet but nothing beats in person knowledge. I'm a crew chief for a regional SM in CENDIV so I'll be at RA this weekend. If anyone is willing to shoot the breeze and let me kick some tires I'd really appreciate it.

I've been working on driving skill since 2000 in autocross, karting and most recently track days with a little high speed autocross. I'm a quick driver with fast hands but have lots still to learn. I like light vehicles and have done most of my work with the Miata but open wheel is pure racing. The FST weight to power to tire ratio is very compelling to start my own w2w foray.

Thanks,
    Jason Cange

Liked: 190

Jason,

I think most of the FST guys will be hanging around the St. John the Baptist consession stand general area. You are more than welcome to come over and check out the cars.

I'm just down Rt 59 from North Aurora in Plainfield, so you have a local FST reference.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Liked: 2

Jason,

Like Bill I'm not far from you (St. Charles west of Randall Rd.) and like you I've run Miatas, karts and tin tops. I think FST is the open-wheel class of the future. Everyone I've encountered during my brief foray in FST has been exceptionally helpful and friendly and it's a real race car; fast, responsive, challenging. But also simple and inexpensive. I don't think that you can go wrong with an FST.

If you haven't been to one come to a Midwestern Council event. Our final drivers school is this weekend but our schools are among the best. Almost all of our W2W events are one day events with low entry fees. The atmosphere is competitive but low-key. It's a great place to start W2W racing.

If you want to see my car and/or talk about racing just let me know.

Lance

Thread Information