F1000champ

Default One year anniversary

One year ago today, the Formula 1000 Championship Series was formed. Now in just a few short weeks we will be kicking off our inaugural event at the Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (Mosport).

A lot has gone into forming this series in a short time and we cannot thank all the drivers and teams that have shown their support as well as all the sponsors that have come on board.

We look forward to seeing everyone on May 17th as they arrive and look to put on a show, the likes of which have never been seen before in F1000.

See you all there at the Hooters F1000 Grand Prix of Canada!

Liked: 151

What is the final count/roster for cars that will be attending Mosport?

F1000champ

15 as of today and we have another potential entrant, which we'll know for sure next week. See attached entry list.

I figured when I started this, that if we averaged 15 in our first season, it would be successful. I also knew that Mosport, being in Canada, would probably be our least subscribed event. So to have 15 in Mosport, we have 18 entered for NJ and VIR and with over 20 at Mid-Ohio for the east-west shootout, it has come about very nicely.

Not bad for a new series in its first season. I see next year really growing substantially as there are several drivers/teams waiting to see how our first year goes. Now we just have to put on a great show!
    Last edited by F1000champ; 04.28.12 at 1:47 PM.

John,

Can you go over the crew credential requirements for pro racing? It appears that there is a separate piece of paperwork that needs to be done and a different ID?

F1000champ

Crew credentials

Anyone needing a hot pit pass must be an SCCA member.

Teams are allocated 6 crew passes per driver.

Single event crew members can receive a crew pass at registration for that event.

Hot pit crew members that will be at multiple events are required to get an annual hard card. The credential application can be downloaded from our website on the competitors information page. It is suggested at all crew (cold or hot) who will be at multiple events get a hard card.

Our registrar will have event credentials for those listed on each teams crew list.

If you have an annual hard card, you will not need to go to registration to get your pass.

http://www.f1000champ.com/f/F1000_An...ith_Waiver.pdf

I see the form now. I had assumed that was the driver's application.

edit- before I send this in, I want to make sure I understand. It is an additional $75 on top of my normal scca membership/competition license fee?

F1000champ

Wren,

Yes, this fee is for the SCCA Pro Racing credential.

Your SCCA membership fee goes to the club.

Ok. I was just making sure. Got everything notarized and dropped in the mail today.

Contributing Member Nicholas Belling's Avatar
    Liked: 1

You dont need to do the notarization deal.. For Time constraint purpsoses.

What you do is fill in the application form. and cover letter for stacy in scca PRO reg.

Hold at Mosport event.. they will get you to sign your hard card then and validate who you are without the notary costs and transitting in the mail system back and forth..

Just an FYI !!
    Nicholas Belling
    email@nicholasbelling.com
    Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

F1000champ

Nicholas is correct. If you can't get the waiver notarized, you can send in all the paperwork and pick up your credential at registration and sign the waiver there. It's just simpler to get it all done and send it in so they can send you the credential. That way you don't need to go to registration.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Belling View Post
    You dont need to do the notarization deal.. For Time constraint purpsoses.

What you do is fill in the application form. and cover letter for stacy in scca PRO reg.

Hold at Mosport event.. they will get you to sign your hard card then and validate who you are without the notary costs and transitting in the mail system back and forth..

Just an FYI !!

My bank did the notarizing for free and I was in and out in 5 minutes. I expect that there will be plenty to keep me busy at Mosport and I want to avoid any extra hassle that I can.

Thread Information