Liked: 9

Default Info on 1965 LeGrand Mk3 F/C

Anyone remember this car. Came from San Diego to Seattle in 1975 .Pat Mooney raced it 1975-78 in the Pacific Northwest

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 291

are those Chassis Engineering wheels?

Liked: 322

New project??

That rear wing support scares me, especially since I will be behind this if it comes off!

LeGrand always had some cool cars, this is no exception.
    -John Allen
    Tacoma, WA
    '82 Royale RP31M
    (‘72 Royale RP16 stolen in 2022)

Liked: 9

Default LeGrand

Brad Green found this car hidden away. He is restoring it to race in Sovren. Not sure about the wheels, maybe centerlines? Wing and side cones would have to go if it was my car! I use to stay ahead of that car in my Lotus 18 back in 1975.

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 291

the fairings are so Costin-esque

Liked: 0

Default My 65 LeGrand

No worries on the wings falling off. I am going to make a cocktail table out of the rear one. I don't know what to do with the front pods yet.

Progress is being made. The frame is being cleaned up and a bent tube replaced. Pat lost it in 2 at SIR and tweeked the right rear corner. He fixed it and raced it more but it was kind of an ugly repair. I have been talking to Carter Penley in San Diego. He ran it very successfully between 1969 and @1973. He designed and built the original set of wings. They were way more subtle and cool looking. I have a couple pictures of the car during that period. The engine and trans are out being rebuilt. I am still looking for rear axles and rotors. They got lost in the 30 years it was sitting around. I am not sure on the wheels. They are light! I have had them cleaned and they are 2 piece anodised aluminum. I didn't find any markings on them. I would like to find some LeGrand wheels.

Thread Information