Liked: 8

Default F3000 in Leeds Alabama

Anybody know anything about this car? Ideally I am looking for somebody near Leeds Ala to take a look at it for me. Costs would be reimbursed, of course.

The car was purportedly run in the BOSS series, so perhaps somebody might have some info?

Thanks, Tom

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=...m=170893353091
    Tom Owen
    Owner - Browns Lane and Racelaminates.com

Classifieds Super License Charles Warner's Avatar
    Liked: 413

I owned and raced this car for several years. It was the British Hillclimb champion car and started life in 1989 as Mark Blundell's Cadbury F3000 FIA Championship car. Paperwork is available with the car to prove the provenance. It is as it was when I gave it to the Barber Museum. They removed the ex-Hakkinen Judd CV for their Lotus collection. It's on display in their F-1 section now. There is a myriad of spares, the car had just been rebuilt with a new gearbox and rear wing and floor, and was fully ready to race, with new belts, etc. when it was given. Maintained by GEA in Indy. Will suit a tall driver. Incredibly fast with the 580 hp Judd. New paintwork IIRC. This car would make a perfect donor car for someone with the skills to install something big enough. Holden parts would be available to put a 350 hp motor in it. AC 3 Liter would be ideal. The gearbox is a Reynard version of the FT-200. I.e. no transverse gears! Set up to take a Judd but I have the engine mounts for a Cossie. It's a big atlantic. Might even qualify for an atlantic with the Mazda motor.

Anyone thinking of the BOSS route should seriously look at this car. Anyone with questions can email me. I have a ton of pictures if anyone needs to see more. I might be available for inspection and collection for a fee.

I have no dog in this hunt. I'd buy it back if I didn't already have 4 cars.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

'Cause there's bugger-all down here on earth!

Liked: 0

As an aside - a pal had a 89 and then a 90 Reynard - he has a pile of bits to fill a barn (inc lots of wheels) left over. If anyone wanted these - I am sure he would accept a very sensible offer for it as a job lot.

I've had a couple of emails asking pertinent questions. I thought I'd add the answers.

Shocks: Konis fully rebuilt and properly valved.
    Springs: don't remember but set to maintain ride heights fairly rigidly. Great at Road America.
    Spares: Can't remember exactly but there were some brake rotors, etc. A couple of sets of wheels.
    Data system? No. Simple gauges.
    Documentation: yes, full with factory parts lists and manuals. Records of Blundell's races.
    Availability of spares: not bad. Kevan McLurg in the UK has a large inventory. He supplied the brand new gearbox case and bearing carrier that is in the car now.
    Gears: FT-200 standard.

I'd like to see the car go to a good home. At that price it's wall art!
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

I predict the bid will increase Sunday afternoon.
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Have stumbled across a Holden fitting kit in the UK if the eventual buyer is interested.
    Last edited by Charles Warner; 08.17.12 at 10:04 AM.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

I guess it is wall art. Some very wise soul got the car and spares for $11,300. The gearbox is worth that. No one out there with vision. More's the pity - except for one person.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

Liked: 94

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Warner View Post
    I guess it is wall art. Some very wise soul got the car and spares for $11,300. The gearbox is worth that. No one out there with vision. More's the pity - except for one person.

I just bought the F3000 , it is for sale, and open to a trade ,will consider any vintage car trade up or down.

Kim Baker 413 329 0214

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Like you Charles, we have too many toys & not enough room.
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Liked: 126

It does not surprise me that Kim bought it. I almost pulled the trigger on it... but too deep in the current car.

Banned

the downside to the F3000 car is the cost of a motor now dfv fetch big$ for historic racing
    Ozzies fitted holden v6 road car engine akin to the buick so they are more cost effective for the clubman

i have some fittiing kit parts came off a 90 onward car but I am sure they will fit the early car
    sump exhaust system some brackets and other pieces

Guy in the UK has all the ex factory reynard parts
    i know of 1 88 1 89 reynard sitting on shed for sale

Banned
    Liked: 2

No one out there with vision. More's the pity - except for one person.
    I agree and I've been saying this myself for a little while now.

Banned

reality and vision are 2 different things & economics have a lot to do with it !

Thread Information