Thread: CSR Development

Liked: 8

Default CSR Development

Hey! I get to be the first ever poster to this category.

I will post a few pics of my CSR project that is currently under way. Bassed on an FM, the first part of the project is to develop the bodywork and underbody. The chassis, although pretty robust is not conducive to modern ride height management so critical to a SR today. The car has been designed to use pushrod all round.

Just this week I have finished the rear deck and air intake systems. Molds will be made by the weekend. Next step is to finish off the matching cockpit and side pods, get them into molds, then finish off the front end....Prototype under trays and tunnels have been made so the project moves forward.

The bodywork will fit directly on an FM, however the tunnels are compromised and the amount of vertical travel the chassis encourages will not produce much downforce...or at least with FM wheel rates. With super stiff springs all round, change front suspension to antidive, you might get a car that'll work, but the full works need to be done to make the car any way near competitive.

So here is a link to some pics on photobucket. Lots more to come.

http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/f...CSR%20Project/

Thanks, Tom
    Last edited by brownslane; 06.20.12 at 3:18 PM. Reason: adding thoughts
    Tom Owen
    Owner - Browns Lane and Racelaminates.com

Liked: 41

Good luck with the FM/CSR project. Interesting that FM min weight is 1350 while the CSR could be 1300. Now to find that 50#
    Craig Farr
    2006 Stohr WF1 P2
    FARROUT Racing

Liked: 8

Craig, there is almost #50 in extra stuff in the chassis! hehe. I have removed the floor diagonals and am welding in a steel floor. Stiffer and lighter. Rear frame is gone with a lighter frame added. Lighter calipers, rotors etc. Of course there is also more than twice the bodywork...so meeting min weight will be a big challenge. The driver is in a diet as well

Best, Tom
    Tom Owen
    Owner - Browns Lane and Racelaminates.com

Thread Information