F1000champ

Default Tom Hnatiw passes

Tom Hnatiw
    Formula 1000 lost a great friend and colleague

Formula 1000 and the racing community in general have lost a great friend and colleague. Formula 1000 Championship Series announcer, Tom Hnatiw has passed away. “Tom was a great friend with a terrific personality,” said F1000’s Jon Lewis. “Tom and I have known each other since 1990 and worked together on several projects. He truly believed in the Formula 1000 Championship and he will be greatly missed.”

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default RIP Big Fella

Gone too soon for sure.
    What a great guy, and so much one of us, a motorsports afficianado, super knowledgeable, and quite the hoot to be around.

The TV show he did w/ Peter Klut on SPEED was definitely one of the better offerings from that network - it was fun and informative, every episode.

I had a great time talking it up with him at Mosport, where I could tell something was not quite right, and at NJMP where he looked very ill, but still fighting to be at the track doing his thing.

Godspeed Tom

Liked: 96

What a likeable guy. Ditto on what Coop said.

I never got a chance to speak with him, but I got a big smile when we passed each other inside the Seneca Lodge at Watkins Glen in 2010.
    "I love the smell of race fuel in the morning. It smells like victory!"
    Barry Wilcock
    Pit Crew: Tumenas Motorsports/Houndspeed, Fat Boy Racing

Thread Information