Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FF results

Liked: 99

The Dulon always needs fresh tires, especially the rear. You will find 2+ sec easily with stickers.
    Brandon L. #96 FF
    -PM me for RF85/86 bellhousing

Liked: 13

Quote Originally Posted by bassracer View Post
    The Dulon always needs fresh tires, especially the rear. You will find 2+ sec easily with stickers.
    Thanks for the info, I think - we'll be budgeting for a good number of tires, but hopefully not THAT many. Mark did say to expect 40-ish R25B runs before they start to fall off. A 2+ sec drop is definitely something to look forward to!

Quote Originally Posted by CM/FFdriver View Post
    5 months of no driving, how do you guy do that?
    It's not all bad - some down time can be a good thing, especially for organizers - gives you time to do other stuff and recharge. And there is always indoor karting and/or iRacing

Liked: 9

Quote Originally Posted by bassracer View Post
    The Reynard used to be that way. Then I changed some things last winter. The cliff moved out to 70 runs. There was certainly give up between run 40 and run 70, but not "turning all the knobs to keep it pointed forward" give up.

Liked: 15

Default Fun with FF...

At Roebling...
    https://vimeo.com/190435481

At The FIRM...
    https://vimeo.com/191890391

I live between them / could be worse!

Following up from post #75/78, we finally got to experience warm Hoosiers yesterday and it was good

Here's our co-driver setting FTD for the PittRace Match Tour and a decent top 20 pax out of those who ran Sunday morning:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIOafxTUb1I
    The six test & tune runs on Friday were Greg's first runs in the car, so pretty impressive imho, though he does have some FSAE time and plenty of quality autox experience to build on.

Here's an updated friction circle plot:

green - old R25B's on Cumberland asphalt
    red - new R888's on PittRace asphalt (bought these as 'non-comp' / rain tires vs old slicks or wets I'd probably never use)
    blue - new R25B's on PittRace asphalt

Still plenty to learn and look forward to going forward through the year.

6. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 3

Nice to meet you and your wife this weekend, John. Nice driving, and that Dulon is a gorgeous car. Looking forward to running against you again in September
    Dave T | 1999 SFR Dragon SR1

Quote Originally Posted by BRODA View Post
    Nice to meet you and your wife this weekend, John. Nice driving, and that Dulon is a gorgeous car. Looking forward to running against you again in September
    Likewise! Though my driving was not where I'd like it to be and I can't really take any credit for the condition of the car

Glad to see Jeff's video posted. I got very inconsistent gps data this weekend, but was able to compare some speeds. I was definitely under driving the slalom and first turn. I don't think I'm 'calibrated' to Hoosiers yet and my gearing wasn't doing me any favors in the slalom either. I may break down and add a rev limiter for the next event.

For those interested, here are Dave's co-driver's runs - the left is 3rd best in Bump4 (behind only the Davis CSPs)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N15X8zjf2k
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqelsbKnV1U

Liked: 65

Our local events are usually on a tiny air strip that's very bumpy and slippery, but yesterday we got to go out to the Gimli raceway (right where the Gimli glider first touched down). Even on very dead tires, I had a blast!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tinLcl0wIzo

I'm getting more comfortable with the car, but still not the level I've had with most cars with fenders. I'll have new tires in 2 weeks while at an event in Alberta. I'm REALLY looking forward to that!

Liked: 65

A group of 6 of us from our local club traveled a couple provinces over to a regional event in Calgary, AB.

It was a unique event, with four runs on one course in the morning on Saturday, then it was reversed and we ran another four. Your best from the AM and the PM were added, much like the different days at Nationals. Then the same thing on Sunday. Four runs each on four different courses in two days. Not bad!

Here's a compilation video. Unfortunately I missed the Sunday AM runs due to my error. So the first clip is Saturday AM, second is Saturday PM, and third is Sunday PM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEqSSdFZe-o

I cringe when I see how far I was off the cones in the first right turn on the third video. But, that was still my fastest. Those runs got me FTD in all four sessions (I was in one of few formula cars there) and 7th in PAX on Saturday and 11th in PAX on Sunday. I'm pretty happy considering I've never done that well in PAX with this car and it was on relatively low-grip pavement!

Bad news: One side of a tire rack pulled out of the wall of my trailer and fell on my car on the way home. Arrgghh! Amazingly, no mechanical damage to the car! The corner of the bouncing rack chewed an ugly hole in the tail fiberglass while the rear tire took part of the load. It sucks, but it could have been WAY worse. Both racks will receive through-bolts before the trailer moves again.

11. The following members LIKED this post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information