3. Christopher Ash, Speads
    4. Terry Biner, Firman
    5. Lucian Pancea, Firman
    6. Gary Hickman, Edge Engineering
    7. John LaBrie, Phoenix
    8. Jake Latham, Stohr - DNF, Crash

Race report to come later.

Liked: 273

My performance was very pedestrian (fought a set of bad front tires) however there were 2 drivers that really stood out to me.

Larry Vollum was crazy fast and super smooth. Tried following this dude around a few laps...smooooth.

Another standout was Chris Ash. He was flogging that Speads real well, I figured that car had the stuff and it showed. I understand from Chris he drove the entire race on Sunday stuck in 5th gear and managed to somehow stay up front.....he did a Senna.

Side note at Miller FB had the 2nd highest car count of all the classes, not bad. The competition in this class is second to none in my opinion.
    Gary Hickman
    Edge Engineering Inc
    FB #76

Liked: 273

This is a bit off topic....During the Dbl Nat at Miller the UTAH STATE KART CHAMPIONSHIP was happening directly across from the East garage space.

I was surprised at how many DAD's with their 14ish year old kids came over and talked to me about getting into F1000. Not sure how they are finding out about it but I see this as a positive sign.

I let some of them sit in my car and you could see the light in their eyes.
    Gary Hickman
    Edge Engineering Inc
    FB #76

Liked: 2

Default Maybe it's the sprockets...

-- that attract the go-kart kids.

Kidding. But maybe it would be a neat idea for the F1000 community to make sure the go-kart community knows something of the category. Not sure how best to do this; maybe just putting them on Mike and Tom's mailing lists...

With paddle shift and high-reving 21st century engines, this really could be the category of choice for young go-kart racers getting into cars.

Great to hear there was interest, Gary. But I'm not really surprised. These are NOT forty year old race cars. They are new and cool!

Chris Crowe

Liked: 84

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Crowe View Post
    -- that attract the go-kart kids.

Kidding. But maybe it would be a neat idea for the F1000 community to make sure the go-kart community knows something of the category. Not sure how best to do this; maybe just putting them on Mike and Tom's mailing lists...
    I learned about the open wheel racing through an advertisment for FE (Enterprise) on www.ekartingnews.com it's probably the biggest (or one of the biggest) karting website/forums out there. F1000 should be written about/showcased/advertised on that site, it would surely drive traffic.

Thread Information