Thread: FM shock set up

Liked: 3

Default FM shock set up

Hi All, This is our second year with our 2000 FM. The car is fast and incredibly reliable.
    Many thanks to the FM community for their set up help along the way.

The question is shock compression. It has never been adjusted since I bought the car and I have no idea what is set at. But I'm going to find out.
    Could someone give me a baseline adjustment ?

Thanks in Advance,
    John B.
    Canada

Liked: 27

Default As a starting point

, put the adjusters in the middle of the range. I go alittle stiff on bump and a little soft on rebound. If you are not sure of the condition of your shocks then send them in for a re build. The difference can be amazing with fresh dampners.

Have fun

Liked: 3

Many Thanks Darryl, I have no idea what position they are in or the condition of them. But now I have a starting point.

To bad you couldn't make the Toronto Indy. There is a great in car video on the pro mazda forum.

John B.

Liked: 1

John,

Take Darryl's great advice and send your shocks out for service....it won't cost that much for a basic inspection and fluid change. For all you know one or more of them may be in pretty bad shape.

And if you are racing with SCCA, the shock internals are spec, so make sure whoever services the shocks keeps everything to spec and legal for you.

Liked: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Wills View Post
    , put the adjusters in the middle of the range. I go alittle stiff on bump and a little soft on rebound. If you are not sure of the condition of your shocks then send them in for a re build. The difference can be amazing with fresh dampners.
    Darryl,
    Any suggestion on who is good and reliable for the shock service?
    Steve

Liked: 27

Default We use TrueChoice in Ohio

We have had good results from those guys. Be VERY clear when you need your shocks to be completed.

Info below
    Our toll-free number (USA and Canada), 1-888-566-4722 (Ask for Koni Racing Services) and showroom is staffed from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday (eastern time USA)
    Outside of the USA and Canada you can reach us at 614/876-3483, and fax us at 614/876-9292 anytime.

Liked: 9
    Ted/FM # 13
    Shoe String Racing
    On a Wing & a Prayer

Liked: 2

Default thanks

Thanks for the suggested vendors. I am located right betwen both of them.

Thread Information