Thread: SMP - DAC

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

Default SMP - DAC

Congratulations to Andrew, Michael, Dave, Phil, Spencer who were all front runners this weekend & put on a great show.

Beauty weather, HOT but much better then cold & wet.

Another good turn out for total number cars & good racing all threw the field.
    Steve Bamford

Liked: 0

i think we all had a good idea that the racing at mosport was going to be tight this year. But it was just as tight at shannonville and it was fantastic. just from a pure racing perspective it was sooo much fun this weekend. i wish we hit shanonville twice.

It was tough hard driving every single corner & lap. it was an exercise in driving at, and in some cases over the limit for each of us.

wish i didnt have the braking issue i had in the sunday morning race that kept me from pushing the car.

steve i caught a bit of the final F1600 race, the way the 1600's hooks up on the last two corners and just takes off, it's pretty cool, Michael Adams was especially making a lot of time there in the last little complex.
    Andrew McMurray
    London ON
    aandrewwmc at hotmail dot com

Quote Originally Posted by hojof1 View Post
    i think we all had a good idea that the racing at mosport was going to be tight this year. But it was just as tight at shannonville and it was fantastic. just from a pure racing perspective it was sooo much fun this weekend. i wish we hit shanonville twice.

It was tough hard driving every single corner & lap. it was an exercise in driving at, and in some cases over the limit for each of us.

wish i didnt have the braking issue i had in the sunday morning race that kept me from pushing the car.

steve i caught a bit of the final F1600 race, the way the 1600's hooks up on the last two corners and just takes off, it's pretty cool, Michael Adams was especially making a lot of time there in the last little complex.
    What braking issues did you have? I had really bad wheel hop in any corner I had to brake hard. Had to be very easy on the brakes, works at CTMP (Mosport) ok to do that but not at SMP.

Took out my back up car in the hard luck on Sunday AM & had to shut if off due to low oil pressure so that didn't work out so well.

In the F1600's the front guys were really moving, I had to keep my concentration up to remember what gear to use where as the shift points are different between the 1200 & 1600 so it was fun doing that as a few times I messed it up in both cars. Michael sure had a great weekend in the 1600's, I could only watch from a distance. I was worn out by Sunday afternoon.
    Last edited by Steve Bamford; 05.28.12 at 11:54 AM.
    Steve Bamford

on sundday morning specifically my left rear was locking up heavily in 3-4 spots, but both rears were grabbing wayyy too hard causing me problems to chirp the rear when downshifting. it was like i didnt have much front brake. i adapted my approach to not downshifting as soon as i usually do, but it left me about .5 a lap down on mike and spencer.

we adjusted the brakes saturday night cuz they felt a little soft in the saturday race. i think we adjusted them a little too close and the balance was off,
    i rang my brake bias full each way (front first) during the race but nothing could stop it.

we fixed it for the sunday afternoon race and it was where i like it and the balance was correct.

i typically only experience some wheel hop going into the 2nd last corner cuz of the pavement transitiion but everyone does, not much you can do there. but everywhere else on the track it was super solid, no wheel hop.
    Andrew McMurray
    London ON

steve, i bet you were worn out.

hopefully the 1200 motor didnt get hurt.

it must be really challenging to jump in one car and then another type and remember all the shift and braking points.
    Andrew McMurray
    London ON

My wheel hop was in 2, 6, into the hairpin, before entering the back straight if I was hard on the brakes, & coming off the back straight was obviously the worst with the bump. I was only about to use about 50% braking or it would start bouncing all over the place on me.

Apparently it is something that will come in go with some of the older Mysterians. I am sure we will get it figured out.

Congratulations once again to you guys. Spencer really has improved which is great to see.
    Steve Bamford

Liked: 15

we didn't have a good weekend either after lap 2 of race 1 my valve springs lost all tension i couldn't rev past 5200 rpm. So i had no power for the rest of the weekend. Those springs were brand new before shannonville bad batch I guess! Should be fixed up by mosport!!

Thread Information