Liked: 1417

Default New Sports Racer Forums!

]I can honestly say that over the recent years, we have had more requests for a Sports Racer section of ApexSpeed than any other section as we have built this site to be what it is today. I have always debated internally about this, because I felt that we were strictly an open-wheel formula car site, and with other SR and S2000 boards out there, we didn't need to add to the noise unnecessarily. A few years ago, we even had discussions with one of the other boards about combining the communities—it never materialized, obviously.

There have been more rumblings over the last few months, with increasingly more requests for a Sports Racer section here on ApexSpeed. Well, your requests have not gone unnoticed.

So here you go! If there is enough traffic here and interest from the class participants, we will build this section up more with more specific sections, like some of the other formula classes. If the need/want arises, we will also consider breaking the forum up into the respective classes, including S2000. There is so much overlap with their open-wheeled siblings, it just makes sense to invite the Sports Racer cars into ApexSpeed.

We hope this new forum grows and develops into a strong component of the ApexSpeed community, and we warmly welcome all Sports Racers into our home.

-ApexSpeed

All photos by Dennis Valet:

Liked: 208

Default Great Idea!

I like the addition of sports racers. Any purpose built race cars work for me.

Would love to see some vintage cars be made available here.
    Ralph Z
    1968 Alexis Mk14 Formula Ford

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 291

Default good move

more to read!

Contributing Member
    Liked: 131

Default Excellent

Always loved S2's.
    Stephen Adams
    RF92 Van Diemen FFord
    1980 Lola T540 FFord

Liked: 0

Default Sports Racer

Will this include SRF?
    It is easy to enjoy life when you are rich,

It is more rewarding when your not.

Cory

It will include all purpose-built fendered race cars, so yes, SRF and S2000 are included. I will probably make some subforums later today so it is more obvious that there are multiple classes invited to ApexSpeed.

I have been a member of ApexSpeed since 2006 and currently run a SRF. I think it is great that ApexSpeed is inviting Sports racers to it's community.
    It is easy to enjoy life when you are rich,

It is more rewarding when your not.

Cory

Liked: 2

Default Works

This works for me !!

Contributing Member lmpdesigner's Avatar
    Liked: 34

Default Love this!

Having a VD FC car and a Norma CSR car this is great news!!

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Sounds like a plan to me

Liked: 1

Very happy about this, I recently made the move from FF to SR, one of the reasons is that on the east coast of Canada, to test or shakedown on any interesting tracks during club type events (read affordable), you can only run closed wheel cars. I'm not saying that you can't test on nice tracks, but you basically need to rent the track. It's nice to test where you will race.

Besides, at tracks like Calabogie and others, SR run with Formula Libres!

Thanks Apex

Classifieds Super License Messenger Racing's Avatar
    Liked: 160

Default Sportsracer Challenge Thanks Apexspeed!

I want to thank Apexspeed for this initiative. I agree, most of these cars share common components, architecture, and expertise so it makes sense to broaden the audience.

Jay Messenger
    Sportsracer Challenge
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

Liked: 2

Might convert my Z-10 into a sports racer so I vote YES for sports racer forums!

Lance

I have searched the web for good information on DSR racecars and I have not found a ton of information. I would love to see this added to APEXSPEED.

This thread was announcing the SR forums... they are already on ApexSpeed, guys!

Liked: 309

Quote Originally Posted by LanceKTM950 View Post
    Might convert my Z-10 into a sports racer so I vote YES for sports racer forums! Lance
    Lance, I have a converted Z-10 C-Sports Racer, so can give you a little encouragement. With their 64" width and 90" wb lots of bodies will fit, but I recommend sticking with the Ford engine. I have a VW SuperVee 1.8L, but a Kent with sidedrafts will make the same power or more and is a no-brainer.

I don't recommend a motorcycle engine conversion, though, as the chassis is too heavy. Two of them were done that I know of, but neither really worked out. Maybe a big 'busa, but that's a lot of money for a cheap chassis...

Another option is to convert it to a SuperVee formula car and run in FA, though again the car will be underpowered and overweight. Such is the life of a Zink lover!
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Default Sports Racers

Great move. Coverage of CSR and the Prototype lite series would be fantastic.

Default Welcome News, Indeed.

I have started to build an LMP2 style road car and would welcome the opportunity of additional information and input from other members.

Thread Information