Thread: 2013 Monaco GP

Classifieds Super License Charles Warner's Avatar
    Liked: 416

Default 2013 Monaco GP

Again Windstar Cruises is offering a cruise out of Nice that spends 3 days anchored off Monaco. For around $6000 a person you get great accomodations, race tickets, food, goodies, dinners, etc. as well as visit Cannes during the Film Festival, Nice, Porto Fino, etc. We did this four years ago and might be able to do it again.

For anyone who has always wanted to go to this race this is the way to do it. A marginal hotel in Monaco costs over $1000 a night. The staterooms on the Wind Surf are a modern 4 star. Best cruise I've ever done.
    Last edited by Charles Warner; 08.15.12 at 6:49 PM.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

'Cause there's bugger-all down here on earth!

Liked: 146

We did it a couple of years ago, but stayed in Nice - about 20 minutes by train from Monaco. If my memory is correct, the hotel was about 120 Euros a night for two. Booked about 6 months out, and the hotel was quite nice. I dont recall being gouged for food and drink in Nice, but 10 Euro for two coffees in Monaco did sting.

Race tickets were $2,300 AUD for two, thats at the high end, but it sure was great. My wife - who is not a fan - enjoyed it.

No so much last year at Singapore when she fell asleep on my shoulder during night practice - it did finish at midnight.

Classifieds Super License Charles Warner's Avatar
    Liked: 416

I fat-fingered the amount. It's really $6000 per person. Still worth it if that race is on your bucket list.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

'Cause there's bugger-all down here on earth!

Liked: 319

Default $12K? Holy Cow!

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Warner View Post
    I fat-fingered the amount. It's really $6000 per person. Still worth it if that race is on your bucket list.
    That'll buy a clapped out club ford and about 4 years racing budget for me...
    Lola: When four springs just aren't enough.

Liked: 80

I did a European Delivery of an Audi last year, and the finale to the trip was going to see the Monaco GP.

We stayed in Nice at a place called the Hotel Gounod (sp?) for something like $150 Euro per night. Short (and pleasant) train ride into Monaco for the race - it was a great experience for me and my wife. (who IS a fan )

F1 cars are just wild in person. So many sights and sounds that don't make it through the TV. The hairs on my arms stood on end at the start!

-Jake

Thread Information