Liked: 0

Default F1000 Pro Series - Laguna Seca

A quick rundown Qualifying for Race 3 of the F1000 Pro Series Presented by Hoosier Racing Tires, Hyperco, Jongbloed Racing Wheels, Kool Coat and Elizabeth Jackson Artwork.

1. 1:24.400 JR Osborne
    2. 1:25.082 Larry Vollum
    3. 1:27.886. Nicholas Woodman
    4. 1:32.125. Denis Costin
    5. 1:34.588. Herman Pahls
    6. 1:37.662. John LaBrie
    7. No time. Lucian Pancea
    8. No time. Thomas Copeland

Both Pancea and Copeland had times disallowed for sound violation.

Session incident free except for Copeland's high speed off in turn 6 where he incurred minor front wing damage.

Denis Cosin was another to have a moment in turn 6 when he half spun and bent a wheel rim.

That's it? Where's the post session driver interviews... We need more information man.
    Good luck to everyone. John I hope your weekend goes better than last

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default TC - That sign at T6 entrance

that says "Salinas Exit" - it's a fake. Do NOT turn right there!

Quote Originally Posted by F1000proseries.com View Post
    A quick rundown Qualifying for Race 3 of the F1000 Pro Series Presented by Hoosier Racing Tires, Hyperco, Jongbloed Racing Wheels, Kool Coat and Elizabeth Jackson Artwork.

1. 1:24.400 JR Osborne
    2. 1:25.082 Larry Vollum
    3. 1:27.886. Nicholas Woodman
    4. 1:32.125. Denis Costin
    5. 1:34.588. Herman Pahls
    6. 1:37.662. John LaBrie
    7. No time. Lucian Pancea
    8. No time. Thomas Copeland

Both Pancea and Copeland had times disallowed for sound violation.

Session incident free except for Copeland's high speed off in turn 6 where he incurred minor front wing damage.

Contributing Member Thomas Copeland's Avatar
    Liked: 165

Somebody should have told that me before I tried taking that exit.

It was great to get back in the car in a race setting again. Today my neck hurts, arms got bruises, ankle feels twisted, all the old aches and pains are back...But its awesome to be back racing. Yesterday was a bit crazy as my wide feet kept catching the accel pedal when I braked. That's what happened at turn 6 yesterday, and turn 5, 2....

We took the pedal assembly out and Nicholas attacked the accel pedal with a dremel and today no more clumsy braking. my race lasted 3 laps before something in the ignition popped. rolled to a stop up way up the hill near the corkscrew where I had a great view of the race, countryside, and planes making their crazy approaches into Monterrey airport.

Results not in yet but JR's rotten luck continues as he was DQ'ed from 1st place for sound. Not sure winner yet.

Default F1000 Pro Series - Laguna Seca

Official Results - Race 3 2012 F1000 Pro Series presented by Hoosier Tires, Hyperco, Jongbloed Racing Wheels, Kool Coat, Geartronics, and Elizabeth Jackson Artwork.

1. Nicholas Woodman
    2. Larry Vollum
    3. Lucian Pancea
    4. Denis Cosin
    5. JR Osbourne - dropped from 1st place, sound penalty
    6. John LaBrie - not running at Finish
    7. Thomas Copeland - DNF, 2 laps
    8. Herman Pahls, DNS

Race report to come later

Liked: 84

[FONT=Verdana]?? is it me or does it seems that JR gets DQ'd now a regular basis because of the most ridiculous reasons? tough luck.... these days the only person beating JR is JR...[/FONT]

Liked: 159

Default sound dq

What was the decibel limit that they exceeded. Does anyone know what muffler they were using? At the runoffs there didn't seem to be a need for a muffler.

thanks,

Jerry

ASRF1000

Laguna has some very strict sound levels.

Liked: 43

Sounds like they had the 103db limit. Pun intended.

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51657

Contributing Member crowe motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 34

Default Sound

I was given a notice of violating sound after Q-1 at VIR Nationals last weekend and at the drivers meeting they said sound would be enforced. I put a turned pipe away from the sound meter to assure I would not get busted. If the stewards did not notify those that were breaking sound before, I would see if it could be appealed. But the SUPPS may protect the stewards if it puts the onus on the driver to check for their sound reading.

What a Bummer if it was a total surprise that occurred in the race only.

Default Congratulations

Congratulations to JR Osborne and Ted Dale for a great weekend at Laguna! We want to thank you for all the time, money, and especially the determination you invest in racing our cars. We are very lucky to have you guys on the Stohr team.

Wayne Felch

Unofficial Results - Race 4 2012 F1000 Pro Series presented by Hoosier Tires, Hyperco, Jongbloed Racing Wheels, Kool Coat, Geartronics, and Elizabeth Jackson Artwork.

1. JR Osborne
    2. Larry Vollum
    3. Nicholas Woodman
    4. John LaBrie
    5. Denis Cosin
    6. Herman Pahls
    7. Lucian Pancea - not running at finish
    8. Thomas Copeland - DNF, 1 laps

It took some time to have the post-race trophy handout as Nicholas Woodman spent a considerable amount of time in the SCCA impound after in race contact with an FM. At the time of the post race trophy handout it was believe Woodman it had been DQ when in fact it was the FM that had been DQ. As a result the 3rd place trophy had been awarded to John LaBrie. Our apologies to both John and Nicholas for the error.

Race report to come later

EDIT---

Confusion sorted out:

In the hard copy provisional results that the SCCA handed out about an hour or so after the race Woodman is shown as having finishing third. These results were distributed some time after Woodman had left impound and after we had had the post race trophy handout. As a result we thought he had not been DQ'ed. Uncertianity is why we listed the results as unofficial.

Hours after the race was completed and after we had had all left the track the official results were finalized showing what we had originally believed that Nicholas Woodman had been DQ'ed apparently for contact.

Here are the amended results from Race 4:

1. JR Osborne
    2. Larry Vollum
    3. John LaBrie
    4. Denis Cosin
    5. Herman Pahls
    6. Lucian Pancea
    7. Thomas Copeland - DNF, 2 laps
    8. Nicholas Woodman - DQ

Last edited by F1000proseries.com; 05.10.12 at 1:51 PM.

Thread Information