Liked: 95

Default Royal Rumble Results

The results for the MCWF (Midwestern Council Wrestling Federation) Re-Royal Rumble 4 (CFF Challenge) held August 12, 2012 at Road America are as follows...

!st.....Scott "Zorro" Durbin................Tiga FFA77
    2nd...Sponge Bob Flemming..............Tiga FFA78
    3rd....Chuck "Snuffy" Smith...............Tiga FFA81
    4th....El Felina (Bruce Weatherston)....Van Diemen RF79
    5th....The Beachcomer, Scoot Reif......Tiga FFA76
    DNF...Lucious Lynn Serra...................Lola T540
    DNS...Bad Ass Ben Holzem.................Gemini-81C

The dastardly Sponge Bob "stole" Zorro's victory lap! What a Hoser!
    Jack Bartelt
    Lola T540 CFF

Liked: 1

Default Rumble

It was a tough one. That Reif character almost stole my show! Trying a risky pass into 5, well there was not going to be any of that! And yes that Sponge Bob stole the victory lap but was very gracious in tracking me done post race. Thanks Bob!
    Scott "Zorro" Durbin

Liked: 39

Clearly, Tigas rule!

Classifieds Super License Joefisherff's Avatar
    Liked: 103

Default Congrats

Congrats Chuck on your 3rd place! What kind of times were you guys turning? Looks like I need to get Ron Stoll to get his Tiga out for next year!

Liked: 39

Default Sunday's race, best laps

CFFs were 2:38 - 2:47. FFs ran 2:29 - 2:40. Rules are about the same as SCCA but 1150 lbs, plus weight penalties for aluminum head, etc.

I'll definitely run more Midwestern Council events. Registration and tech were easy, even for an outsider like me. They were on or ahead of schedule all weekend. On Sunday everything from FV to FA ran in one Group, and everyone played well together. Great fun. Thanks MCSCC.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 46

Default Spec tire ?

What is the spec tire in MCWF for CCF ? FF ?

T Y

Liked: 1

For CFF Hoosier r60, Goodyear 600 big 'n little. Come on out, we have a lot of fun! I have won and lost races by inches. A few more Blackhawk races, the last one, the classic LOOONG Race and an Autobahn south race Oct 7th.
    And yes, Tiga!

Liked: 1432

If you are on the fence, get out to an MC race. There is NO bullpooh (cough...SCCA), seriously. Some of the most fun races I have had were in MC. Great people, freindly, always willing to help you get the car going should you have an issue, and they really focus on families being involved. You don't need to have new tires, or the hottest engine to have fun with MC. Most events are a one day deal, so no need to get off work on Fridays to load or travel. Practice, Qual, and Race on Sunday. All their events are very well run. I can't ever being a race control mistake that ruined a race.

If you have never done it, do the Loong Race. It is a really fun event. Very family oriented, Big Wheel races for the little kids and Trick or Treating as well.

Really, good times.

RH

Contributing Member
    Liked: 4

FYI - The LOOONG RACE will be held October 20 and 21 at Blackhawk Farms Raceway. 100 mile / hourlong races. Entry fees very reasonable. Includes Saturday night dinner and drinks. A great weekend to end the Midwestern Council racing season ! Sposored by the Chicagoland Sportscar Club.

Thread Information