Contributing Member
    Liked: 9

Default Tramel Bar Mounting ideas

Was hoping to get some suggestions on how best to mount a tramel bar (for car set-up) to the rear of a MK8-9 Hewland. Does someone out in forum land have some pics or ideas of how to mount a cross bar and do I need to figure the dimension vertical as well to get to the center of the axle for mounting a bar off the end of a early FF.
    Thanks for any help

Liked: 123

I made mine so it bolts to the two top shifter cover bolts. That height seemed to work out very close to the center height of the wheels. Finding center on your car I leave to you - I decided the gearbox was perfectly centered in my car (it was real close, to be sure) and went from there. I just welded a little tab of 1/8" aluminium with the appropriate shape and holes to a piece of 1" square 6061-T6 tube. I installed some pivot points for the line to wrap on, and stealing a great idea, I bought a couple of cheap tape measures, took the tape out and put in heavy fishing line, and now have automatic string dispensers permanently mounted on one of the bars.

Brian

Liked: 0

Default Tramel Bar Mounting

Here are some shots of how I did it. Works great and is perfectly repeatable.
    Murray
    Murray Chalmers Miss Lola's kept man.

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Somebody wants their ball, yet knows to stay away from the strings

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl DeArman View Post
    Somebody wants their ball, yet knows to stay away from the strings
    Yes Daryl; That is the late great Angel Face the best track dog ever.
    Murray
    Murray Chalmers Miss Lola's kept man.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 9

Many Thanks, appreciate the ideas Brian and Murray, Picture is worth a thousand words !

Thread Information