Thread: Daytona

Liked: 0

Default Daytona

From another forum:

Chris Ross

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:22 pm
    Post subject: Daytona Aug 11-12 Report
    Clint and I completed our first running of the F600's at Daytona. It was a good time. Clint got a great jump on the start and was mixing it up in a crowd of wings and things as well as chasing down Robinson's FF. A incident on the 1st lap brought out the full course caution and bunched the field back up for a single file restart. Race was pretty uneventfull for me. Ended up going 1 second faster in the race than qualifying. Hopefully I can improve on that tomorrow with some more coaching from Clint. Cars are working great with no issues. Just need to gas them up in the morning and we should be ready to roll again. Getting some positive attention from some other drivers and from a F500 driver that is here. One gentlemen spent a lot of time with us today asking questions and taking photos. He currently is running track days with an Evo and really wants to get back into wheel to wheel racing.
    For all the bad things I have been warned about with the Florida region and this track, I haven't really seen it. Driver check in was done very quickly, tech was painless, and a very nice and helpful gentlemen was guiding people where to park. He even got us in a spot that was close to a power outlet so we have had our two floor fans going to try to make it a little more comfortable in the Florida heat. We were also able to unpack the trailer a bit and set up the awnings. We didn't try to unload the cars due to the nasty rain storm that was moving in, but several trailers around us did with no harassment by SCCA or track personnel. Overall a pleasant experience so far.

Liked: 121

As a spectator I thought the f600's were impressively quick.

Liked: 0

Default Fast F6

We are actually pretty even with the F5's, In fact a little down in top end to what some F5's have turned there.

Liked: 5

Where are the official qualifying/race results?

TIA,
    Jim

Contributing Member
    Liked: 215

no results for Sunday race cancelled due to storm

Thread Information