Thread: GLC Gingerman

Liked: 0

Default GLC Gingerman

Saw a couple of good races with our CFC guys battling it out in the heat and some interesting racing in the FC group as well. Saw Carlos get FC pole and not finish so well then saw him qualify not so well and press Steve while finishing second in class. Good racing, too hot weather on Friday and Saturday, great food, thanks Keith and Kim! We enjoyed crewing and hearing everyones war stories but are looking forward to joining you on the track for some stories of our own....one of these days. We appreciate the input for ideas on our engine malaise, I am betting on Keith's hypothesis,stay tuned. Turn down the heat and head for Waterford or Mid Ohio. Gingerman track gets kudos for working with large group of people and maintaining the infrastructure! I was watching for enjoyment, someone else will have to fill in the results. By the way Jamie, I was the one who drew your name for the half off entry, I accept gratuities....a coke will be fine

Liked: 610

Default GLC Gingerman

For you who were not there, here is the rest of the story.
    Chuck and Michael had a serious engine over-heating issue, that they found during some testing on Friday (and not just because of the very hot outside temps). Lucky for Carlos Franca's weekend, they stayed to enjoy the races (and Kim's Saturday GLC lunch too). When Carlos had a head-gasket go in Sat morning qualifing, they jumped right in and helped him change it in plenty of time to meet the afternoon race.
    During Saturdays race, Carlos made a late race visit to the sand-traps and at that point wanted to call it a weekend. Once again, the Baden's jumped in (along with one of the Franca boys who was there for the weekend), helped remove 25 +Lbs. of sand, get the car washed and change the gears that were not long enough anyway. How could Carlos quit now. For Sundays race, he challenged eventual GLC FC class winner Steve Myers until the red-flag stop, late in the race.
    These two really made the difference for someone else last weekend and I would like to thank them very much for it.
    And yes, a couple of 88 Reynards (CFC but as this was a National, listed as FC), spanked all the other FC's, the S-2000's and some FE, FB, and D/SR's.
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Liked: 19

Default Reynards Sweep Gingerman Nationals

As Keith says Reynards finished 1-2 in FC both days. When was the last time that happened at a National? Tim Gaffney took the win Saturday over Greg Rempel while Greg had the advantage on Sunday. Proof that the old cars are still competitive in the right hands.

Default GLC Gingerman

Steve forgot to mention that he was top dog for FC, in the GLC, both days. Jason Bach is finding his speed after a number of years away from the track (same car though). Bill Wise is getting better each time out. Had a mechanical issue that was better solved by not beating on it and sitting out for Sundays race. I spoke with some from around the lake who were interested in what we had going in the GLC and that we had car numbers to race against. I know for some, the tow would be too long but maybe next year they can join us for those events on the western side of Michigan.
    Overall, the event was well attended in most classes.
    Last I heard was they had 171 entries for Saturday.
    Lost a few for Sunday.
    Friday was screaming hot !!
    Next one is way off, double regional, Sept. 1-2 at Mid-Ohio.
    Keith
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Liked: 0

kea said;
    Next one is way off, double regional, Sept. 1-2 at Mid-Ohio.

need a filler two Waterfords maybe?

I'll be back from Taxifornia [the bankrupt] for MO

I'm taking testosterone injections to prep for next year ...

Default GLC

Reddog,
    You just missed a Waterford weekend. Melissa, Bruce and Rob there tuning up.
    The next one there (2 weeks) is a Vintage race, so either you use the National at Grattan next month (11-12) or wait until Aug 25-26, which is a week before the Mid-Ohio event.
    Keith
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Thread Information