Liked: 80

Default goodyear tire failures

I would like to request that anyone who ran at mosport last weekend in the pro 1000 series check your front tires for any sign of sidewall fatique. I had 5 fronts either blow or about to blow. Goodyears answer is that they were underinflated or that there was excessive negative camber. We ran 15 psi cold and one degree neg camber. Please check the inside of the sidewalls for a breakdown of the carcass that resembles a sawtooth pattern and or bulges in the sidewall. Prior to the failures there was a obvious loss of balance which took up to 1.25 ounces of wieght to cure. Thank-you, jeremy hill 416-231-2007 or photon00@hotmail.com

TTMRacing

Our tires were fine all weekend. No fatigue. In fact they got better as laps went on.

Mike

Contributing Member Brandon Dixon's Avatar
    Liked: 127

Quote Originally Posted by JEREMY HILL View Post
    I would like to request that anyone who ran at mosport last weekend in the pro 1000 series check your front tires for any sign of sidewall fatique. I had 5 fronts either blow or about to blow. Goodyears answer is that they were underinflated or that there was excessive negative camber. We ran 15 psi cold and one degree neg camber. Please check the inside of the sidewalls for a breakdown of the carcass that resembles a sawtooth pattern and or bulges in the sidewall. Prior to the failures there was a obvious loss of balance which took up to 1.25 ounces of wieght to cure. Thank-you, jeremy hill 416-231-2007 or photon00@hotmail.com
    My fronts appear to be fine. The tires from Saturdays race have been taken off the wheels and they appear fine on the inside as well. I had no out of balance condition on any of my tires.

Sorry that you were fighting this issue, Jeremy. I've been scratching my head to try to understand what is going on. Let me know if there any way that I can help.

Liked: 601

Default goodyear tires

Jeremy,
    Maybe your tire gauge is reading high and the tire were under inflated?
    I'd check, just in case.
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

keith, we did find our gauge read 1lb high and adjusted for it, thanks, jeremy

Liked: 43

Jeremy,

It is possible for you to post a picture of the failure(s)?

Liked: 1871

Any chance that the tires were being rotated the wrong way?

dan, i regret i didnt take any pictures and they were mounted correctly by goodyear, regards, jeremy

Liked: 43

Did Goodyear consider rim width for the user group. Were people running 6 and 8 inch, 7-9, or the 8-10 inch combinations. It seems to me that this may be of some concern for sidewall failure. If a spec tire is the rule, what size rim was it designed to be run on?

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Jeremy - I just got the car back from Critter and I can't see or feel anything goofy.
    Dan - Folks were running 6,7, and 8" front rims and 8,9, and 10" rear rims.

GC

Liked: 0

We've been running goodyears for the last two years and on our chassis we were running hot pressures in a range of 21-24 psi

Good luck with the investigation.

Thread Information