Classifieds Super License Messenger Racing's Avatar
    Liked: 160

Default FE Sportsracer Series Debut!

Yes it is going to happen!

We will be having the first two races of the the Sportsracer Challenge featuring the SCCA Enterprises Formula E car in its sports racer version. The race will be in conjunction with the

Freedom Sprints Double National at High Plains Raceway June 30 and July 1.
    http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...C0C3B16043A48D

Not only is it going to happen, some guys with pretty long "Pro Racing" resumes will be joining in the fun. Can you say: Chris Funk, Mike Davies, Keith Scharf (notice I didn't mention an old guy from Muleshoe, Texas but yes he will be running also).

This race will be run within the "Wings and Things" race group but will utilize a separate split start and podium ceremony.

Contingency will be available from Mazda and Hoosier in addition to raffle prizes and some serious brow beating/ridiculing Saturday evening at the KC Racing Hospitality trailer provided by Chris Funk and Kelly Toombs - owners of KC Racing.

There has been a lot of talk about the need for a class of real sports racers where the driver makes the difference and the car has low operating costs, high resale value, and simple maintainance. This is the place!

In addition to the race we hope to use this event as an organizational meeting of interested parties. I hope to have representatives of Enterprises and SCCA present to participate in our discussions about this exciting venture.

While the Sportsracer Challenge series is my concept, it is designed in a manner that can be duplicated anywhere within the SCCA system. We are following the SCCA rulebook, participating in SCCA events, and utilizing SCCA event personel. I am simply the organizer/ cheerleader/ abuse taker/ spokesman for the group.

If you are interested feel free to contact me, Eric Skirmants at SCCA Enterprises http://www.scca-enterprises.com/ or any of the drivers/teams listed below. If you are in the area, please come by at High Plains and try one of the cars on for size (used car salesman smile inserted here).

I think you will like what you see!

Early entries (prep shop/driver):
    KC Racing - Chris Funk
    KC Racing - Keith Scharf
    Surface Exploration/Chris Doyle - Mike Davies
    Surface Exploration/Chris Doyle - Rand Donahoo
    Messenger Racing/Thinkfastbook.com - Jay Messenger

See you at High Plains.

Sportsracer Challenge
    Jay Messenger
    Muleshoe, Texas USA
    806-946-7252
    muleshoeracer [at] yahoo dot com
    Last edited by Messenger Racing; 06.22.12 at 10:32 PM.
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

Liked: 8

Default Best

Guys, I wish you all a great race! Let's hope this is just the beginning of some great FE SR racing to come!

Tom
    Tom Owen
    Owner - Browns Lane and Racelaminates.com

Default Sportsracer Challenge - You bet!

Thanks Tom, yes we are having our organizational/inaugural/exhibition/just-cause-we-want-to gathering next weekend at High Plains Raceway near Denver.

The goal of our core group is to raise the awareness for this fun car and fill a niche in the Sportsracer ladder. It has been very interesting to see that the primary interest in this car is coming from the SRF crowd.

I hope to have some photos of the cars and some photos (isn't that the way most of our fellow racers read - by looking at the pictures?) after the event.
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

Liked: 896

Congratulation Jay and good luck with all your efforts.

Jay Novak

Default It's Here!

Our inaugural Sportsracer Challenge event is happening this weekend at High Plains Raceway. This should be a great time to show off the cars and spread the word about our fun, fast and cost effective sports racing group.

One thing we want interested parties to do is come by and check out the cars, sit in them, meet the people and talk to us about where we would like to see this concept go. If you are at High Plains this weekend, please stop by and look up Chris Doyle, Chris Funk, Mike Davies, Keith Sharf or myself. I think most of us will be there for the Friday test day as well.

As of today the entire CSR field consists of Sportsracer Challenge cars for the High Plains race. That means the Sportsracer Challenge cars will be eligible for the full Mazda and Hoosier contingency awards. The winners will be running for a total of $1,000 from Mazda and 4 tires from Bruce and the guys at Hoosier. In addition Mazda will also be paying down through 3rd place with their contingency program.

In addition to some cool swag from Sportsracer Challenge, Neil Roberts of Think Fast Engineering has donated copies of his book
    Think Fast – The Racer’s Why-To Guide to Winning for our Hospitality raffle.

Jay Messenger
    Sportsracer Challenge
    806-946-7252
    Last edited by Messenger Racing; 06.25.12 at 4:48 PM.
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

Thread Information