Thread: Scott R at SBS

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Default Scott R at SBS

I have used Scott's batteries for many years.

always first class service and reliable product.

Thought that my most recent one hyad gone to battery heaven too soon.

Talked to Scott, sent it to him and he checked a whole bunch of things, charged it, load tested it and let it sit in his place for 2 weeks to make sure it stayede up.

At the end, he promised me that he would double check it himself and if there was any hint of trouble, he would send me a new battery.

Got it back, put it in the car today and cranks like a monster.

We think we figured out that the problem was that the lead terminals had developed an oxide on them and were not alowing current in to charge or current out to run starter. Polished em with wire brush and wallaha

Liked: 1432

Scotty is the man. Always willing to help a guy out and go the extra mile, even if he is racing against him.

I have an SBS battery in my car, and at the Sprints it went all weekend without charging it, including the nightmare of a race where I had turned it off and restarted it at least six times. Turned out the battery charger was on the fritz and I didn't find out until we got home. I wouldn't suggest it, but nice to know it can crank and run the car for a whole weekend.

Thread Information