Thread: Carb question

Liked: 94

Default Carb question

I'm chasing my tail trying to get my Vee to start/run. I have confirmed spark, compression, and fuel to the carb. I can't confirm fuel to the cylinders. Suspecting that I might not be getting fuel out of the carb, I tried starting with a full charge on the battery, pumped the hell out of the throttle and then pulled plugs. They're bone dry and have no fuel odor.

I've disassembled the carb twice, cleaned it thoroughly, etc. No changes. The only piece I can't get out to clean is the emulsion tube and I'm not sure how that is removed. Any help?

Also, does anyone know of a carburetor that is for sale/available or even a spare that I could "borrow" to bolt in and see if I can get the car to fire?

Thanks,
    Matt

Liked: 20

How did you confirm fuel to the carb?

If the carb is full and you pump the throttle you should see a squirt of fuel every time you pump the throttle. You will obviously need to do this with air filter off and at the carb linkage unless you have really really long legs. If fuel is squirting in there it will run if your sure you have the other things.
    Mark Filip

Liked: 58

Default CARB

Matt

Give me a call. In the shop today. Happy to work with you

Dietmar
    619 561 7774

Liked: 5

the carb runs dry sometimes eather pour 1/2 oz of fuel down the carb or hold your hand over the carb to choke it while turning it over to get fuel in .if it runs for 10-15 seconds then shuts off maby check the fuel pump.

Quote Originally Posted by fvracer27 View Post
    How did you confirm fuel to the carb?

If the carb is full and you pump the throttle you should see a squirt of fuel every time you pump the throttle. You will obviously need to do this with air filter off and at the carb linkage unless you have really really long legs. If fuel is squirting in there it will run if your sure you have the other things.
    Confirmed fuel to the carb by removing the cover over the bowl after rebuilding the carb. Fuel in the bowl and float floating. Also removed the fuel line at the carb, cranked the engine and got fuel pumping into a shop rag.

That's what I'm missing.....the squirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dietmar View Post
    Matt

Give me a call. In the shop today. Happy to work with you

Dietmar
    619 561 7774
    Will do, Dietmar. 5 minutes to get back downstairs. Thanks.

By the way.....I figured out how to get the emulsion tube out. I removed air correction jet, removed the main jet and carrier, blew compressed air in the main jet hole and the tube came right out.

Thread Information