Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Daytona races

Liked: 2

Now I get it. He is frowning because of Cole; not your pinky. Now, back to wankers, cheats and frauds....
    Ken

Heterochromic Papillae starkejt's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Quote Originally Posted by KenT View Post
    Now, back to wankers, cheats and frauds....
    Warren Zevon?

I saw Zevon in concert. Me and like 5 other guys at the student union at Ohio State. When i say me and 5 other guys, I dont mean I went with 5 other dudes to the show, but there were like 5 guys total. Timothy B. Schmidt (from the Eagles for those under 30) sat in. Cool show
    Ken

Liked: 0

Timothy is the unsung hero of the Eagles.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 215

Frown? That was one of the happiest days of my life. As for purple being slimming don't try and get 20 years out of a suit they shrink. Who needs moderators when you can hijack?

I found the article from the local paper that covered that race.

Liked: 151

Quote Originally Posted by starkejt View Post
    1.) Why is Brandon lifting in T1? Refer to the video posted by Wren. I hope it doesn't keep him awake at night.
    Because he is a wanker?

To actually try to get the thread back on topic, who are the 4 people who have registered?

Contributing Member

Stark, I think you are now moderatorbating, Coop you know you are a wanker when the same car,setup,track,driver coach and you can't snif 2 seconds within time. I have accepted my fate. I actually enjoy running with faster classes it adds to the race to be able to let faster cars through without losing big time. It has also tought me in 25 years respect the slower class and bide your time if they have their own race. If fast classes cannot run Daytona around slower cars their not much of a driver in my opinion. I fall back on my mentor Rodney King "can't we all get along"

Liked: 3787

Last edited by Purple Frog; 09.03.12 at 2:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    To actually try to get the thread back on topic, who are the 4 people who have registered?
    Mike Ockizard
    Hugh G. Rexion
    Heywood Jablomie
    Adolph Oliver Tietz

Liked: 84

Quote Originally Posted by F1000champ View Post
    Does it cost more to run in our series than it does just in the regional? Yes it does. Around $500 more. But take into consideration the following;

If you run in the regional you have the opportunity to win a plastic trophy and race against maybe 1 or two other cars in your class.

If you run in our series, you have the opportunity to win over $3,000 in cash and prizes. If you even came in 3rd in both races you'd take home at least $1,100 in cash and prizes. Maybe more if you won the hard charger award.

You run in a split start, not with the other classes and you get to race with alot more cars.

The cost of travel, hotels, expenses are the same. The only difference is the entry fee.

So you have to ask yourself, is it worth it? If you're a wanker and have no shot at being in the top three, maybe not.

Dude I think you just went off the deep end. So you are hoping that 12 people show up and give you $500 more than they have to, then you call 9 of them wankers?? You talk about prize money but really the winner is the only person that breaks even. Oh yeah they get a set of ****ty tires that are a few seconds off Hoosiers pace.....everyone else is just donating to your circus.
    How about I get Beattie, Wald, Brett and any other FB guys that show up and we all chip in $200 each as a side bet and we split it amongst the top 3. Basically the same thing and we'd probably get more satifaction in busting each others balls for the next year.

Liked: 0

Mike Ockizard
    Hugh G. Rexion
    Heywood Jablomie
    Adolph Oliver Tietz

Don't forget Gloria Stitz

Haven't you been paying attention? Only 4 entries so far.

and Richard "Big Dick" Hertz

Since somebody mentioned balls-in-the-game. see post #20
    What if the four f1000 entrants did something honorable and made out their checks to say... Brandon Dixon.
    Wonder if Jon would let them run?

Oh, you just won the internet. However many drinks you have had, it is the right amount. Please measure your BAC, and make that your target level.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    Since somebody mentioned balls-in-the-game. see post #20
    What if the four f1000 entrants did something honorable and made out their checks to say... Brandon Dixon.
    Wonder if Jon would let them run?

[FONT=Verdana]See but that's exactly my point, why does anyone have to bail this guy out?? (basically what it is) isn't it his responsibility?? No one ever paid my bills (or I'm sure yours) when we screwed up. [/FONT]

I swore off drinking when i saw Tommy park his rig sideways in the middle of the paddock last week at M-O. When Rand said not a word, and i was told the other 56 competitors were crooked, I understood the true meaning of Dos Reales.

Now that i won the internet, can i sell it on eBay and pay the profits to Brandon? (my favorite tyre supplier until he had to run GY).

Contributing Member

My shortest hijack ever it stayed civil for 3 hours 16 min back at it FB boys

I swore off drinking when i saw Tommy park his rig sideways in the middle of the paddock last week at M-O. When Rand said not a word, and i was told the other 56 competitors were crooked, I understood the true meaning of Dos Reales.

Now that i won the internet, can i sell it on eBay and pay the profits to Brandon? (my favorite tyre supplier until he had to run GY).

You should have thrown him out. He was not entered and had no business being in the paddock.

But, but... Jim,

It did get your picture on the World Wide Web. It's all about building a "brand".
    You might be the only cheatin' rough driving Irish Florida lawyer/homebuilder with true racin' heritage in the world. I launched your new 'brand'. You need to build on that.

OBTW, when did YOU become the peacemaker? I learned pot-stirring from you.

Josh, that was one sweet FB Tommy rolled out of the trailer for John Paul. you do good work.

Josh, that was one sweet FB Tommy rolled out of the trailer for John Paul. you do good work.
    I guess that cat is out of the bag.

Citationdag tires of your shenanigans.

I guess that cat is out of the bag.
    Everyones seen it but me! everyone that has seen it is in love. HP Tech still isn't back from Mid Ohio. Met Norm off the highway at 8am this morning to get boxes of spares HP couldn't fit in their trailer. I feel like a little kid on Christmas eve.

Coop, Your **** is full empty your mail box, can't send PM's

Liked: 43

Quote Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
    Dude I think you just went off the deep end. So you are hoping that 12 people show up and give you $500 more than they have to, then you call 9 of them wankers?? You talk about prize money but really the winner is the only person that breaks even. Oh yeah they get a set of ****ty tires that are a few seconds off Hoosiers pace.....everyone else is just donating to your circus.
    How about I get Beattie, Wald, Brett and any other FB guys that show up and we all chip in $200 each as a side bet and we split it amongst the top 3. Basically the same thing and we'd probably get more satifaction in busting each others balls for the next year.

JP,

Dude, your on fire tonight and spot on!

I'm glad to hear that the car has been met with approval. I think after you bolt on the gigantic diffuser and perform an alignment, it should be good to go. I hope you have enough sprocket for Daytona with that wing setup.

Give Coop a break. I assume he gets the same 200 PMs as I do. They fill up quickly if you don't regularly delete them.

Liked: 190

Josh,

You actually work on race cars? I always though Doug hired you to provide Apexspeed with comic relief 24/7

If we've degraded this thread down to posting dog photos, I'm all in.
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 08.01.14 at 6:29 PM.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bonow View Post
    Josh,

You actually work on race cars?
    Very rarely any more, it seems like. At least now when I get a chance to, it won't be on JP's car!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bonow View Post

If we've degraded this thread down to posting dog photos, I'm all in.
    You misspelled "upgraded."

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Everyones seen it but me! everyone that has seen it is in love. HP Tech still isn't back from Mid Ohio. Met Norm off the highway at 8am this morning to get boxes of spares HP couldn't fit in their trailer. I feel like a little kid on Christmas eve.

Coop, Your **** is full empty your mail box, can't send PM's

A little kid w/ a 5 n a half inch chubby!

Wait - That didn't sound right...

Quote Originally Posted by glenn cooper View Post
    A little kid w/ a 5 n a half inch chubby!

Wait - That didn't sound right...
    exactly right on both counts

F1000champ

Boy, you guys can rant about just anything. First of all, I never said that if you don't come in the top three that you are a wanker. What I said is if the THINK you can't and don't try. We had 13 drivers at Mosport and 12 at New Jersey. All who thought they had a shot at the podium. Some accomplished that goal, some didn't, but they all gave it their best. I don't consider any of them wankers.

A wanker is someone who sits in front of his computer while complaining about those who are trying to do something, yet doesn't even try to do anything themselves. If you fit in that category and I offended you, sorry.

I'm trying to find a solution to the Series problems. If you can't understand that, then you're very short sighted. I'm trying to secure a title sponsor for the Series, but there has to be a series in order to do that. Only through the proper funding of the Series will we be able to payout the prize money owed from the first two events. In the meantime, we are holding events at SCCA venues. Its everyone's choice whether they want to run in our series or just the regional. What's wrong with choice? Yes, it costs about $500 more to run in our series than the regional. But, here's what you can win:

Pole position: $250
    1st: $500 + 4 tires X 2 races = $1,000 + $2,000 in tires
    2nd: $400 + 2 tires X2 races = $800 + $1,000 in tires
    3rd: $300 + 1 tire X2 races = $600 + $500 in tires
    4th: $200 X 2 races = $400
    5th: $100 X 2 = races $200
    Hard Charger: $100 X 2 races = $200
    2 Random tires awarded for places 4th and higher

and it will be paid out right at the track.

The excess entry fee funding will go to all the drivers (not just Brandon) towards their tow fund for Mosport and New Jersey.

If you don't want to support the Series, fine. But don't knock those who do and are working to see it succeed. You're not helping anyone with your rants. Only by the continuation of the Series will it be possible to make good on the first two races shortfall.

Our entry list will be posted on our website on the entry deadline date.

Liked: 120

" Only by the continuation of the Series will it be possible to make good on the first two races shortfall."

Enough explanation for me go away...

F1000champ

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis McCarthy View Post
    " Only by the continuation of the Series will it be possible to make good on the first two races shortfall."

Enough explanation for me go away...
    Like any business, it has to stay in operation in order to pay its bills.

Liked: 151

So no one is getting paid until you find a title sponsor? What if you don't find one?

F1000champ

I'm working on several different avenues of funding. Everyone will get paid. It may not happen overnight, but it will happen.

Liked: 6

Hey, I'm up for that! We can call it the Wanker Grand Prix

I don't see why we should wait til next year to start the ball busting though.
    Here, I'll start....JP, are you going to actually drive your new car or is it going to be a garage queen like the last two ?

Sorry for the highjack. I couldn't help myself.

Tom

Contributing Member Richard Dziak's Avatar

One of the fundamental problems with the F1000 Series on the East Coast is that the racers/entrants are financing their own venue for Daytona. The recent posts by the promoter under Daytona Races, states each racer/entrant is being asked to finance their own awards. By having each entrant pay $500 over the normal entry fee, each entrant is paying the cost to cover the awards, not a bonafide sponsor. This financing was admitted in the promoters post on this very thread. Why would any entrant want to finance their own awards, it does not make any sense. I have been in the investment (securites) industry for over 30 years and this situation of the financing is like an investment where the investor gets a "return of capital". Thus, when receiving a dividend from the investment, the investor is getting their own money back. In this case the promoter has to put up nothing, and the racers themselves pay for the cash awards and the promoter gets the cash to hand out and buy tires etc. so essentially the racers are buying their own tires. This is a great deal for promoter and bad deal for the racers, just as return of capital is not a good deal for an investor.

Also the promoter states that he does not have allot of money to pay off past entrants. I am sure the promoter has assets to liquidate to cover his goodwill intent of prizes. As John Paul made some very good points and comments, the promotor should cover past committments even if he has to sell personal assets to do so. To contunue making promises without funding makes no sense to me. It's all about TEI (Trust, Ethics and Integrity).

I can't see why any racer/entrant would want to fund their own awards. The promoter has nothing to lose in this situation.

While I am not actively racing and have retired from the sport, I do fully support the 2012 F1000 Runoffs Championship and will be a Contributing Sponsor to that event. The reason why is that the organizer has a tremendous reputation, and most of all TEI (Trust, Ethics & Integrity), and he is not requesting that racers/entrants pay for their own awards by adding costs to entry fee's. The organizer has credibilty which the F1000 community respects.

I would hope that F1000 owner/drivers place their vision on the upcoming 2012 F1000 National SCCA runoff's.

The statements made by the Daytona race promoter only contridict his own statements and various remarks made here on ApexSpeed which is the premiuim source of F1000 information and media to F1000 owner/drivers.

The promoter for the Daytona event should just give it up for 2012, and work on establishing his own credibility for the F1000 Class and the goal he was trying to achieve, which clearly did not work for 2012. There is always next year, and he needs to learn from his vast errors and mistakes, not to try to pull a rabbit out the hat, which we all know is fake and just can't happen.
    Richard Dziak
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Former Phoenix F1K-07 F1000 #77 owner/driver
    email: sonewmexico@gmail.com

Instead of throwing your money away on this farce, why not donate to a more worthwhile cause? Interested parties may send checks (minimum $500 donation) to:

Coalition to Pave the Rain Forest
    c/o Josh
    P.O. Box 9999
    Richmond, VA

There is also a nice fund where you can sponsor the killing of a whale. Paving the rain forest is a bit extreme.
    Ken

F1000champ

Richard,

You have no clue about what you're talking about. Every Series out there uses their entry fees to pay for expenses, prize funds, you name it. Where do you think the prize money comes from? For example (one series out there): 30 entrants at $995/ea = almost $30,000. An event costs maybe $20,000 to run and the prize fund is around $5,000, that's about $5,000 profit. Who do you think pays for the event and the prize fund? Like it or not, in just about every series, the entrants are funding their own prize fund.

You have no idea of what I have or don't have as assets to liquidate. Only you're own thoughts. The fact is I've spent some of my own money in getting this Series going. I haven't made a dime. And I won't make a dime until we get all our debts paid.

I find your comment on personally liquidating my own assets (which there isn't any) to be absurd. Would you expect any CEO of a corporation to liquidate his own assets in order to fulfill a shortfall from the company? Of course not.

Yes, it only costs $250 or so to run a regional. It only costs let's say $15,000 to rent a track. Should the organizer of the Series that rents the track lower his entry fees so it only pays for the track rental? Of course not.

You say I should just give it up. If I did that the Series would be out of business. No one would get paid, period. Closing it down and walking away would be the easy thing to do, but that's not me. I will fight till the end to make this Series continue and make things whole.

It's easy to just place points and prizes on events that are already happening. There's no organization there. There's no cost if the prizes are coming from other avenues. I think what Mike B is doing for the Runoffs is great and I think as many F1000 drivers that can should participate. But you can't even place that in the same ball park as to what I've been trying to do.

What you fail to comprehend is that it doesn't matter what you think or say on this forum. What matters to me is what our drivers in the Series tell me directly. They are the ones I have to answer to, not you.

I'd like to continue this conversation, but I have more important things to do, like pursuing funding for the Series to take care of its debts.
    Last edited by F1000champ; 08.01.12 at 12:55 PM.

Contributing Member Brandon Dixon's Avatar
    Liked: 127

Default Tired of it all

Quote Originally Posted by F1000champ View Post
    Contracts with sponsors clearly lay out what the obligations are. For X amount of sponsorship money the Series will provide X amount of inventory. As long as the Series provides all the inventory as specified, if their are excess funds available, those funds can go wherever the Series chooses. This is the profit margin. This profit margin can be used towards prior commitments or wherever the Series deems necessary.
    From the F1000 series website:
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriesWebsite
    Cape Coral, FL (May 11, 2011) – The Formula 1000 Championship Series (F1K Series)announced today that Sunoco has become the official sponsor of the Sunoco Pole Award. The driver that captures the pole position for each race on the F1K Series calendar will receive a $250 cash award. Sunoco is the Official and Exclusive Fuel of the Formula 1000 Championship Series.

“We are very pleased to announce that beyond being the Official Fuel of the F1K Series, Sunoco has chosen to provide an excellent cash award to the drivers that capture the pole position in our races,” said Jon Lewis, Managing Director of the F1K Series. “Sunoco has been a long standing member of the racing community and this shows their dedication to the advancement of up and coming drivers.”
    Did Sunoco fail to pay for the awards that they were sponsoring, because none of the "Sunoco Pole Awards" have been paid? What would Sunoco think of this? How likely are they to support junior formula racing in the future?

I have now fully resigned myself to the fact that I'll never get a penny of the $12,850 that the series owes me.

The "do-over" F1000 series, tagging along with SCCA Regionals, isn't going to attract many people. Thus there won't be any extra cash to pay the series past debts.

What about all the equipment that was given to the series? Weren't there a car, a truck, a trailer, scales, ramps, and other items needed to run a team?

I suppose that I shouldn't be that surprised by all of this, but my lack of surprise doesn't make me less disappointed; disappointed for my own personal financial stake, the financial stake of my friends that competed with me, and the bad stigma and lack of trust that will bleed onto anyone searching for support for junior formula car racing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information