R.Franklin(Stohr)

Sunday Race 2

B.Dixon (Citation)
    M.Crowe (VD Novak)
    R.Franklin(Stohr)
    T.Pierce (Firman)

Saturday Race 1 - Highlight Video from # 81 in link below

Click --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prAUH...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Revs2-12k; 04.24.12 at 10:42 PM.
    Working hard to enhance my Carbon Fiber footprint....
    2011 Stohr F1000
    www.Area81Racing.com

Contributing Member crowe motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 34

Default VIR Double

[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]VIR Double National[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]We had 4 cars with Brandon in the CiDixon (Citation), Tim Pierce in a Firman, Richard Franklin in the lastest generaton Stohr and me in the Van Diemen Nova. [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Busy track with 40 cars including 10 FA’s, 5 CSR’s and 13 FE’s. Not easy to get a clean lap. Brandon was on GY’s and at 1.50 in Q-1 and broke into the 49’s in Q-2. I was in the 53’s trying some different set ups including two different widths of tires with this being a new car for me. [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]We had a dry race and a very wet rain race. Brandon paced the field with two wins and I followed with two 2nds. Everyone had a good weekend without incident on a great VIR track.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]I did observe the other FB’s doing some standing starts at lunch time on Saturday. I passed on the opportunity as I did not want to chance breaking and missing a finish which is important for me since I have just started my 2012 season and finishes are critical. Brandon demonstrated a perfect standing start. 7K and feathered the clutch with controlled gripping wheel spin and rev’s never going up materially until he had full gripping acceleration. [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]My good friend Pepper Bowe was on hand and took some pictures per the attached link. Thanks Pepper![/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]https://picasaweb.google.com/pepperbowe292/VIRMCrowe42012?authkey=Gv1sRgCKrSrYPq1JvQDw#[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Best of luck to all in the Pro Series. My next stop is Mid Ohio Double in June.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Michael Crowe [/FONT][/FONT]

Liked: 553

That sounds like a pretty darn good start, Michael. Congratulations.

Pepper's pictures look great, as always.

I want to see (and hear) a video of BD's standing start! :-).
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Thread Information