Liked: 0

Default Why race with the FRCCA? The Economy!

Looking at other clubs regionals to see what they get. It costs as much for gas and food, car prep etc. to race any place, with everything thrown in the cost/weekend what do you really get for an entire weekend?
    Marrs you get about 35 laps (3-4 times on track) at SP, NNJRS you'll get about 50 laps at Lightning, with the FRCCA you'll get 100 laps (7+ times on track) at SP and a race each day. With practice sessions long enough to come in make a change and go back out! Last race I broke a throttle, towed back, fixed and ran 10 more laps!
    FRCCA is 100 laps at SP for $400 = $4/lap, Marrs is 85% more ($7.42) per lap, and if your working on something forget another session to check your changes, with them you'll be using the race. Obviously I look at this from a Formula car perspective, we don't have fenders like specracers and s2000 to share the track with.
    ...and forget the safety or quality arguments, I've been racing with this club for three years, they have a gentleman's passing rules. I cringe when my friends come back from another race and describe the wrecks, and for what, we are doing this for a $10 trophy. (unless your 17 and going for national runoffs) FRCCA matches the cars on track so much better too.
    ...and the quality of drivers, I'd like to see a race with the FRCCA guys against the regional and many national cars from any club. We run spec gears and tires in the FF class, the tires last almost a season!
    FRCCA Races at different tracks too, this year: 2 tracks at SP, BeaverRun, Lightning, Pocono.
    Now compare all this to a circle track car which cost more than a formula car and you have to spend several hundred on it to fix it for most races, it looks like the FRCCA may be the most cost effective racing there is!
    Last edited by FV55; 06.23.11 at 10:28 AM. Reason: typo

Contributing Member
    Liked: 46

In the Northwest: International Conference of Sports Car Clubs (ICSCC) The "Conference" racing entry: $285/weekend which works out to 85 min of track time with FF orbiting at 1min 36 sec./lap. Seattle, other tracks more laps with quicker lap times. The nice thing: if you don't put a wheel on the track-for any reason, you get ALL your money back.
    Last edited by Albatross; 06.23.11 at 12:35 PM. Reason: spelling

Liked: 13

The FRCCA holds two (2) complete races on the one weekend. It allows for twice the excitement in the one weekend. Also, if you do not get it right on Saturday, you have Sunday to "Get even". FRCCA racing, just all Formula car classes and NO politics. Come see how they do that!

Quote Originally Posted by Albatross View Post
    In the Northwest: International Conference of Sports Car Clubs (ICSCC) The "Conference" racing entry: $285/weekend which works out to 85 min of track time with FF orbiting at 1min 36 sec./lap. Seattle, other tracks more laps with quicker lap times.
    Thats pretty good but still more expensive at $5/lap, but thats all the way across the country, $950 for gas towing! Maybe when I retire and travel the country racing!

Are there any races or ttacksput on the eastcoast?

Liked: 62

Unsure if your question is in relation to the FRCCA or the ISCCC, but all the FRCCA info can be found on their web-site:

http://www.formularacecarclubofamerica.com/

Liked: 18

Default enjoyable, fun filled formula car racing

If you have a formula racecar, any class, you are welcomed to try a FRCCA event without ANY changes to your racecar. Our next race will be at the Summit Point Raceway at the Summit Point Motorsports Park in Summit Point, WV on June 23rd and another complete raceday on June 24th; two complete racedays with almost two hours of track-time EACH day! You will be treated to many makes and models of Formula racecars with close competition that is both challenging and safe.

Default Entry list is expanding

What a pleasent surprise as many formula car drivers from other race clubs are signing up in record numbers to race the Summit Point Raceway on June 23 & 24. Two complete races in two days, but you could do only one, either way you will get almost two hours of track-time per day!

Liked: 23

Bud,
    PM sent.
    Hughie

Liked: 174

Any chance you'll make it to Beaverun this year?

Mark

Liked: 5

Default Beaverun August 18 and 19

Their full schedule can be found here;

http://www.formularacecarclubofameri...ouncement2.pdf

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 15

Looking forward to this weekend
    Fresh engine, fresh tyres, it's only me that's old and tired!
    Will need all the help I can get to get back in the points battle with FP/A

Liked: 5

we may be getting older but we are wiser. See you there.

Liked: 22

See ya there. Still working on it but looks like it will get done with the help of my chief mechanic and expert brake bleeder!!

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 15

great racing this weekend plus perfect weather at summit point
    good strong fields in all classes
    can't wait to do it all again in 3 weeks at NJMSP and don"t forget all formula cars are welcome
    and as a bonus this event will be hosted be IMG so if you know someone who wants to throw
    they street car around a race track tell them to get in touch with Charlie Greenhouse
    at imgracing.com to register

Default 20 plus C/F

I am still hoping to see more C/F at the Lightening track on July 14 & 15. It is much less problem for the SCCA racecars to attend our event then the other way round. Hopefully, we will see more attendance at the NJMP because it is closer to the Northeast drivers that are trying to get a large field together. The FRCCA will bring many C/F racecars and would enjoy racing against some SCCA drivers. The more competition the more fun we will all have.

Default Lets go racing

July 14th and 15th More cars equals more fun for all Formula car classes. Sports cars are also welcome. For more info please go to our website (Home Formula car club of America)

Default Will see you on the 14th

Gentlemen,

I will be back to observe on the 14th. I'll be hanging around and asking more stupid questions. Pulled my Lola T340 out of mothballs and started putting her back together so I can come and play. If you look under the Club Ford forum "Lola T 340 Help" you'll see my ride in her bare form. Any help from you other Lola owners will be appreciated too.

Randall

Default Lola

Randall,check with Dani Jackson.She is an experienced Lola driver and wrench.If she is not driving,she usually works false grid.Let me know if I can help eith the Lola.Rich Schwegler

Default Thanks

Thanks everyone that have jumped in to offer advice on my Lola. I'll see you all at NJMP and Rich, I may need your advice/help down the road once I get my shop set up in Philly.

Randall

Thread Information