Liked: 0

Default Do I store it or do I sell it...

Many of you guided me through the process of building my vee, and I had every intention of racing regionally this season, but an opportunity to start a new business makes racing this season an impossibility.

FV was a forced fit for me, as I am a big guy, but wanted to race open wheel on a budget. The reality is that in a year or two I could invest more time/money into a different rig, but with the hardwork and customization I have into my current setup I am finding it hard to list it for sale.

So do I sell it or store it. Its not a competitive ride by any means, but it is clean, and just needs some fresh tires, and a few sessions to get the alignment sorted.

If your not familiar with the car...
    Josh

Liked: 5

Default Keep it and autox it

To autox the car would only take a sunday you would not need a lot of money and only 1 day not 2 or 3 and entry fee is not $320.00 to $500.00 is more like 25 bucks You still get to play with the car. Get some formula vee tire treatment on amazon or go to the local kart shop and get some tire softener like grape and go have some fun. enjoy the toy

Liked: 7

Do both.

List the car for sale and AutoX.

Cars that haven't run are not going to command anything decent price-wise.

This way you can enjoy the car a bit (cheaply), and get some decent cash for it.

Jim

Liked: 2

This is painful, but do you really need $1500/$2000?
    Race it, find a way, race it!

Quote Originally Posted by joshuagore View Post

So do I sell it or store it. Its not a competitive ride by any means, but it is clean, and just needs some fresh tires, and a few sessions to get the alignment sorted.

Josh
    Are you in Illinois? I have friend I autocross with I have him in talked in the FV if he can find one close. If you decide to sell it let me know with the price. he is want something he can work on and tinker with. We ran the same class SS last year him with his Z06 and me with my RT/10 so it would great to still run against each other only move to FM. The FV is a Blast to Autocross especially with the 6 inch wide tires.
    Out local SCCA has 2 FV and we are trying to get some more so we can have some fun competition at our auto crosses in South IN/IL.

Quote Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
    Are you in Illinois? I have friend I autocross with I have him in talked in the FV if he can find one close. If you decide to sell it let me know with the price. he is want something he can work on and tinker with. We ran the same class SS last year him with his Z06 and me with my RT/10 so it would great to still run against each other only move to FM. The FV is a Blast to Autocross especially with the 6 inch wide tires.
    Out local SCCA has 2 FV and we are trying to get some more so we can have some fun competition at our auto crosses in South IN/IL.

Yes I am illinois. The car is officially for sale. 847-513-3649
    Josh

Quote Originally Posted by joshuagore View Post
    Yes I am illinois. The car is officially for sale. 847-513-3649
    Josh
    How much, my one friend bought a RX7 but I know another one who might be interested?

post the details and price for the car
    Better to have raced for a day...
    than been a spectator for life!

The proper place for this is in the for sale section but I will summarize here.

Started a business, need the space, and lack of distraction. Likely my business will bring me back to racing in no time through some product development crossing over into racing applications. So for now she needs to go.

The car runs and drives well, but could use a good alignment, good suspension setup, and it really needs tires.
    The car was purchased as a vintage lynx clone which had some chassis safety issues. The chassis was nearly completely redone, to fit much larger drivers. It was brought up to SCCA FV spec but never homologated. This was done over the past few years.

I am asking $3500 with data logging system, which includes digital dash, and gps logging track mapping, lap times, etc... The car has a SCCA legal fire system, and Fuel cell, and belts so it could be used wheel to wheel if homologated.
    -Car
    -Trailer
    -Spare engine/Trans(in poor condition)
    -Random spares

Here are pictures of the car without data logger installed.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/joshgor...7627272905066/

Here is the car without bodywork.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/joshgor...7627037017993/

Here is the car at its first shakedown(video)
    https://vimeo.com/27615351

Thread Information