Contributing Member
    Liked: 60

Default June Sprints Thread

Good Luck to all of the FB competitors at the June Sprints

Liked: 151

Looks like it is just Brandon, Dan and Mike there this year.

Contributing Member

Default Competitors

I was thinking that Grant Greenfield would be there. Is Coop there with a car?
    Are there results from practice?

Coop is focusing on the pro series. Don't know greenfield. Brandon went 2:08 then Dan then Mike.

Liked: 309

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Brandon went 2:08 then Dan then Mike.
    Wren, did you note any C/DSR times? Thx! Stan
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

From memory, so I'm not 100% but lee Alexander was fastest with a 2 and then JlL with a higher 2. I think forrer was next.

Liked: 14

Lee still pedaling a DSR ? Gonna hurt alot of arguments on the SR site if the DSR is still faster this year after they have been saying that the CSR's are much faster this year.

sorry not the place for this debate.
    Kevin Firlein Autosport,Inc.
    Runoffs 1 Gold 3 Silver 3 bronze, 8 Divisional , 6 Regional Champs , 3x Drivers of the year awards

Contributing Member

Default Live timing

Thanks Wren!

And Mike...I'll use that link tomorrow.
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

From memory, so I'm not 100% but lee Alexander was fastest with a 2 and then JlL with a higher 2. I think forrer was next.
    I spoke to someone at the track who had a copy of Q1 results. He read them off in rapid succession, but I think I got the gist of it...

French CSR 2:02.7
    Alexander DSR 2:02.9
    Miller CSR 2:03
    Jean-Luc CSR 2:03
    Forrer/French? CSR 2:03
    Loshak DSR 2:05
    Bootz DSR 2:05

Q2 is tomorrow morning 0850-0915 CDT. Their race starts tomorrow at about 1530 CST.
    Last edited by Stan Clayton; 06.15.12 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Any errors are mine, of course! ;^)
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Contributing Member

Default Q2 FB times

Dixon 2:07.158
    Robinson 2:13.926
    Beauchamp 2:14.394

I am not a fan of Race-Monitor and think it is crap. It does not list the competitors by fastest time.

Mike, there is a small white podium-shaped icon up near the top right of the display that you can click to have it show by fastest lap. You have to periodically refresh the view, but it does work.
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Brandon had to start from the back after the rain delay for making repairs to the car during the black flag.

Heterochromic Papillae starkejt's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Holland View Post

I am not a fan of Race-Monitor and think it is crap. It does not list the competitors by fastest time.
    It will. Touch the icon on the top right to toggle that. If it is a stopwatch, it is sorted by fast lap. If it is a podium, it is sorted by position. The one next to it toggles whether the classes are displayed separately or lumped together.

Heterochromic Papillae starkejt's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Oops I somehow missed Stan.

Liked: 1

Default Never seen this before

Brandon had to start from the back after the rain delay for making repairs to the car during the black flag.
    I didn't even know you couldn't fix anything during a 'black flag ALL'. But it is pretty clear in the GCR:

[FONT=Univers-Bold][FONT=Univers-Bold]6.7.2. Assistance During Race Session Stoppage[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Univers][FONT=Univers]Replenishing or assisting cars is allowed after a practice or qualifying [/FONT]
    [FONT=Univers]session is stopped and before it is restarted, but not after a race session [/FONT][FONT=Univers]is stopped and before it is restarted.[/FONT]

[/FONT]
    As I said, I've never seen this enforced.

Read literally, this could mean no starter batteries, no pushing the car, no cleaning the driver's visor, etc. All those are certainly 'assisting'.

Liked: 2

Default Mike B

Very cool that Mike Beauchamp will be recorded on the stone tablets of history as the June Sprints runner-up.

Ken
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Paul LeCain View Post
    I didn't even know you couldn't fix anything during a 'black flag ALL'. But it is pretty clear in the GCR:

[FONT=Univers-Bold][FONT=Univers-Bold]6.7.2. Assistance During Race Session Stoppage[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Univers][FONT=Univers]Replenishing or assisting cars is allowed after a practice or qualifying [/FONT]
    [FONT=Univers]session is stopped and before it is restarted, but not after a race session [/FONT][FONT=Univers]is stopped and before it is restarted.[/FONT]

[/FONT]
    As I said, I've never seen this enforced.

Read literally, this could mean no starter batteries, no pushing the car, no cleaning the driver's visor, etc. All those are certainly 'assisting'.
    He knew it was a rule but didn't have a lot of options. The different roll out on the Hoosier rain tires necessitates working on the car. My personal opinion is that starting from the back was the right thing to make him do.

I have run into the issue of what constitutes help before. At a race at vir a few years ago during a black flag thy decided to allow the drivers some water and even brought it out to us which was great as it was incredibly hot. Then as I unhooked his HANS clips and radio they started yelling at me about working on the car. I told them what I was doing and everything was cool but it is easy to have a misunderstanding.

I am also told that there was some confusion during this race about whether or not people could return to their pit space to change tires. Everyone who did had to start from the back as well.

Liked: 14

I can tell you at VIR in 09 at the double nat our FC got assaulted by a FA and shattered our diffuser and broke our rear wing. The parts landed on the ca that was right behind. Race was black flagged to pick up the other other car involved. In the pitlane the following car was screaming at me for all the parts that Rob shed, as if it was some sort of bat mobile trick to shed our diffuser and rear wing to try and make a mistake. pitlane worker came by and watched me survery the damage and asked what I was gonna do and I said nothing since I couldnt touch the car. ( we ended up winning with the rear wing hanging off the car, I just never told Rob it was broke, I knew it would hold) But the crew for the car behind went to remove our diffuser from their car and the worker wouldnt let him which of course started the berating all over again.

I have never seen them not allow you to plug in or push away a hot car but by the rules they could
    Kevin Firlein Autosport,Inc.
    Runoffs 1 Gold 3 Silver 3 bronze, 8 Divisional , 6 Regional Champs , 3x Drivers of the year awards

Default Who Won??

Can anyone post the results of the race?? I had to leave the track to get back to work, Did the weather go as bad as it looked like it was going to?

George

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Brandon, Mike, Dan.

Thanks

Liked: 43

FB = cloud seeding device in Wisconsin.
    I'm not sure what the record is for the longest race duration is in the Junesprints but this one had to be close to it. From the results sheet:

Race Duration 1:37:14.965
    Average Speed 32.082 mph

On the positive side of things. The FB podium celebration maintained the F 1000 standards by dousing the nearest female to the podium. Unfortunately this female also happened to be the event photagrapher. Even though we were warned not to spray the photographer, after the soaking we had during the event, we didn't want her to be left out. I didn't know you could spray a distance of 15 to 20 feet but judging on what her backside looked like we didn't miss with much. The look on her face when she turned around mimic'd that of a wet cat. NOT HAPPY!! My thoughts, this is club racing, welcome to the club!

Liked: 352

Yes it does.

It defaults to race mode but in the upper right hand corner you can change it to qualify mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Holland View Post

Peter Olivola
    (polivola@gmail.com)

Thread Information