Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012 Runnoffs

Liked: 43

[
    I'm looking forward to driving Road America and meeting the rest of the F1000 crowd!

John[/quote]

We need someone to put a Phoenix in the field and "you da man"...

Liked: 1432

After looking at the entry lists to date, FB has 10 entries. Not to shabby....until you look at FC...also 10 entries. Looks very good for FB! And looking at other classes (FF - 18 and had 30 just 2 years ago, FE - 12 and had 16 last year) it is even more impressive. Considering what the class went through this year, I think that is a great turnout.

Off topic...why does SM only have 20 registered???? They usually lose that many the first time through T5.

ApexSpeed Photographer Dennis Valet's Avatar
    Liked: 60

I think most SM drivers don't make the trip to road america because they don't have a chance to win the race unless they have a $30,000+ car. Previously you also needed a 1999+ 1.8L car to be competitive at Road America and most SMs in the club are the previous generation. I'm not sure if that's still the case as they did some tinkering with the rules to get some balance, but the problem lies in the fact that it's hard to equalize a light 1.6 against the heavier 99+ and have it work at all tracks. Do you equalize for Road America, a very unique track, or equalize for almost every other track and deal with the Road America parity issue.

For most classes the runoffs is one of the only opportunities to run in a very large run group without mixed classes. For SM on the east coast they pretty much can get that at every single national and most regionals. This obviously dampens the appeal of the runoffs.

Liked: 66

Default It's going to be close...

I've been looking at the national point standings, trying to determine if I need to go to HPR for one more race in order to qualify. As of now I am in, but that will change if I don't race over labor day and others do.

I figure that Coop, Mike B. and Bill M. will pass me up in points after labor day weekend, which leaves the following drivers who could potentially bump me out of the top 50% nationally:

- Ash, Christopher
    - Marchand, Juan
    - Vardis, Nicho
    - Adams, Rob
    - Pierce, Tim
    - Frost, Pete
    - Franklin, Richard
    - Smith, Corey

So who's trying to make it to the runoffs?

If I don't have to spend the money for the Last Chance Rationals in Denver it would be nice, but I am going if I need to.

But just in case, thought I would ask.

Cheers,

John

Liked: 14

I'm done until the runoffs, I think Nicho told me he was going to Barber, I wish I was, but for sure next year.

I was in touch with the Pointskeeper and i'm second in the GLakes division and the worst i can finish after labor Day is third. It was my great fear all year that I wouldnt be able to make the Runoffs, my first race finish didn't happen until mid july because i was building the car from the ground up and it wasnt easy, took a long time, very stressful too.

See ya all at the runoffs, stop by my spot by the fuel pumps row, later

Contributing Member Brandon Dixon's Avatar
    Liked: 127

Quote Originally Posted by jaltaman View Post
    I've been looking at the national point standings, trying to determine if I need to go to HPR for one more race in order to qualify. As of now I am in, but that will change if I don't race over labor day and others do.

I figure that Coop, Mike B. and Bill M. will pass me up in points after labor day weekend, which leaves the following drivers who could potentially bump me out of the top 50% nationally:

- Ash, Christopher
    - Marchand, Juan
    - Vardis, Nicho
    - Adams, Rob
    - Pierce, Tim
    - Frost, Pete
    - Franklin, Richard
    - Smith, Corey

So who's trying to make it to the runoffs?

If I don't have to spend the money for the Last Chance Rationals in Denver it would be nice, but I am going if I need to.

But just in case, thought I would ask.

Cheers,

John
    There are multiple ways to qualify. One way is to finish in the top three in points in your division. I was trying to get the points for the rocky mountain division, but the website doesn't respond. I see 5 people with points from the RM division, but I might have missed someone.

Biner, Jake, You, Chris Ash, and Rob Adams.

Assuming I have spotted all the RM division competitors, as long as either Chris Ash or Rob Adams don't pass you in points then you will be qualified.
    Last edited by Brandon Dixon; 08.21.12 at 12:00 PM. Reason: I missed Biner

Liked: 80

biner is first in rm div, you should find out if adams or ash is running again, either could bump you, cheers, jeremy

Contributing Member Brandon Dixon's Avatar
    Liked: 127

Quote Originally Posted by JEREMY HILL View Post
    biner is first in rm div, you should find out if adams or ash is running again, either could bump you, cheers, jeremy
    My bad. I edited my post.

Default Don't forget you-know-who

Meaning JRO - he's in the RM division as well, which takes me out of that (JRO, Jake, Biner).

And yes, Chris could easily bump me from the top 50% as well.

Thanks for the replies, though, guys. Juan, glad to see you're in with the division requirement - I'll certainly drop by and say hi at the runoffs.

At this point, I'm going to go to HPR. Better safe than sorry.

Liked: 706

Quote Originally Posted by jaltaman View Post
    Meaning JRO - he's in the RM division as well, which takes me out of that (JRO, Jake, Biner).

And yes, Chris could easily bump me from the top 50% as well.

Thanks for the replies, though, guys. Juan, glad to see you're in with the division requirement - I'll certainly drop by and say hi at the runoffs.

At this point, I'm going to go to HPR. Better safe than sorry.
    JRO is actually listed in Northern Pacific Division.

Glad to hear you're going to give it the old college try!
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Get your FIA rain lights here:
    www.gyrodynamics.net/product/cartek-fia-rain-light/

Default Oh really?

Pardon my obvious ignorance with respect to JR's region, Mike. Thanks for cluing me in.

And while that could've changed things, bottom line is if Chris shows up and I don't then I am toast for both the national and regional requirements.

So, yep, I'm there, regardless. In keeping with the spirit of the 'college try' I might as well bring cold refreshments.

Liked: 84

Is JRO planning on going to the run offs? Isn't his car sold?

Liked: 43

Quote Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post

I think I heard something about him putting a 1000cc motor, larger wheels, and wings on a shifter kart.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
    I noticed that he is registered for a double regional at RA this weekend:
    http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...437C6E6D2CD566

Draw your own conclusions.
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Contributing Member crowe motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 34

Default Runoffs

I knew this Runoffs Q could get tight. See my post 35. I would be at Barber if could to close the deal, but there is no way I can attend. Barber should be on everyones bucket list if you have not been there. So I am a little nervous. My current National points standing is 10 (was 7 last week) and if 6 more pass me in points I am toast. Not sure if my 3rd in Division will hold after Barber. We need more new cars to get on track at a National to help the total car count nationwide. This will help with the 50 percent rule as one of the other ways to qualify. John Paul will add to National car count at Barber. Anyone else?

Barber pre-registration is light and is missing several guys I think may be there trying to get qualified. Who is going?

Jaun I am one row over from you and Mike, Dan and Jeremy are right across from me. So the Van Diemen group will be at least 5 strong in that area of the paddock. I will be well stocked for end of the day and I am really looking forward to the Runoffs. I just hope this dog will hunt

Michael

If the wheels fall off maybe I will go to Wanker Pro Race at Daytona or the ARRC as a consolation

Liked: 151

Quote Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
    I noticed that he is registered for a double regional at RA this weekend:
    http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...437C6E6D2CD566

Draw your own conclusions.

He is registered in the JDR car though. I wonder what he will be driving at the runoffs?

Default JDR

The JDR F1k machine is unique, I saw some of the first test sessions at Autobahn and the car looked surprisingly fast and nimble, at the time it might've tip the scales at 742#, yup. Thats when I met Jerry, he also showed me the super trick front suspension. If JRO is in JDR it could be lights out. Alex Mayer drove the JDR at the Cat, he also looked very confident.

just hyped the JDR big time , the car is sick and JRO will certainly make it exciting, I'm assuming Jerry found what he needed!!

Liked: 159

Default Thanks for the kind words.

JR.....thanks for the kind words about our new car. We spent a lot of time designing and building what we think is a very good chassis. We are still in the development stage.....but with JRO in the car we have high expectations.

I hope you ment the car was "slick" not "sick"......although we did have a sick engine at the Cat.....and yes that has been taken care of.

Ten entries at the runoffs is good.....but I'm hoping for more......so everyone please keep trying to get quallified. Everyone who sees these cars is amazed at the speed and souind.....the class has a great future!

Jerry Hodges
    JDR Motorsport.com

Quote Originally Posted by JRMarchand View Post
    The JDR F1k machine is unique, I saw some of the first test sessions at Autobahn and the car looked surprisingly fast and nimble, at the time it might've tip the scales at 742#, yup. Thats when I met Jerry, he also showed me the super trick front suspension. If JRO is in JDR it could be lights out. Alex Mayer drove the JDR at the Cat, he also looked very confident.

just hyped the JDR big time , the car is sick and JRO will certainly make it exciting, I'm assuming Jerry found what he needed!!

Liked: 20

Quote Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
    JR.....thanks for the kind words about our new car. We spent a lot of time designing and building what we think is a very good chassis. We are still in the development stage.....but with JRO in the car we have high expectations.

I hope you ment the car was "slick" not "sick"......although we did have a sick engine at the Cat.....and yes that has been taken care of.

Ten entries at the runoffs is good.....but I'm hoping for more......so everyone please keep trying to get quallified. Everyone who sees these cars is amazed at the speed and souind.....the class has a great future!

Jerry Hodges
    JDR Motorsport.com
    Jerry, in todays vernacular sick can be synonomous with slick!

Car looks great, can't wait to see it.

Liked: 151

Brian,

Are you still planning on attending the runoffs?

Liked: 20

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Brian,

Are you still planning on attending the runoffs?
    Yup! Entry should be in today.

We're now up to 11 entries!
    Jeremy Hill
    Jake Latham
    Brandon Dixon
    Dan Robinson
    Mike Beauchamp
    J.R. Osborne
    Brian Novak
    Juan Marchand
    Larry Vollum
    Terry Biner
    Michael Crowe

The 2012 Mystt F1000 National Championship is just 4 weeks away! More importantly, the deadline for early registration ends tomorrow. If you’re even thinking about entering, get your entry in tomorrow to save $200 on your entry. You’ll still have until September 4th to cancel and get a full refund. You can still register after tomorrow, but it will cost $200 more.[FONT=Arial]

[/FONT] If just three more drivers enter, and everyone makes it to the green flag on Sunday, F1000 history will have been made! Get your entry in to be a part of it!

[FONT=Arial]
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial]
    [/FONT]
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Don't look now, but we're currently at 14 entries!
    https://www.motorsportreg.com/index....1B8B17503A45AC

Remember, early registration ends tonight so if you're on the fence, sign up now and save $200. If September 4 rolls around and you can't make it, you get a full refund.

There's a few more guys that could make it. Who else is waiting until Labor Day to sign up?
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Liked: 11

Default Add 2 next year!

Add 2 next year.

Richard Franklin - Stohr F1000
    Tim Pierce - Firman RFR1000
    Working hard to enhance my Carbon Fiber footprint....
    2011 Stohr F1000
    www.Area81Racing.com

Oops, make that 15!

Richard, could you and Tim make it this year if you went to Barber?
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Liked: 11

Default Budget & Schedules will not allow a trip to Barber/Runoffs

Mike,

Unfortunately, the lack of tow fund & purse payout from F1000 Championship Series has forced Tim & I to think more local. Without airing dirty laundry, let's just say we've taken a hit on the finances (due to a certain entity not fulfilling it's obligations).

We're both are currently concentrating on the SEDIV SARRC Championship where we are running 2nd & 3rd in points.

Next year, we plan to enter a significant # of SCCA National events including the Runoffs (wherever they may be in 2013).

Thanks,
    Richard
    Last edited by Revs2-12k; 08.24.12 at 8:30 PM.
    Working hard to enhance my Carbon Fiber footprint....
    2011 Stohr F1000
    www.Area81Racing.com

Contributing Member Mike Devins's Avatar
    Liked: 29

as of today 15 entries - more than either FA or FC ...

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default That's just

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Devins View Post
    as of today 15 entries - more than either FA or FC ...

crazy talk!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information