Liked: 190

Default Campbell Evolution # 214, The "NBA"

Basic assembly began on Larry Campbell's 14th Evolution Formula First. This chassis has special modifications to fit larger/taller drivers. The standard Evolution fits drivers up to 6' 3" and 230 lbs without much issue. The "NBA" should fit drivers pushing 6' 8" and 250 lbs. There is a good chance that with a 250 lb driver, lead still may be need to be added to make minimum weight!

Here is a couple of photos of the powder coated chassis with the floor attached.
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 08.01.14 at 6:29 PM.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Liked: 53

As usual Larry makes an awesome chassis

G.
    G. Brian Metcalf
    72 AutoD MK4
    1991 Mysterian M2
    2014 ALR73 FV/FST

Liked: 190

Default One Year Later.....

Larry has made the decision to get this car together over the summer. I've been collecting up parts and will start assembly. I'll post photos of the progress. At this point, the body will be in white gel coat. I've got a local "tall guy", John Doonan (Mazda), that lives a few blocks over who will be my "test fit" for the car.

Will post progress of the assembly
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Liked: 27

Default Awesome guys

As the owner Evolution chassis #213 I can tell you Larry does an awesome job. Probably a good thing mines not the big guy chassis. That's the only thing that keeps me on my diet. LOL

Liked: 151

Default This is it

For all those who wrote me last winter and said "I'm big and I want to race a formula car" this is your chance. I'd bet if you could get to Chicago the car could be built around you by one of the best builders in the business.

Bill would argue the "business" part.

Liked: 6

Default Evolution Chassis #209

I am a big guy, 5'10", 230lb and fit in Chassis #209 just great. I purchased this car from Jim Schings this year and raced for the 1st time at Gateway in April and it was comfortable, great handling and fast. If the new car is larger it would allow more seat options for a driver like me or larger. Great job with these cars Larry

Liked: 11

Looks great.

Bill chasis looks great, I tried to send you a PM but it says it is turned off and I can't find out where to change that I would not have set that purposely.

Default "Big Man" Evolution Chassis

Linda and I are proud to announce that we have purchased the Campbell Motorsports "Big Man" Evolution Chassis. The front suspension has been moved outboard to allow more room in the pedal box area for larger feet and the pan lowered to allow drivers well over 6 feet to sit below the bodywork in the lower wider part of the fuselage. This car will be available for lease during the 2015 Hoosier Series and Midwest FST Series. Included in the lease will be your own personal poured seat for driver safety and comfort.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	49382  

Default Campbell Motorsports "Big Man" chassis.

We now have the Campbell Motorsports Evolution "Big Man" chassis at our shop. We are finishing up a new " Next Gen" motor for it this week and should be starting car assembly next week. We are excited to be involved in this project along with Larry Campbell & Bill Bonow. Their work and expertise is second to none as usual. 2015 will be an exciting season for us with The 2014 series champion at the wheel as well as Jared Smith driving our 2013 Evolution. Also Chuck Singletary will be sporting one of our "Next Gen" motors in his Campbell Evolution. Pictures of the build will follow on both this site and the FST Facebook page.

Liked: 37

Default Next Gen Motor?

I heard a rumor, but.....please clue me in.

Default Motors

Greg- I prefer to not get into a lot of details in the Forum. It's easy for anyone to make a bunch of claims. We feel like we have worked out a lot of the haunting problems with the 1600 and provide performance. Honestly it's on the track that matters and we are comfortable showcasing there. Please get a hold of either me or Chuck Singletary about some races here in the Heartland in 2015. We need to get ahold of Dr Bill Wolfe also. We are planning to be at Hallett the end of April with both Evolutions so Jared Smith & Rob Clark can work on set ups. We would love to see you there.

Default Nex Gen

I did forget we are building them for sale. $5,500 plus shipping for total motor. Rebuilds less depending on condition.

Liked: 151

Default great news

Bill

Great news that you will be making a high quality engine available. Can't wait to see your new car in action. Just got off the train from NYC--its snowing, but I'm already thinking Hoosier Tire Series and spring

14. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information