Thread: scales

Liked: 0

has any one any info on the

pelouze scales? They're rated at 400lbs. and digital. I ran across something on another website(which I can't recall) that some were using these. At $155 each they're quite a savings over the others. Thanks
    Morgan<br />Zetec Championship

Liked: 706

This is probably where you saw it:

http://pub138.ezboard.com/fformulafo...picID=94.topic

It's on the old FFU Archives. Hope that helps!
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Get your FIA rain lights here:
    www.gyrodynamics.net/product/cartek-fia-rain-light/

Liked: 1

I've got 3 of those used, you can hav 'em for $250 + shipping.

The displays are scratched, but scales are in good condition. I was collecting them through ebay, but ended up buying a set of Longacres.

Geoff
    geoffrain@hotmail.com
    -----------------------------------------
    Geoff Rainville
    VanDiemen RF90 FF

Liked: 126

I have used mine for 2 years now - work just fine. My father built 4 wooden ramps to get the car up to them. In the garage, I use telephone book scraps to ensure scale heights are all equal.

Liked: 0

Rob,

I've been doing some searching on this site and the internet and I'm not having much luck finding out:

How do you determine that your scales are equal height? With the scale so far apart I wouldn't think that a level would do the job(not big enough). Only thing I could think of was a laser level.

Any insights GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Liked: 10

I used a water level for a couple years to get all four even and it worked pretty well. Just bought a laser level from Radio Shack for 40.00 and made three blocks with a line scribed at the same height. Get the highest scale level in all directions and put the laser level on it. Then put the blocks on all the other scales and shim or level until the laser hits the lines on all of the blocks. Works pretty cool for cheap.

[size="1"][ September 23, 2002, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: Dale Carter ][/size]
    Dale Carter
    2003 VanDiemen FE #29
    Life is Good

Liked: 3787

Morgan,

I think Rick Silver uses those scales. He's probably not home from the runoffs yet...

They do work fine. Just have to be willing to walk around with a pad of paper to collect all three readings. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thread Information