Contributing Member Earley Motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 432

Default Lotus 61 Shifter or Similar Photo

Seat is in now for the shifter. Does anyone have a photo of the lower attachment point of the shifter. I have one of the top but I cannot see where the bottom mounts to. Any help would be greatly appreciated. After that, onto the brake pedal, finished the clutch and throttle pedals and half the steering column over the weekend. Slow but making progress. And for those keeping track, all the suspension is done and it has been on it's wheels and rolling.

Thanks for any help, Graham.

Liked: 3

I'll try to get You a picture after work when I get home
    later Gord
    BTW...only toilets need doors
    www.blurredvisionracing.com

That would be great Gord. Appreciate the help.

Graham.

Liked: 322
    -John Allen
    Tacoma, WA
    '82 Royale RP31M
    (‘72 Royale RP16 stolen in 2022)

Thanks John, it is where the bottom pivot part is that I need to see. I had looked at all those and even just about had my nose on the screen but I still couldn't see under those frame tubes . Yes that sold section has been very helpful. Thanks though.

Graham.

I took my novice day in a 61, but I don't remember anything too special about the shifter.

IIRC, the main shaft is pulled/pushed/rotated concentric with the upper bushing (as you probably know) and the lever bottom protrusion slides left/right (shaft ratation) between two plates spaced out from the cowl bulkhead. You can see these plates and their mounts at each end of the plates in the pictures.

hopefully one of the other guys can get you some good photos soon. good luck!
    Last edited by scorp997; 08.07.12 at 10:02 PM.
    -John Allen
    Tacoma, WA
    '82 Royale RP31M

Default Thanks

I have made my shifter thanks to the explanations. I thought it was on a spherical beering or something at the bottom but then it would not slide left and right. Anyway, thanks, it works fine. Actually pretty simple when you look at it.
    Graham.

glad it worked out.

My Royale has 2 spherical bearings (one mounted to the bottom of the shifter and one on the frame) that allows the sideways movement.
    -John Allen
    Tacoma, WA
    '82 Royale RP31M

Thread Information