Contributing Member Earley Motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 432

Default Lotus 61 Seat Mounts

Hi. I just received my new seat from Curtis Unlimited and I must say it is a very nice piece. Great price too. Anyway, does anybody have a picture of the seat mounts both front and rear for a Lotus 61? They go into the lower dash bulk head tube and the rear rollbar bulk head tube (shoulder level more or less). I figure one end must be pins that slide in and the other end bolts in. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also is your steering column solid or tube?

Thank you and Cheers.
    Graham.
    Last edited by Earley Motorsports; 08.01.12 at 4:49 PM. Reason: forgot a bit

Liked: 3

I'll take pictures of a seat later and forward them.
    Basically, though, there are two pins facing forward from the seat that go into the two 3/8 or so holes in the lower bulkhead.
    At the back there are two tabs sticking up from the seat. Each of those go between the two corresponding tabs brazed to the frame. That is there are two tabs on the seat connected via a glassed-over tube. The two tabs are about a foot apart. There are four tabs in two pairs coming off of the frame. A 1/4 or maybe 5/16ths pin went through the tabs to secure the seat at the back.
    There are no securing devices at the lower end.

After dinner, I'll try to get pics of the seats - over the weekend I can roll the car out if you need pics of that too.

Hope this helps.

Jay Stannard

That would be great. The more pictures the better. Thank you Jay.
    Graham.

Default Done

Jay, thanks to your description of the seat mounts I have managed to fabricate my mounts. Thanks for the help.
    Graham.

Thread Information