Liked: 183

Default A new CM entry..

Hey all!

So I have just received my first Formula Ford. I took delivery this morning. I bought the 91 euroswift found in the FF classifieds.

I am really stoked to get this new car, and after trying on a pair of VanDiemans, I actually fit comfortably in my little swift fb91.

The car is in better shape than it shows in the photos posted on the ad, and it looks like it has been well taken care of. I hope to debut the car on the last SCCA autocross event of this season on the 19th. I have a ton of work to do on the car to get it ready, but I plan on having my first shakedown run in 2 weeks.

< I want more of these and these and everything will be

You can check out the progress on the car on my blog conedogers.wordpress.com
    Last edited by chrisw52; 08.09.12 at 7:16 PM. Reason: oh yeah, btw

Liked: 9

Ya! Chris, congratulations
    See you in a week and a half.
    Mark
    1990 Van Diemen, the Racing Machine, CM AutoX, 2016 Frontier
    You can try to make a street car into an autocrosser or you can do a lot less work and make a race car into a great autocrosser

Liked: 0

Great to hear! Welcome to the class! Things are really picking up for CM out on the coast.
    Van Diemen RF-84

Liked: 3

Excellent! More the merrier!

I won't see you guys the 19th, we're taking our son to look at colleges...besides, given I'm driving STX at Lincoln and the CM car is on 100 run tires, I'd likely have been in an RX8, anyhow

Liked: 6

Congrats! Nice looking car!
    Sho Torii
    1985 Citation FF1600

Liked: 183

Quote Originally Posted by RudeDude View Post
    Congrats! Nice looking car!
    The car looks much better in person, now that I have had time to look it over. When cold, on that first start of the day, it fires over on the first crank, purrs iike a kitten (ok lion cub)

It does have some rough spots, but nothing major that I can see.

Liked: 34

Chris
    Congratulations on joining the open wheel crowd. If you have any questions, this is the place to post them.
    One quick piece of advice: change the American Racers out right away. They are a very hard road race tire that takes a couple of laps of road racing to get warm. It will be difficult to get any heat into them @ an auto-X.

Thread Information