Thread: F1200 website

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

Default F1200 website

Is not being updated. In this day & age we need to keep it up to date at least within a week of the last race. The last written report is after the first race only. Who is managing this & why can't we keep it more current?

Not that I look there often but it is free advertising for our series. This info is important to get new blood in the future.
    Steve Bamford

Liked: 200

Steve, this is 90% my responsibility. I do agree with you. While I don't have a reasonable excuse for post Shannonville, post Mosport I have been on vacation and currently in China. Will post two updates including most recent points when I get back next weekend.
    Shane Viccary
    #27 Citation-Zink Z-16

Liked: 1

[FONT=Verdana]Hi Steve,[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Thank you for your post as you can appreciate, the website transferred hands at the beginning of the season and has been a challenge. It is certainly an ongoing process.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Just wanted to answer your questions.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Who is in charge of the website?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Radu is our webmaster and has done outstanding work thus far, we contracted his services in the off season. On the membership side both myself and Shane have took on volunteer roles of assisting Radu with all the information he needs and requires.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Why can’t we keep it more up to date?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]As Shane mentioned he is primarily responsible for content but I do not think that Shane should be the only one providing content. There has been many emails sent out for information that would be of great benefit for the website. We extended the deadline for submission of driver profiles 3 times and of the 23 drivers, less than half have been received. Emails with clear details and steps have been distributed to the membership outlining the procedure of getting photos and video footage to the website. Unfortunately there has been no content of that nature uploaded, there is plenty of on board footage on you tube but has not made it to our site.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]During all our winter meetings and captured in our meeting minutes, the website and its success is based on the commitment and contribution of everyone unfortunately this has been the biggest challenge.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]I hope this helps in clearing things up. It continues to be a ongoing process and more will be reviewed during the off season to provide ongoing success for the club and particular its website.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Eugene Cartini[/FONT]

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

Thanks,

I know it is a volunteer program, just thinking maybe we can use some writers who are at the track each weekend to get something posted up to date. Not sure if that will work or not but information as to previous & upcoming events would be good to see.

The web content is critical as many people do their research using websites these days. Old info is not of value.

Thanks to yourself & Shane who have done a fantastic job to get the site to where it is today. Just I think we can improve upon what we have.
    Steve Bamford

Race recaps added
    http://formula1200.com/

Full points are still to come, hopefully by the end of today
    Shane Viccary
    #27 Citation-Zink Z-16

Liked: 36

Getting input will always be difficult,its like this FTDA site only a small percentage participate of the FTDA group.I used to be a talk show freak on the radio and only 2% of regular listeners participate according to stats,maybe an email to all FTDA members should be sent out asking them to participate a bit more on this site etc.

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4346

I thought the winter discussion conclusion was that spending some resources on outside supply of material had support from the group. It seems like an unfair burden for Shane and Eugene.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

For the record, I don't mind doing the updates as I have been. The only stipulation is that since I have a full time job on top of AVR (not to mention a personal life as well, including a wife!), the updates will be done at my convenience. I understand that this doesn't always look professional if updates come weeks after the event, but that's how it's going to be with volunteers.

On that note, points are updated. Keep in mind these are not official as there may be drivers included that are not current members. Also, drivers who have not raced, but are members are not currently listed either.

http://formula1200.com/championship/standings/

Getting close up front! Bamford was the big winner on the last weekend, so all the top three are now tightened up.
    Shane Viccary
    #27 Citation-Zink Z-16

Liked: 15

Just read the race recaps. Well written except for the fact that my name is KAPELKE not KEPELKE Get it right Shane or I might mistake if you know what I mean!!!

Liked: 51

Default F1200 Website

Hello Shane

I noticed spelling error should be Desmond not Desmend (should get my driver profile done like Engene said)

Thanks Desmond

Quote Originally Posted by blackhole View Post
    Just read the race recaps. Well written except for the fact that my name is KAPELKE not KEPELKE Get it right Shane or I might mistake if you know what I mean!!!
    Corrected! I wouldn't want to have any other mistakes arrise...!
    Quote Originally Posted by fvhopeful View Post
    Hello Shane

I noticed spelling error should be Desmond not Desmend (should get my driver profile done like Engene said)

Thanks Desmond
    Sorry Desmond, consider it fixed!
    Shane Viccary
    #27 Citation-Zink Z-16

Liked: 36

So Kevin has a healthy lead in the MASTERS CLASS....Iv'e just just been playing with him....... next 3 races Im gonna get the WOMER!!!!! PLAN A..oil release valve built to drop oil ..PLAN B..blades on sides of rear wheels!! PLAN C..pay Phil Wang to take him out in corner 2Congratulations to Shane for spelling O'Hanlon right

Thread Information